US Politics Thread

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
She was just the tip of the proverbial iceberg. I’ve lost count of the number of Karen videos I’ve seen over the past few months. They have been enabled to express their racist behavior by the current political climate, led by Trump.

But I agree with your assessment that this cannot all be blamed on him. This shit has been on the verge of boiling over for ages. Trump isn’t the sole source of the problem, but he absolutely has made all of these naked displays of racism seem OK. His actions have given them permission to air their hatred.
exactly. I see Trump as the flush that will get rid of all the sh1t. But there was lots of brown stuff floating around already

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
exactly. I see Trump as the flush that will get rid of all the sh1t. But there was lots of brown stuff floating around already
"I see Trump as the flush" ..isn't that what Hitler saw himself!

If you are referring to a possible Civil War. Then Let it be So..There are more people of color in the world that will side very quickly with the people of color in the US. Bring it On!

Last edited:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
She was just the tip of the proverbial iceberg. I’ve lost count of the number of Karen videos I’ve seen over the past few months. They have been enabled to express their racist behavior by the current political climate, led by Trump.

But I agree with your assessment that this cannot all be blamed on him. This shit has been on the verge of boiling over for ages. Trump isn’t the sole source of the problem, but he absolutely has made all of these naked displays of racism seem OK. His actions have given them permission to air their hatred.
But both of you are doing more harm by saying you can't blame it all on Trump..He currently has the biggest platform on the planet..He set off those terrorists who breached the Capitol. Yes, there will always be Racist, always be others who say they are being overlooked, blah blah blah when they live in a country where they are the majority without the threat of their Civil rights Ever being challenged. Trump isnt the sole cause but he has the platform to ignite those thugs, the rioters that took a big SHIT dump on the Capitol yesterday. Trump doesn't give a damn about his supporters, if he did he would have taken his punkass and his henchmen to lead the charge yesterday. The Republicans has gotten in bed with the Devil. Being a Republican doesn't mean you have to be a Trump sympathizer or supporter. The Republicans party let a fraud hijack their party by using the white supremacists and neo Nazis fassits to further divide a country that is scared because it's turning brown. Central Park Karen is a loser who needs to be in jail and her ass kicked. If you are a republican you have different political views than the Democratic Party. That doesn't make you a Racist. Trump is a racist bigoted narcissist who was a Democrat who saw an easier path to use the Republicans ticket to make his family Richer. Republicans are supposed to be conservative. Trump is a not a conservative but a con man who GRIFTS from those who feel that he can preseve their white privilege. Trump changed the conversative narrative to racism because it makes him stronger because he is willing to be their voice. Isn't that Hitler 2.0 ?

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
But both of you are doing more harm by saying you can't blame it all on Trump..He currently has the biggest platform on the planet..He set off those terrorists who breached the Capitol. Yes, there will always be Racist, always be others who say they are being overlooked, blah blah blah when they live in a country where they are the majority without the threat of their Civil rights Ever being challenged. Trump isnt the sole cause but he has the platform to ignite those thugs, the rioters that took a big SHIT dump on the Capitol yesterday. Trump doesn't give a damn about his supporters, if he did he would have taken his punkass and his henchmen to lead the charge yesterday. The Republicans has gotten in bed with the Devil. Being a Republican doesn't mean you have to be a Trump sympathizer or supporter. The Republicans party let a fraud hijack their party by using the white supremacists and neo Nazis fassits to further divide a country that is scared because it's turning brown. Central Park Karen is a loser who needs to be in jail and her ass kicked. If you are a republican you have different political views than the Democratic Party. That doesn't make you a Racist. Trump is a racist bigoted narcissist who was a Democrat who saw an easier path to use the Republicans ticket to make his family Richer. Republicans are supposed to be conservative. Trump is a not a conservative but a con man who GRIFTS from those who feel that he can preseve their white privilege. Trump changed the conversative narrative to racism because it makes him stronger because he is willing to be their voice. Isn't that Hitler 2.0 ?
I always found that type of thinking to be wrong. Let's not over estimate Trump. The man was/is monumentally incompetent. He's gained purchase because smarter people saw an advantage to using him. I worry more about the precedent he's set than the man himself. It's when I think of the likes of Tom Cotton or Ted Cruz profiting from the doors that have been opened that I break out in a cold sweat.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
But both of you are doing more harm by saying you can't blame it all on Trump..He currently has the biggest platform on the planet..He set off those terrorists who breached the Capitol. Yes, there will always be Racist, always be others who say they are being overlooked, blah blah blah when they live in a country where they are the majority without the threat of their Civil rights Ever being challenged. Trump isnt the sole cause but he has the platform to ignite those thugs, the rioters that took a big SHIT dump on the Capitol yesterday.
You contradict yourself with those two bolded sentences. The second one is essentially how I interpret things: Trump isn’t the sole cause, but he is the igniter (not the uniter). He has activated the racism and hatred within likeminded people, allowing them to express what they used to think they couldn’t express publicly.

