US Politics Thread

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Brand isn't a failed comedian. He's actually very successful with sellout standout routines throughout the UK. He's not really my cup of tea as a comedian but to say he's "failed" sounds more mean-spirited and certainly not accurate. One thing he doesn't rely on is the hideous canned laughter played on Colbert's segments. So, "at least" he gets genuine laughs from his audience unlike the likes of Colbert... who is about as funny as a burning orphanage. Stewart is sharper.

What is a "pretend" commentator? Anyone can have an opinion. Brand was once a darling of the old left.... just not the new. As a commentator, he does at least reference source documentation - unlike the mainstream "news" aka propaganda.

The WEF is the World Economic Forum, who are official partners with the United Nations... also named in British Parliamentary bills as government partners, with a membership consisting of the biggest corporations in the world. The fact you're unaware of this and Agenda 2030 would suggest your news sources aren't really doing their job... or maybe they are - keeping the masses ignorant of anything of importance and concentrating on trivial political drama.
I thought Russell Brand wasn't doing comedy anymore, but it seems he did tape a live show last year, after 10 years. You may not like Colbert, but he tapes live in front of a studio audience, so that's not canned laughter.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I thought Russell Brand wasn't doing comedy anymore, but it seems he did tape a live show last year, after 10 years. You may not like Colbert, but he tapes live in front of a studio audience, so that's not canned laughter.

Here is Brand's tour history:

Rather more than one show in 10 years. He's also got near on 7 million Youtube subscribers and 2 million on Rumble. Colbert has more on Youtube but he had the luxury of a network behind him. Brand didn't get that level of exposure on mainstream and a had a far smaller target domestic audience. Interesting failure...

Reactions: Front242

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
What is weird is the sudden love affair by the Dems of Harris in about one week of time. They could not stand her three weeks ago and wanted nothing to do with her. Just plain weird!

Reactions: Front242

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
My problem with Brand is that he doesn't really offer very much, and he's a failed comedian, turned pretend commentator. At least the likes of Stephen Colbert and Jon Stewart basically understand that they're really comedians, and they're still funny.

I'm not sure what you mean the WEF is, so please define, before I comment. I don't want to guess.

You can stick with the news sources you prefer, but you should allow me mine, right? Especially since you don't even know what they are.
WEF is the World Economic Forum. Everything is run by them and not the individual countries themselves. Of course everyone's entitled to get their news from wherever they wish and I'm not only getting news from Russell Brand obviously! I'm not even subscribed to him but I've YouTube premium so you watch one and it recommends another and I don't want that many lately.

This only all kicked off as I said it was utter nonsense about Trump supposedly wishing to turn America into a dictatorship and it just so happens that Russell Brand was reporting the full uncensored clip and the majority of people have only heard the edited one. This also proves he's far from just a failed comedian when he's educating the public on the censorship being dished out by the left and this is why that nonsense campaign was started by these ppl to try and shut him down. The left don't want people knowing the truth, they want them controlled and only lapping up the censored remains that they publish to the sheep masses who believe everything they see, read and hear and are devoid of critical thinking.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
What I don't understand is why $cumbag Republicans & conservatives are so concerned about what the Dems do from here on out? They have Congress & the Supreme Court in their pocket, but all you hear is them b!tchin' about what the Dems are doing or not doing! I find it disgusting that women have allowed them to villify, demonize, & undermine the accomplishments of Kamala Harris w/ an inability to stick to issues! Name-calling, lying, & making arses of themselves in the media & social platforms show how pathetic they truly are now! :astonished-face::angry-face::yawningface::zippermouthface: :slap:

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
What I don't understand is why $cumbag Republicans & conservatives are so concerned about what the Dems do from here on out? They have Congress & the Supreme Court in their pocket, but all you hear is them b!tchin' about what the Dems are doing or not doing! I find it disgusting that women have allowed them to villify, demonize, & undermine the accomplishments of Kamala Harris w/ an inability to stick to issues! Name-calling, lying, & making arses of themselves in the media & social platforms show how pathetic they truly are now! :astonished-face::angry-face::yawningface::zippermouthface: :slap:
What accomplishments ? Btw, as useless as she is, I'm not sure on Bill Maher's Kamala can't win statement. The propaganda from the left is on absolute maximum overdrive. Look at the NPC "weird" programming britbox posted above. Any censored dirt they release on Trump will be lapped up by the majority and that's a win for the "democrats" even if it's all lies and she's useless, ignorant, condescending. And that horrible cackle :/ There are so many brainless clowns voting who won't know they're being fed censored lies and propaganda that she can still easily win this.

Last edited:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
What is weird is the sudden love affair by the Dems of Harris in about one week of time. They could not stand her three weeks ago and wanted nothing to do with her. Just plain weird!
It's surprising, but on the other hand not that "weird." We had this discussion last winter. No one wanted a Biden v Trump rematch. We discussed the idea that, if either side would post a different candidate, they would probably win. So, the Democrats have posted a different option. And people are excited to have a different option. Well, they told us that. So, not that weird.

