US Politics Thread

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I'm genuinely intrigued. What suspicious voting patterns?

It seems to me the GOP is hoist on it's own petard. It's GOP legislatures that have forced the count to be this way. Some of them were even brash enough to give us reasons why. It would give space to GOP candidates to better challenge results that go against them. FFS.. it's not that hard to start counting before election day if you have large numbers voting early :facepalm:

Dead people voting might raise a few suspicions.

I did turn off the coverage earlier this afternoon after bursting out laughing when the founder of the Trafalgar Group (polling group) came on the TV. I thought that somebody must be scripting this whole charade and rolling around in hysterics at the public reaction. Kind of appealed to my sense of humour, to be honest.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I'm not sure what this means, it's a genuine question, but are you saying that having to have an ID in order to vote is a form of disenfranchisement? Am I understanding that correctly? If I am, how does that work? Surely everyone can get an ID? Is it more difficult for some people than others? And without an ID, how do can the polling station allow them to vote? Surely they need to prove they are who they say they are?

Again, genuine questions, I might be completely misunderstanding, because obviously voter ID is required in every election and referendum in Ireland. In fact, not having an ID would be disenfranchising, because without it, you can't vote...
We have no federally issued ID here, so getting ID costs money. A lot of people don't have ID here, and they are disproportionately poor and minority. It was long used in the South to disenfranchise Black people. Same as a literacy test. The Voting Rights Act changed much of that, in the 60s, but the Supreme Court recently rolled it back, sadly.

Reactions: Kieran

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
We have no federally issued ID here, so getting ID costs money. A lot of people don't have ID here, and they are disproportionately poor and minority. It was long used in the South to disenfranchise Black people. Same as a literacy test. The Voting Rights Act changed much of that, in the 60s, but the Supreme Court recently rolled it back, sadly.
Okay, thanks! What qualifies as ID? How much does it cost? You'd need ID for many things, right?

And how do polling stations guard against voter fraud if somebody wants to vote, without identifying themselves?

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Dead people voting might raise a few suspicions.

I did turn off the coverage earlier this afternoon after bursting out laughing when the founder of the Trafalgar Group (polling group) came on the TV. I thought that somebody must be scripting this whole charade and rolling around in hysterics at the public reaction. Kind of appealed to my sense of humour, to be honest.
dead people? Is this something that's been happening en masse? I recall reading something about a Trump supporter who tried to vote on behalf of his dead mother as well. I assume you're talking about some organised Dem plot? Do you have a link? Please please not one of the tinfoil hat websites. Something a neutral won't get a rash touching would be nice ;)

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
dead people? Is this something that's been happening en masse? I recall reading something about a Trump supporter who tried to vote on behalf of his dead mother as well. I assume you're talking about some organised Dem plot? Do you have a link? Please please not one of the tinfoil hat websites. Something a neutral won't get a rash touching would be nice ;)
Presumably you are referring to the United Nations and World Economic Forum websites as "tinfoil hat websites".... Never mind pal, keep watching Chris Cuomo on CNN - I'm sure Fredo will tell you everything you need to know. Peace.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

One of the dumbest posts in the history of this board right here. Getting an ID doesn’t “cost money” - if you mean something more than two lunches at McDonald’s combined with a coffee at Starbucks. Getting a driver’s license in most states is no more than $30. Moxie is trying to make it sound like an ID is a privilege of the rich. That is utterly absurd.

All you have to do to have valid government ID for an election is find 1 day every 4 years to roll out of bed and drive to your local department of transportation facility and sit in line for an hour. It says a lot about how little Moxie thinks of her own party’s constituents that she can’t expect them to do that once every 4 years. It’s pathetic frankly. (And would she call all the Biden-supporting banks in America “racist” for requiring an ID to open an account?) But she is right about one thing - the more that drug addicts, felons, stupid 19-year-olds, and other low-information fools vote, the more it helps her party. That’s why she hates voter ID laws.

