US Politics Thread

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Saw McConnell had another freezing episode. This is sad, even if he's been a bit of an agent of darkness in the past. I don't get these people, at what point do they consider just retiring and living their best lives? He's phenomenally wealthy. He's been at the centre of power. Does he need to die in the chair? I just don't get it..

Reactions: Kieran

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Saw McConnell had another freezing episode. This is sad, even if he's been a bit of an agent of darkness in the past. I don't get these people, at what point do they consider just retiring and living their best lives? He's phenomenally wealthy. He's been at the centre of power. Does he need to die in the chair? I just don't get it..
He and Feinstein both need to go home and enjoy the rest of their lives. I think they’ve become addicted to the power, and can’t let go.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com

Like Trump, I don't blame the old farts who won't let it go! I'm all for pointing the fingers at the enablers who allow this BS to go on election cycle after another! The real idiots are the "mates," the voters, then the fellow pols that keep them in important positions of power! Yeah, they want to die in the chair! :astonished-face: :fearful-face: :yawningface: :face-with-head-bandage:

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Amazing how time can make you open. your eyes. Because of my distaste of Trump and those who supported him, I refused to see that Stacey Abrams was effectively doing a Kari Lake (I won't go as far as to invoke the orange one) by refusing to accept her first loss to Kemp. But for some reason listening to Kemp yesterday taking that obvious swipe at Trump. I had to acknowledge my earlier error. I salute the man. Right about now I would love for him to take on the orange a-hole. And if he beat Biden I wouldn't be mad at it! Time is great indeed

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Amazing how time can make you open. your eyes. Because of my distaste of Trump and those who supported him, I refused to see that Stacey Abrams was effectively doing a Kari Lake (I won't go as far as to invoke the orange one) by refusing to accept her first loss to Kemp. But for some reason listening to Kemp yesterday taking that obvious swipe at Trump. I had to acknowledge my earlier error. I salute the man. Right about now I would love for him to take on the orange a-hole. And if he beat Biden I wouldn't be mad at it! Time is great indeed
This pattern of non-acceptance of the results of presidential elections is habitual since 1996. There were democrats didn’t accept Bush as a legitimate president in 2000. There were republicans who didn’t accept Obama because they said he wasn’t American. There are about a dozen videos of Hillary saying Trump wasn’t legitimate president. Trump then refused to accept he lost.

It’s a pathological extension of rabid tribalism and it’s becoming progressively worse each cycle…

Reactions: Federberg

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
This pattern of non-acceptance of the results of presidential elections is habitual since 1996. There were democrats didn’t accept Bush as a legitimate president in 2000. There were republicans who didn’t accept Obama because they said he wasn’t American. There are about a dozen videos of Hillary saying Trump wasn’t legitimate president. Trump then refused to accept he lost.

It’s a pathological extension of rabid tribalism and it’s becoming progressively worse each cycle…
yes that's true. Although if my recollection is correct the Supreme Court made a dodgy decision in 2000. I might be wrong on that. Happy to be corrected. Even though subsequent counts do seem to indicate that Bush would have won anyway? Is that right?

Reactions: Moxie and Kieran

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
yes that's true. Although if my recollection is correct the Supreme Court made a dodgy decision in 2000. I might be wrong on that. Happy to be corrected. Even though subsequent counts do seem to indicate that Bush would have won anyway? Is that right?
I don’t remember either but he ended up in the big house and yet about 17% of the country decided he wasn’t legit..

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Dodgy, indeed. So much so, they made a point of stating their ruling only applied to that election and was not to be used for future elections (“Our consideration is limited to the present circumstances.”)

Anyway, Gore won the popular vote:

IMG_3869.jpeg

When the counting was suspended, Bush won the vote in Florida by 537. (This is the count which was stopped because of the Supreme Court ruling.)

IMG_3870.jpeg

After a post-election recount, it was determined Gore won (his total vote count is shown below, on the left):

IMG_3871.jpeg

Reactions: Moxie and Federberg

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Nah .. nothing sad about that old evil ass man deteriorating before our eyes..Mitch the bitch gets zero sympathy from me and I know it's millions feel the same way..

