US Politics Thread

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Fascinating night so far. Glad to see Boebert gone! Looks like the abortion issue has given Dems a boost. As a pro- small 'd' democrat I'm delighted at what I'm seeing. However the idea that immigrants are going to just blindly support democrats looks busted at this point. People don't come to the US to be told that boys are girls and girls are boys. Most of the rest of the world still has good old fashioned common sense :D

Reactions: Fiero425

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
Fascinating night so far. Glad to see Boebert gone! Looks like the abortion issue has given Dems a boost. As a pro- small 'd' democrat I'm delighted at what I'm seeing. However the idea that immigrants are going to just blindly support democrats looks busted at this point. People don't come to the US to be told that boys are girls and girls are boys. Most of the rest of the world still has good old fashioned common sense :D
You spoke too soon. Boebert is down by like 60 votes.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
For anyone concerned about the midterm elections, meditate a while on this terrible truth:

View attachment 7317
You choose a very odd champion. #Nazisympathizer #antiSemite. He was also a deeply pessimistic writer. Clearly, he pulled in with the idiots, because he thought they would win. If that's the way you want to run your life....

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
You choose a very odd champion. #Nazisympathizer #antiSemite. He was also a deeply pessimistic writer. Clearly, he pulled in with the idiots, because he thought they would win. If that's the way you want to run your life....
He’s not my champion, I never even heard of him. It’s a joke. If he was a democrat, you’d say he acquired himself well, no matter what he done. That’s how you run your life. Stop being prissy because your tribe are not doing as well as you’d like. Give up your tribe and think independently. You’ll be happier that way… :facepalm: :rolleyes:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
He’s not my champion, I never even heard of him. It’s a joke. If he was a democrat, you’d say he acquired himself well, no matter what he done. That’s how you run your life. Stop being prissy because your tribe are not doing as well as you’d like. Give up your tribe and think independently. You’ll be happier that way… :facepalm: :rolleyes:
Pretty dark, as jokes go, especially on election day (for us.) I don't see what's so funny about some smug git who thinks he much better than all the little jerks who vote. If you mean that the Dems didn't do as well as I'd have liked, you're wrong about that. They did much better than expected. If you believe that I am incapable of independent thought, I'm surprised you like me so well! :smooch:

Reactions: Fiero425

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Pretty dark, as jokes go, especially on election day (for us.) I don't see what's so funny about some smug git who thinks he much better than all the little jerks who vote. If you mean that the Dems didn't do as well as I'd have liked, you're wrong about that. They did much better than expected. If you believe that I am incapable of independent thought, I'm surprised you like me so well! :smooch:

The Dems have done better than expected since the majority of voters care more about party than country! 'You a rapists, child molester, or fraud? Come on; we'll vote for you if you have an "R" behind your name!" I was hoping to be long gone before the country fell this far! Women set themselves back 50 years and I have little to no sympathy for them! :astonished-face: :yawningface::thinking-face::zippermouthface:

Reactions: tented

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I don’t care about your election, so I’ll joke about it any way I want. And it’s a simple, non-partisan joke that plays on the idea that the majority is driven by a mob mentality. We can’t be so touchy that we get offended and defensive about a joke - especially that you, in rather poor taste, inferred that I was happy to champion a Nazi. I don’t care about that bloke, it was a joke and you knew that, you can take the joke in isolation from everything you know about the man and accept that I had posted it in good humour and faith, but this is unfortunately typical of bad faith politics today, so you didn’t. Usually you do better.

I don’t think politically that you’re an independent thinker, I think you’re loyal to your tribe and you buy unquestioningly whatever they’re selling. I prefer a more issues based approach, but we all have our biases, so it’s not the most unusual thing that can happen. It would be more unusual if you were like @Fiero425 and were biased towards Djokovic. Now that’s a something that I’d never understand…

• Haha
Reactions: Moxie

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

Out of interest, if you can define an Anti-Semite, can you define a Semite?

• Haha
Reactions: Kieran and Moxie

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Will trump get dealt his metaphorical Julius Caesar moment soon?
I've given up hoping mate. The Mexican thing on the escalator, mocking McCain, Charlottesville, upside down bible, January 6th... nothing has moved the needle. I think the politicians want to move on from him, but I don't think his base will move away from him. The politicians thought they could ride and tame the lion, now they're trapped on his back and can't get off it...

tented

Administrator
Reactions
^I'm not surprised. I don't know why she doesn't just come out with it and admit she's a Republican. Nothing wrong with it. But I've always had this problem with her. Her disingenuous critique of Democrats as if there weren't war mongering Republicans as well. Good luck to her. She's just shown she's just another politician in my view. I'm no Democrat but she's always rubbed me the wrong way for some reason!

Now she’s substituting for Tucker Carlson:

Tennis_Steve

Futures Player
Reactions
Will trump get dealt his metaphorical Julius Caesar moment soon?
And so it begins?

And

lol

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mrzz World Affairs 2449
T World Affairs 13
britbox World Affairs 82
britbox World Affairs 1004
britbox World Affairs 46