And the main reason that many minorities, particularly blacks, are “poor” is that dumbass white Democrats like Moxie in conjunction with race-hustling black leftists have been running major cities with their ideas for years. And the result is non-stop failure.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Britbox - you wanted firm evidence of the voter fraud in Michigan. Here you go - a ballot count watcher saying she saw 130,000 Biden ballots delivered in the middle of the night in Detroit. That’s what gave him the lead. Trump should fight the count in Michigan and take it straight to the Supreme Court if necessary:

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Presumably you are referring to the United Nations and World Economic Forum websites as "tinfoil hat websites".... Never mind pal, keep watching Chris Cuomo on CNN - I'm sure Fredo will tell you everything you need to know. Peace.
The UN and World Economic Forum are talking about the US elections then? :face-with-tears-of-joy:

PS, given time zones, the only time I actually see folks like Lemon, Cuomo and Cooper are on youtube. Just saying ;)

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Trump won Michigan and Whitmer used Covid as the pretext to pull off the fraud. Trump needs to fight this in court and refuse to concede because he won Michigan comfortably without Whitmer’s cheating:

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Democrats in Philly hard at work manufacturing, harvesting, and stealing ballots and hiding what they’re doing. Trying to imitate their allies in Detroit:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
One of the dumbest posts in the history of this board right here. Getting an ID doesn’t “cost money” - if you mean something more than two lunches at McDonald’s combined with a coffee at Starbucks. Getting a driver’s license in most states is no more than $30. Moxie is trying to make it sound like an ID is a privilege of the rich. That is utterly absurd.

All you have to do to have valid government ID for an election is find 1 day every 4 years to roll out of bed and drive to your local department of transportation facility and sit in line for an hour. It says a lot about how little Moxie thinks of her own party’s constituents that she can’t expect them to do that once every 4 years. It’s pathetic frankly. (And would she call all the Biden-supporting banks in America “racist” for requiring an ID to open an account?) But she is right about one thing - the more that drug addicts, felons, stupid 19-year-olds, and other low-information fools vote, the more it helps her party. That’s why she hates voter ID laws.

And the main reason that many minorities, particularly blacks, are “poor” is that dumbass white Democrats like Moxie in conjunction with race-hustling black leftists have been running major cities with their ideas for years. And the result is non-stop failure.
You know nothing about it. Some people also need to first get a copy of their birth certificates which also costs money, and there has been such a thing as keeping these government office hours limited to inconvenient times and inconveniently located for people of limited means. Either you are really ignorant of this phenomenon, or willfully ignore it.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
You know nothing about it. Some people also need to first get a copy of their birth certificates which also costs money, and there has been such a thing as keeping these government office hours limited to inconvenient times and inconveniently located for people of limited means. Either you are really ignorant of this phenomenon, or willfully ignore it.

What does this mean, “office hours limited to inconvenient times and inconveniently located for people of limited means?”

In places where you don’t need ID to vote, how do polling stations know that you are who you claim to be? Surely some form of ID is essential?

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
What does this mean, “office hours limited to inconvenient times and inconveniently located for people of limited means?”

In places where you don’t need ID to vote, how do polling stations know that you are who you claim to be? Surely some form of ID is essential?
Here is an example, and it's not the only one:

Texas has no driver's license offices in almost a third of the state's counties. Meanwhile, close to 15 percent of Hispanic Texans living in counties without driver's license offices don't have ID. A little less than a quarter of driver's license offices have extended hours, which would make it tough for many working voters to find a place and time to acquire the IDs. Despite this, the Texas legislature struck an amendment that would have reimbursed low-income voters for travel expenses when going to apply for a voter ID, and killed another that would have required offices to remain open until 7:00 p.m. or later on just one weekday, and four or more hours at least two weekends.
I can provide more examples, but I hope you get the idea. It's fairly pervasive across the south and southwest, in particular.

As to how you prove who you are? Your signature is recorded and compared against that when you sign in. In NY, it used to be a book until recently. Now it's an iPad.

I know it's weird for a lot of Europeans that we don't have federally issued IDs. If you are stopped here, and are not driving, you are not required to produce ID. The only federally issued ID is a passport, and we are not required to have one.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

Lol.....inconvenient? We are talking about 1 day every 4 fucking years (and some states allow licenses to last for 8 years). It’s also a pain in the ass to apply for a job nowadays. Applications can take over 5 hours. Should we eliminate job applications too? And now we can’t expect American citizens to be big boys and girls to go get a driver’s license?

That is utterly laughable.

I’m still waiting on you to say that banks are “racist” for requiring people to have ID to cash checks and open accounts. One you say that, I will at least grant that you are being consistent (consistently silly, but consistent nonetheless).

I look forward to your condemnation of banks for “ID racism.”

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

I can provide more examples, but I hope you get the idea. It's fairly pervasive across the south and southwest, in particular.

As to how you prove who you are? Your signature is recorded and compared against that when you sign in. In NY, it used to be a book until recently. Now it's an iPad.

I know it's weird for a lot of Europeans that we don't have federally issued IDs. If you are stopped here, and are not driving, you are not required to produce ID. The only federally issued ID is a passport, and we are not required to have one.