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
so donald the angry orange got a 2wk farcebook/insta ban !..oh it's all gone quiet over there..

but only a 24hr ban from the twitter machine ?..first few new tweets should be interesting.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
You contradict yourself with those two bolded sentences. The second one is essentially how I interpret things: Trump isn’t the sole cause, but he is the igniter (not the uniter). He has activated the racism and hatred within likeminded people, allowing them to express what they used to think they couldn’t express publicly.
No. Not really. It's not a contradiction. I don't see what's the point to lessen any of the blame on Trump. Donald Jr, Rudy, Ted and Hawley plus the rest of the Senators who keep promoting the ridiculous conspiracy theories all have blood on their hands. Yes you are entitled to how you want to interpret things.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I always found that type of thinking to be wrong. Let's not over estimate Trump. The man was/is monumentally incompetent. He's gained purchase because smarter people saw an advantage to using him. I worry more about the precedent he's set than the man himself. It's when I think of the likes of Tom Cotton or Ted Cruz profiting from the doors that have been opened that I break out in a cold sweat.
If they are so Smarter than Trump, how did he orchestrate a mob and tried to have the entire leadership of Congress assignated.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I'm hearing that right wing media is already claiming the seditionists were actually Antifa. wow.. just wow! It actually got me wondering where our usual suspects are on the forum. They've been very quiet. I would have expected to hear the Antifa deflection here as well..

Reactions: Moxie

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
It's funny but I feel as much concern for Biden's safety on inauguration day as I did in Jan 2009 for Obama. The Secret Service need to tighten up security big time over the next few weeks. The fact I'm even concerned about this makes me shake with fury. Something needs to be done about Trump. And his Congressional enablers. Obviously we need to wait a few weeks for Trump but Cruz and Hawley and their co-conspirators should be prosecuted

Reactions: tented

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It's funny but I feel as much concern for Biden's safety on inauguration day as I did in Jan 2009 for Obama. The Secret Service need to tighten up security big time over the next few weeks. The fact I'm even concerned about this makes me shake with fury. Something needs to be done about Trump. And his Congressional enablers. Obviously we need to wait a few weeks for Trump but Cruz and Hawley and their co-conspirators should be prosecuted
Sadly, I was thinking the same thing. I had been wondering about the inauguration in COVID, but now I don't know how they're going to manage security.

Another frightening thing is how real the possibility is that the Capitol police, at the very least, were actually sympathetic enough with the insurgents that they let them in, which they did, and went very easy on them, which they also did. Serious people are even talking about the possibility that they (or some) were a "Fifth Column" and actually in on the plot. They were basically treated like a group of tourists coming for the tour.

Reactions: Federberg

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Sadly, I was thinking the same thing. I had been wondering about the inauguration in COVID, but now I don't know how they're going to manage security.

Another frightening thing is how real the possibility is that the Capitol police, at the very least, were actually sympathetic enough with the insurgents that they let them in, which they did, and went very easy on them, which they also did. Serious people are even talking about the possibility that they (or some) were a "Fifth Column" and actually in on the plot. They were basically treated like a group of tourists coming for the tour.
To be honest I would look strangely at anyone who doesn't suspect the complicity of the Capitol Police. It needs to be investigated and heads need to roll. In fact I'm a bit surprised that the head of the Capitol Police hasn't been forced to resign already

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Yesterday Everyone saw the BEAST lead thousand of domestic terrorists to the most hallow political place on Earth for Democracy. Now everyone is talking about how they are disgusted because the blalant display of hypocrisy regarding white privilege. As I said before Trump is pure EVIL but he was tolerated by those who coveted his crusade to preserve their white entitlement. This began with the birther strategy and presently leading the Republicans to delegitimizing the black vote in every state where Trump lost. What a GRIFT.View attachment 4301
We've discussed this flag and its symbolism in this thread. This photo should disturb, and I appreciate your posting it. Even during the Civil War, the Battle Flag of the Confederacy never made it into the Capitol.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions

Not to worry. They won’t go after Joe. They dislike him, but they dislike Kamala even more. You really think any supremacist wants to see a black woman running the country?
giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Not to worry. They won’t go after Joe. They dislike him, but they dislike Kamala even more. You really think any supremacist wants to see a black woman running the country?
giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I seem to recall that these folks have as much hate for **** lovers as *****. But I hope you're right..

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Looks like the head of the Capitol police lost his job over this. Rightly so!

Reactions: tented

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
so more deaths related to this act of sedition. I can't help shaking my head at that absolute fucking moron that took a picture of himself sitting in Pelosi's office. What an absolutely dumb turd. There are black people who've been put in jail for decades because of petty crimes. If that fucker isn't put in jail for the rest of his sorry existence it'll be a travesty of justice. The era where white folk could commit whatever crimes they wanted with impunity has to be over. I hope the new AG throws the book at him. All those arseholes that were running around the Capitol as if they owned the place must be examples of a new era of what Trump has been tweeting about for the last year... LAW AND ORDER!!!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mrzz World Affairs 2449
T World Affairs 13
britbox World Affairs 82
britbox World Affairs 1004
britbox World Affairs 46