• Haha
Reactions: Federberg

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
No Bush wouldn't have won ..Gore decided he didn't want to drag it out..Gore put Country before party or himself..Now he will be remember as the so called "Father" of the internet and the chump that let Bush steal the election without a real fight..( remember the FBI found numerous US postal mail trucks dumped in the swamps of Florida) .that wss a actually steal.. Remember who was the Governor of Florida at that time..Jeb the spineless brother of George W Bush

Reactions: Fiero425

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
No Bush wouldn't have won ..Gore decided he didn't want to drag it out..Gore put Country before party or himself..Now he will be remember as the so called "Father" of the internet and the chump that let Bush steal the election without a real fight..( remember the FBI found numerous US postal mail trucks dumped in the swamps of Florida) .that wss a actually steal.. Remember who was the Governor of Florida at that time..Jeb the spineless brother of George W Bush
I stand corrected. Thanks for the clarification. I do recall that one of the Supreme Court Justices at the time, a Republican leaning woman, admitted that her vote had been influenced by the fact that she wanted to retire but she didn't want a President Gore to replace her with a Democrat :facepalm:

tented

Administrator
Reactions
I stand corrected. Thanks for the clarification. I do recall that one of the Supreme Court Justices at the time, a Republican leaning woman, admitted that her vote had been influenced by the fact that she wanted to retire but she didn't want a President Gore to replace her with a Democrat :facepalm:
Yes, supposedly Sandra Day O’Connor was heard saying she wanted to retire, therefore needed Bush to win. She did retire while he was President.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
to my mind that's more corrupt than anything we know Clarence Thomas has done:face-with-symbols-on-mouth:
Unfortunately both sides want to stack the Supreme Court in America. It’s not about justice, it’s about cronyism and voting as your daddy did…

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Whatever people think of Trump, he's 100% right here. The left wing are pure scum and looking for mail in votes via lockdowns. They should be ashamed of themselves but of course they're not. Watch this before it's taken down. I really think there should be an age limit for presidents in the US or anywhere for that matter but it's pretty clear that Trump is far from senile unlike Biden despite the 3 year age difference.

• Angry
Reactions: Fiero425

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Whatever people think of Trump, he's 100% right here. The left wing are pure scum and looking for mail in votes via lockdowns. They should be ashamed of themselves but of course they're not. Watch this before it's taken down. I really think there should be an age limit for presidents in the US or anywhere for that matter but it's pretty clear that Trump is far from senile unlike Biden despite the 3 year age difference.

The 2024 election is going to have nothing to do with Covid, so you should relax.

I really don't understand what anyone should have against mail-in ballots. We've had them since forever. It's a way for people who are legitimate voters to vote even if they can't be at the polls on election day. They're also fairly hard to corrupt. You can only steal one at a time. If you're buying into the idea that the US voting system is that hackable, you shouldn't look to mail-in ballots.

As to your other, I don't think Biden is senile. I DO think that Trump is a self-interested sociopath who craves attention and power, and cares nothing for this country. The question of a top age-limit may be coming. But it will take time.

Last edited:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
to my mind that's more corrupt than anything we know Clarence Thomas has done:face-with-symbols-on-mouth:
The Supreme Court stopped the Florida count. They called it a judgement which wouldn't carry precedent, meaning a one-off, and yes, Sandra Day O'Connor did say she wanted Bush to win so she could retire. This was the beginning of the Supreme Court losing any sense of impartiality.

The media also had a hand. I can't remember the details, but Florida was declared for Bush, at some point, which made it an uphill fight for Gore. Realistically, Gore shouldn't have had to litigate for it. It was such an even split (as you can see) that neither should have been favored, as the votes were counted. And they should have been counted.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
The 2024 election is going to have nothing to do with Covid, so you should relax.

All post-Covid elections should make their ruling class and medical “experts” explain just exactly how and why they exercised their powers.
I DO think that Trump is a self-interested sociopath who craves attention and power, and cares nothing for this country.
And yet you prolly voted for Hillary who bypassed large swathes of the country in her pursuit for what she thought was hers by right?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mrzz World Affairs 2449
T World Affairs 13
britbox World Affairs 82
britbox World Affairs 1004
britbox World Affairs 46