Administrator
Reactions
283D0E7E-825F-4AE3-AF0A-7C49F6F6771F.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Moxie

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
yup.. multiple news outlets saying this now.. CNN, Sky New, BBC...

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
It's interesting.. the FT has Biden at 284 now. I guess they were one of the early ones for Arizona

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Fox News has also called it, and they have Biden at 290

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Biden is speaking in 40 minutes. It would be correct for Trump to concede before, but everyone knows he won't. That's too bad. Everything he does is contradictory to precedent, and he doesn't care. He certainly doesn't care that it would be useful for the country if he conceded and called for unity.

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Biden is speaking in 40 minutes. It would be correct for Trump to concede before, but everyone knows he won't. That's too bad. Everything he does is contradictory to precedent, and he doesn't care. He certainly doesn't care that it would be useful for the country if he conceded and called for unity.

This is what it will come to, i'm afraid.
124200365_1493705960814320_100887663690723705_o.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Moxie and Federberg

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Mox, Greetings from Australia. Just watching the images on a sunday arvo news program of so many jubilant, celebrating americans. I feel for americans as it's been an awful four years, let alone this year.

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Oh yeah i have a question:

Isn't there some kind of American law in place where a leader is found to be mentally challenged (not in possession of their faculties) that some one in his party can serve out the remaining 2.5 months? Vice President Pence could serve the out the term, surely?

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

Isn't there some kind of American law in place where a leader is found to be mentally challenged (not in possession of their faculties) that some one in his party can serve out the remaining 2.5 months? Vice President Pence could serve the out the term, surely?
Yes. The 25th Amendment to our Constitution. Many people have been exploring that option for most of the past 4 years.

Reactions: Vince Evert

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions

The 25th amendment would actually be easier to prove than the voter fraud they're alleging.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
The next couple of months will be fascinating. Who knows what Trump will try. Just listening to the Mooch on the BBC saying that he thinks the lawsuits are actually a grift. Once the Trump campaign is able to raise enough money pay off their debts and fill their pockets the nonsense will die down. Still who knows what Trump, feeling like a loser, will be prepared to do to sabotage a Biden Administration.

I'm actually far more interested to see how a Biden Administration will handle the left on one side and a likely Republican Senate on the other. If the rumours are right it sounds like Biden intends on bringing people like Kasich into his Administration. As a neutral observer I think this is a fantastic idea, but I can only imagine that the AOC's of this world will hate it. The left needs to wake up, and wake up quickly. Trumpism is real. That's absolutely clear. It is also abundantly clear that the country as a whole does not want a leftward tilt to policy. They sacked Trump because he's an incompetent asshole, but they put Republicans back in Congress. They need to absorb that message and try to work incrementally to achieve their aims. I listened to a fascinating Republican activist who believes in climate change a few months ago. The left has to reach out to guys like that. He has different ideas about how to get to climate solutions. It might not be the way the left wants it, but if they truly sincerely want to solve problems then they might need to concede on methodology if it helps them achieve their larger intent

Reactions: tented

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I watched "Social Dilemma" at the weekend. It's a fascinating look at how social media has impacted society (for the better and the worse). The section where they explored tribalism reminded me of this thread and the last few years in US Politics, Brexit etc... A must watch, for awareness and self-awareness.

Reactions: tented

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Here's a funny but true video that talks about voter fraud:

This is very funny, and very true. Voter fraud is very complicated to do, and every version of it is a federal crime.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
This is very funny, and very true. Voter fraud is very complicated to do, and every version of it is a federal crime.
If that wasn't enough for you, 60 minutes did an expose last night where they followed the Pennsylvania officials around for a week asking about the validity of mail in ballots. It's very balanced and overall a good piece of news.

Reactions: tented and Moxie
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mrzz World Affairs 2449
T World Affairs 13
britbox World Affairs 82
britbox World Affairs 1004
britbox World Affairs 46