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I thought you would noticed I was doing a play on the word "weird", which is been bantered about in the press recently amongst the media and Democats. :)

Reactions: Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I thought you would noticed I was doing a play on the word "weird", which is been bantered about in the press recently amongst the media and Democats. :)
I did get it, but I responded to the spirit of the question. Harris has deliberately chosen to call Trump "weird." It simplifies things, appeals to the young, while at the same time mimicking Trump's vagueness. Put it out there and let Trump deal with it. It's a smart tactic.

At the same time, Trump has decided to attack Harris's "blackness." At a meeting with Black journalists, no less. When you get audible gasps in a room, it's not going well.

Reactions: Fiero425

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
I did get it, but I responded to the spirit of the question. Harris has deliberately chosen to call Trump "weird." It simplifies things, appeals to the young, while at the same time mimicking Trump's vagueness. Put it out there and let Trump deal with it. It's a smart tactic.

At the same time, Trump has decided to attack Harris's "blackness." At a meeting with Black journalists, no less. When you get audible gasps in a room, it's not going well.

The Dems & liberal networks have learned to play "childish" name calling so "weird" has been used, overused, & run into the ground to club J.D.! ;)

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The Dems & liberal networks have learned to play "childish" name calling so "weird" has been used, overused, & run into the ground to club J.D.! ;)
Dems have been trying the "when they go low, we go high" for years, and it doesn't work. Throwing mud sticks. "Weird" isn't even close to the kind of things that Republicans call Dems. But it's a start. Gloves off. Especially if Trump is going to question Kamala's "blackness." She should question his Christianity, in response. Because his Christianity seems to be performative and opportunistic. At least she is actually Black.

• Haha

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions

Trump meeting was scheduled for one hour with the NABJ. During the first two minutes Trump berated the moderators saying that they delayed him for 35 minutes because they were late ( a stereotype that is Always applied to non Caucasians and the equipment was working properly).. Trump was trying to deflect to make the NABJ look derelict which plays to his MAGA base. The moderators didn't not take the bait and carry on with dumpster fire of his present on stage.

Facts: The reason for the delay was due to Trump's insistence that the Fact checking device be turned off. Trump bitched about this 45 minutes prior but the NABJ wouldn't bulge. This is why when he came on stage the moderator when directly to her question regarding the "elephant in the room" which most definitely added fuel to Trump's child like behavior. When the moderator tried to inquire about Project 2025 , the Trump team insisted that #45 had a hard stop at that point in the discussion. The major newspapers have verified this and it was announced on MSNBC. CNN and the major news networks like ABC , CBS and NBC most definitely will follow up. The one moderator from FOX Harris said that it was a hostile environment. Really? It was all due to the greatest of Lies. #45

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

That was poor form on the former Pres.'s part. He really stuck his foot in his mouth on that one. Just stupid and it has the unfortunate effect of putting more voters towards her and away from him, which is not with this country needs in terms of policy. (I fully recognize you and others here think that is exactly what this country needs just because there is a level of detesting him more than anything else). At any rate, we will continue with this very weird election year. I doubt we will see one like it again in our lifetimes.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
That was poor form on the former Pres.'s part. He really stuck his foot in his mouth on that one. Just stupid and it has the unfortunate effect of putting more voters towards her and away from him, which is not with this country needs in terms of policy. (I fully recognize you and others here think that is exactly what this country needs just because there is a level of detesting him more than anything else). At any rate, we will continue with this very weird election year. I doubt we will see one like it again in our lifetimes.
It was "poor form" and stupid. It's also racist, and something he's also done to Nikki Haley. He's questioning a person's authenticity, which he has also done to Barack Obama, with the birth certificate crap. It's a distraction from policy. But contrary to your above, I don't just detest Trump, I don't want him to be President because of his policies, as well. As much as he ever cares to discuss them with any actual substance. I know what he was like as a President before, and I don't want a repeat of it. On many levels. I know we basically agree on him on a personal level, but don't for a minute think that it colors my opinion on his political positions. That diminishes my own political astuteness. I know I don't want his MAGA coalition any closer to power than they already are. And there are just the basic core Republican policies that I disagree with. On this we differ, which is fine.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Well, I think both sides can stop worrying about RFK, Jr. spoiling the election as a 3rd party candidate, after the bear cub story.

• Haha

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Tell me this doesn't sound slightly unhinged and desperate. From Trump on Truth Social:

Screen Shot 2024-08-07 at 12.20.52 AM.png

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Side note to the above: I believe that Trump just admitted that Biden is legitimately the President. So much for the "stolen election" claims. :face-with-tears-of-joy:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Trump claimed in a recent press conference that he was in a near-crash in a helicopter in CA. That he was with Willie Brown. Turns out, he was never in a helicopter with Willie Brown, though he was in one with Gov. Jerry Brown. It didn't go down, or have any problems. Also, it turns out, he was in a tricky helicopter landing, many years earlier, with a completely different Black man. In New Jersey. He confused his black men? And his timeline? And which part of the country he was in?

We should talk about Trump's cognitive issues.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mrzz World Affairs 2449
T World Affairs 13
britbox World Affairs 82
britbox World Affairs 1004
britbox World Affairs 46