US Politics Thread

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
If find this frightening. Trump at a UFC event in full macho mode. This is Mussolini stuff, the extravagant machismo.

lol! Is this the first time you've seen him at UFC? He and Dana White are friends. Many of fighters gush over him as well. For the life of me I don't understand what they see. The man is the exact opposite of what they are. He's a coward

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
for those wondering where all these cray cray ideas are coming from...

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I watched a clip of Charlamagne tha God on The View - a famous double hater. If he's typical of that sub-group then Trump is toast. He seems to think Biden is too old, BUT Trump is a threat to democracy

Reactions: Moxie and Fiero425

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I found the outrage of Republican politicians railing against a weaponised justice system so amusing. Meanwhile the President's son is being prosecuted. If Hunter loses the case in a perverse way it could completely blow the GOP narrative to smithereens. NO one believes a President Trump would ever allow anyone in his family to be prosecuted, let alone sentenced!

Reactions: Moxie and Fiero425

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
What a Fk'n embarrassment! This guy Cotton & all the rest being shills for Trump can't look any worse! They're like children pointing fingers feverishly at others to allow Trump to play the victim! "What about Hillary, what about Hunter, that judge and his daughter?" OMG, I hate these people so much! Unfortunately they're allowed to act like idiots b/c that's what their constituents seem to appreciate & want! Democracy is on the wane w/ them! I think they're looking forward to Trump's dictatorship! :angry-face: :face-with-head-bandage: :astonished-face: :fearful-face: :yawningface:
Those GOP politicians are giving Trump's ego more attention than Stormy Daniels could have ever tried.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
a mushroom shaped ego you mean?:lol6:
@Federberg Question! Have you ever seen before a single individual can highjack an entire party like Trump has even in defeat and all his criminal conspiracies plus convictions? I'm curious what is the point of view from across the pond. I have a pretty good understanding of why the GOP is so spineless including a large number of the Democrats are afraid.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
@Federberg Question! Have you ever seen before a single individual can highjack an entire party like Trump has even in defeat and all his criminal conspiracies plus convictions? I'm curious what is the point of view from across the pond. I have a pretty good understanding of why the GOP is so spineless including a large number of the Democrats are afraid.
not like this. It's almost beyond belief. Boris Johnson is the closest to Trump, but he's not a sociopath just diabolically ambitious and fiendishly clever. Perhaps somewhere in the world there's someone similar to Trump. But the confluence of democracy, a large portion of society and a spineless political party that puts winning above patriotism? Trump is part Mussolini, part Hitler (but without the courage). No... it's like they say.. history rhymes but it's never exactly the same!

Reactions: the AntiPusher

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
not like this. It's almost beyond belief. Boris Johnson is the closest to Trump, but he's not a sociopath just diabolically ambitious and fiendishly clever. Perhaps somewhere in the world there's someone similar to Trump. But the confluence of democracy, a large portion of society and a spineless political party that puts winning above patriotism? Trump is part Mussolini, part Hitler (but without the courage). No... it's like they say.. history rhymes but it's never exactly the same!
Very much like Hitler and Mussolini's reign of division of the racial and social classes. If Trump doesn't win there may be an Insurrection 2.0 if one of the two remaining federal cases (Fanni willis Georgia and Jack Smith's cases ) doesn't indite him for class A Felonies. The document case will never come to fruition because he has the chick the so called judge on his political retainer.

Reactions: Fiero425

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Very much like Hitler and Mussolini's reign of division of the racial and social classes. If Trump doesn't win there may be an Insurrection 2.0 if one of the two remaining federal cases (Fanni willis Georgia and Jack Smith's cases ) doesn't indite him for class A Felonies. The document case will never come to fruition because he has the chick the so called judge on his political retainer.
I actually think that if he loses people will be more than ready to run away from him. Even if he wants to, he won't succeed in trying to run again. It's one thing for people to try to launch a coup to assist a sitting President and quite another to go up against an incumbent President. There's no pardon, and you're opposing the State? And you've seen hundreds of people already jailed for the previous attempt. Nah... the most interesting thing if he loses again is going to be the blood bath as people try to take up leadership of the GOP. I'll be sitting and watching and nibbling my popcorn!