Kieran, don’t buy this garbage from Moxie for a second. She is being completely dishonest about her actual agenda, just like her Democratic comrades who just cheated massively in Detroit and Milwaukee to try and steal two states from Trump (and who are also cheating massively in Philadelphia at the moment).

The voter ID silliness from Moxie is nothing more than a power grab for the Democratic Party. She, like most Democrats, believes in her heart of hearts that if they can get everyone (including people who are apolitical and disinclined to politics) to vote, they will win, especially under current circumstances when they control the media propaganda machines. And that is one thing I will agree with Moxie on. She is right about that. The more that Democrats aggressively dredge up apolitical and low-information voters through sleazy tactics, the more it helps them in elections.

You see, this is the tell-all: for Moxie it is not enough to tell people where they can get the needed ID to vote. What she wants is aggressive mobilization and prodding of an electorate that she believes will vote for the left. It’s not enough to say “here is where you get your ID and this is when you have to vote by.” No. She wants people to be coaxed and indeed coached into voting Democrat through mass mobilization efforts. That is exactly what Democrats have done in most major cities (as we have seen this week with the mass fraud in Milwaukee, Detroit, and Philadelphia) and that’s what Moxie wants the Democrats to be able to do in more parts of America too.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
No voter ID + mail-in ballots + banning Republican poll watchers, and this is what you get: Democrat-benefitting fraud. And that’s why Moxie loves it:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Kieran, don’t buy this garbage from Moxie for a second. She is being completely dishonest about her actual agenda, just like her Democratic comrades who just cheated massively in Detroit and Milwaukee to try and steal two states from Trump (and who are also cheating massively in Philadelphia at the moment).

The voter ID silliness from Moxie is nothing more than a power grab for the Democratic Party. She, like most Democrats, believes in her heart of hearts that if they can get everyone (including people who are apolitical and disinclined to politics) to vote, they will win, especially under current circumstances when they control the media propaganda machines. And that is one thing I will agree with Moxie on. She is right about that. The more that Democrats aggressively dredge up apolitical and low-information voters through sleazy tactics, the more it helps them in elections.

You see, this is the tell-all: for Moxie it is not enough to tell people where they can get the needed ID to vote. What she wants is aggressive mobilization and prodding of an electorate that she believes will vote for the left. It’s not enough to say “here is where you get your ID and this is when you have to vote by.” No. She wants people to be coaxed and indeed coached into voting Democrat through mass mobilization efforts. That is exactly what Democrats have done in most major cities (as we have seen this week with the mass fraud in Milwaukee, Detroit, and Philadelphia) and that’s what Moxie wants the Democrats to be able to do in more parts of America too.
I know, right?! That sad and sick conspiracy from the Democrats to give everyone the vote! So nefarious! Because we all know that if everyone votes, the Republicans lose. Even Trump said it out loud. So, fair enough...Republicans suppress the vote, disenfranchise entire groups to help their own cause. I totally see why that's fair. Love and war, etc. To hell with democracy, I guess.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Haven’t seen so much whining! If Dems were cheating they’ve done a darn poor job of it. They somehow forgot to cheat their way to winning Congressional seats but did the dirty to a President who’s never had a 50% approval rating?? Come on people...

Reactions: Moxie and tented

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions

It’s very different, so it’s difficult for me to understand how it works, on a practical level. But just a glance at Texas voters website shows they allow 1 of 7 acceptable forms of ID - and “if you do not possess and cannot reasonably obtain one of these acceptable forms of ID”, there are 6 other forms of ID acceptable, including utility bills. In this, they seem to be making every effort to give people a shot at voting.

Attachments

• A165707C-94A0-442C-B693-21C65F0DAC84.png
    A165707C-94A0-442C-B693-21C65F0DAC84.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 76

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
All this talk about voter fraud with mail in ballots is hogwash. I’ve been absentee balloting since 2008. Twice I remember watching the returns from Italian hotels. I vote by mail because it gives me the opportunity to research the judges or a proposal before casting my vote. Instead of blindly choosing to retain a judge I’m not familiar with. Even though it's not necessary, I get my ballot notarized by my bank for free. My vote should count as long as it is postmarked by the appropriate date. FYI, for people who don't know, all domestic ballots are delivered by USPS priority mail which usually takes 3 business days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Moxie and tented
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mrzz World Affairs 2449
T World Affairs 13
britbox World Affairs 82
britbox World Affairs 1004
britbox World Affairs 46