US Politics Thread

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
so more deaths related to this act of sedition. I can't help shaking my head at that absolute fucking moron that took a picture of himself sitting in Pelosi's office. What an absolutely dumb turd. There are black people who've been put in jail for decades because of petty crimes. If that fucker isn't put in jail for the rest of his sorry existence it'll be a travesty of justice. The era where white folk could commit whatever crimes they wanted with impunity has to be over. I hope the new AG throws the book at him. All those arseholes that were running around the Capitol as if they owned the place must be examples of a new era of what Trump has been tweeting about for the last year... LAW AND ORDER!!!
The shocking distinction between what happened in the summer with BLM protests and what happened on Wed. is not lost on the most people in the US or the world. That some guy could sit with his feet up in Nancy Pelosi's chair and feel himself immune to the consequences is not just astonishing, but a clear signal that while guys get treated differently in this country, and they know it.

A few thoughts:

* Trump has to be held accountable for his inciting of this riot. Pelosi is calling for 1) Pence and the cabinet can remove him citing the 25th Amendement, or 2) he gets impeached again. Either way, he should be removed. He certainly has to be sanctioned, and I hope the articles of impeachment that are being circulated include something about inciting sedition.

* Trump has said he won't attend the inauguration. This is not just declining to show up at a party. This is saying that he doesn't concede the election, which signals to his people. This is not a small thing. We're about to become that banana republic that has a President, and a President in exile. This is serious.

* I was listening to an expert on right-wing extremist groups today, and, when the interviewer mentioned "the failed coup attempt" of last Wed., he said, chillingly, "It hasn't failed yet." He said all of the next 12 days will be terrifying. I'm afraid he's right.

Reactions: Federberg

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
ah ha haaaa..mr donald permabanned from the twittersphere. :dance2: :drums:

as well of loads of other meeja platform bans. oof. encouraging insurrection and 5 people dead finally tipped stuff against him. way too late but finally it happened.

Reactions: Moxie

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
It occurs to me now that more people have died in this attack on a government building than at the last time this happened - Benghazi - that a question should be directed at a well known poster. Given that these actions were incited by DJT, whereas those in Benghazi were not directed by HRC... Can the poster at least concede that HRC is better than DJT?

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It occurs to me now that more people have died in this attack on a government building than at the last time this happened - Benghazi - that a question should be directed at a well known poster. Given that these actions were incited by DJT, whereas those in Benghazi were not directed by HRC... Can the poster at least concede that HRC is better than DJT?
That is such an interesting parallel. There was so much outrage over Benghazi on the part of some of those who really despised HRC, outsized outrage, IMO to directly blame the Secretary of State for a failure of security at one US Embassy. It would be interesting to see how much similar disgust and indignation would come from those same people, when it was Trump who directly incited this insurgent attack on the US Capitol, which resulted in 5 deaths.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
That is such an interesting parallel. There was so much outrage over Benghazi on the part of some of those who really despised HRC, outsized outrage, IMO to directly blame the Secretary of State for a failure of security at one US Embassy. It would be interesting to see how much similar disgust and indignation would come from those same people, when it was Trump who directly incited this insurgent attack on the US Capitol, which resulted in 5 deaths.

There’s a basic difference between these two events: one happened to a Democrat when Republicans controlled the Senate; the other happened to a Republican when Republicans controlled the Senate. HRC wouldn’t have gone through that ordeal if the Dems had been in charge when it happened.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
There’s a basic difference between these two events: one happened to a Democrat when Republicans controlled the Senate; the other happened to a Republican when Republicans controlled the Senate. HRC wouldn’t have gone through that ordeal if the Dems had been in charge when it happened.
That is a good point, as to why it became a political football. But it doesn't stop us asking friends who took that bait if they are not equally appalled, then, or more so, by Trump inciting insurrection, (shocking in and of itself,) and that event causing actual deaths.

Last edited:

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions

it's all starting to unravel. PGA votes to not use Trump's golf course. Major corporations are going to stop funding the likes of Cruz and Hawley. This is just starting and it's going to hurt. Insurrection is a step too far for any sane people. Watch out for the re-writing of history. Not sure it'll work this time. I'm waiting for the focus to turn to Fox News. They are fully complicit as well

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
For every sorry SOB doing 25-to-life for accessory to murder, not even of a cop, just because he s/he sat in the car on the wrong day, I hope that everyone who gets charged in this treasonous insurrection, also gets charged as an accessory to the murder of that police officer who died. They had cop-style handcuff ties, there were pipe bombs, molotov cocktails. If most of these people get charged with misdemeanor crap like "destruction of public property," then I don't know what.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Not good enough. He needs to be thrown out on his arse. Then he could never hold federal office again.
you and @Moxie called it. Looks like we'll have an impeachment. I was wrong thinking that accusations of politicking would have any currency in this moment. Sometimes right is right

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
it's all starting to unravel. PGA votes to not use Trump's golf course. Major corporations are going to stop funding the likes of Cruz and Hawley. This is just starting and it's going to hurt. Insurrection is a step too far for any sane people. Watch out for the re-writing of history. Not sure it'll work this time. I'm waiting for the focus to turn to Fox News. They are fully complicit as well
Yep. It's definitely hitting the fan now. There's a list of big businesses and banks pulling support from Trump and the GOP senators who were complicit.

You know you've gone a bit too far when Hallmark ask for it's donation back. :lulz1:

1610455047963.png

Reactions: Moxie and tented

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
you and @Moxie called it. Looks like we'll have an impeachment. I was wrong thinking that accusations of politicking would have any currency in this moment. Sometimes right is right
At this point it's not even about being right. It's what's necessary to insure and restore some kind of order. The premise behind this whole thing would be laughable if people hadn't died. And now one of the capital police has committed suicide bringing the death toll to 6. :mad:

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
For every sorry SOB doing 25-to-life for accessory to murder, not even of a cop, just because he s/he sat in the car on the wrong day, I hope that everyone who gets charged in this treasonous insurrection, also gets charged as an accessory to the murder of that police officer who died. They had cop-style handcuff ties, there were pipe bombs, molotov cocktails. If most of these people get charged with misdemeanor crap like "destruction of public property," then I don't know what.
Some of them will make deals for lesser charges if they give up the ring leaders. Somebody had to organize all of this and set it in motion. That's who the Feds want. The minions are small potatoes in comparison to the big fish.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
At this point it's not even about being right. It's what's necessary to insure and restore some kind of order. The premise behind this whole thing would be laughable if people hadn't died. And now one of the capital police has committed suicide bringing the death toll to 6. :mad:
oh wow! Any idea why he committed suicide? Was he complicit?

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I can't wait to hear the story about how this was allowed to happen. If it turns out that the delayed response to the request for reinforcement, and even the initially inadequate security protection was intentional that surely blow away any idea that this wasn't planned

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Some of them will make deals for lesser charges if they give up the ring leaders. Somebody had to organize all of this and set it in motion. That's who the Feds want. The minions are small potatoes in comparison to the big fish.
I don't suppose I literally mean every person who stormed the Capitol, but I do mean the big fish, whether they were ever near that cop or not. Anyone who gets charged with a serious crime in this, and there should be many of them, should also be charged as an accessory to murder, imo.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mrzz World Affairs 2449
T World Affairs 13
britbox World Affairs 82
britbox World Affairs 1004
britbox World Affairs 46