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I actually think that if he loses people will be more than ready to run away from him. Even if he wants to, he won't succeed in trying to run again. It's one thing for people to try to launch a coup to assist a sitting President and quite another to go up against an incumbent President. There's no pardon, and you're opposing the State? And you've seen hundreds of people already jailed for the previous attempt. Nah... the most interesting thing if he loses again is going to be the blood bath as people try to take up leadership of the GOP. I'll be sitting and watching and nibbling my popcorn!
This race is a lot closer than you can imagine. The majority of American voters are not fluent on local or government politics. They go with the flow of Sleepy Joe or that's he doesnt know how to run the country because he is boring. (kinda like the ole Pete Sampras wasnt as great because he didnt have a lot of charisma.) They still think Trump is funny with his name calling and tweets. The insurrection I believe because no One in Congress was injured was nothing more than a rally protest that went a bit far. They feel the government should be overthrown to protect their so called "white heritage". They have forgotten about covid and state of the country during the pandemic. Heck, even if they look at the current health of their 401k or pension plans they still are dismissive of Biden because the GOP anti Biden campaign is more aggressive than the Democrats plans for the long term future of the country. It will not be any popcorn nibbling here in the states.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I’m not gonna lie, the European elections were disturbing. Hoping history doesn’t rhyme. Conditions not the same as 2016, particularly as the left will win crushingly in the U.K. But this is too important for me not to worry

Reactions: Fiero425 and Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
anyone feel sorry for him? No? Me neither...

I did mean to comment on this one last week, when I was traveling. Alex Jones is one of those people that Dante created a circle of Hell for. I will never understand why he preyed upon the poor parents who lost their children. He ruined people's lives. People moved away because of him. What the hell was he going for?

As I understand it, his schtick was related to some fear that the Sandyhook shooting might change gun laws, or weaken the NRA case?

In related news, Hunter Biden is convicted by the "Biden Justice system" of gun crimes. Interesting how much silence there was from the right, because it was a gun charge.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I’m not gonna lie, the European elections were disturbing. Hoping history doesn’t rhyme. Conditions not the same as 2016, particularly as the left will win crushingly in the U.K. But this is too important for me not to worry
I haven't had time to do a deep dive on this, but first blush is disturbing. They are essentially voting against the EU mandate. They're not believing in it. I haven't gone country-by-country. It's like Brexit. Am I wrong? What is your take-away?

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
1718176646830.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Moxie and shawnbm

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I haven't had time to do a deep dive on this, but first blush is disturbing. They are essentially voting against the EU mandate. They're not believing in it. I haven't gone country-by-country. It's like Brexit. Am I wrong? What is your take-away?
Brexit was so unique I’m loathe to claim that. This was about immigration, but a lot of these right wing parties mirror a lot of MAGA concepts, not least the pro-Russian stuff .

I’m holding on to my belief that these European elections tend to be the protest votes you wouldn’t want to make at general elections

Reactions: Moxie

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Can't help feeling Republicans have made an error insisting that Hunter needed to be prosecuted. This conviction eviscerates the 'two tier justice system' narrative. It humanises the President as a father of a drug addict son. Meanwhile, I continue to anticipate that more Americans will start to feel what all of us in the financial system see as a strong economy. Ironically we're starting to see possible signs that things will turn for the worse but not before the phase of consumers starting to feel much much better.

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
^ I agree that this particular criminal charge as to Hunter was not needed and may help the president in the way that Trump being prosecuted in New York has and will help him more than hurt him. Now, the tax issues involving Hunter and his uncle and the "Big Guy" are the ones on which they ought to have been focused and will eventually.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mrzz World Affairs 2449
T World Affairs 13
britbox World Affairs 82
britbox World Affairs 1004
britbox World Affairs 46