US Politics Thread

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
this is James O'keefe's project veritas right? The guy who is basically a baby Roger Stone. Thanks I'll take it under advisement :face-with-tears-of-joy:
As per usual, address the content rather than the messenger. But you won't have enough time... enough said.

CNN Headline Harvesting is the future of journalism, right?

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
As per usual, address the content rather than the messenger. But you won't have enough time... enough said.

CNN Headline Harvesting is the future of journalism, right?
Well lets start with the fact you dismiss media outlets you disagree with, so I’m not sure why you have an issue when I choose to do the same. But frankly if the article was widely corroborated I would give it my time.

those of us who still believe in science and truth are at a distinct disadvantage because we generally tend to give time to these articles for the sake of debate. Well for my part I accept the fact that you see what truth you want to see so why go into a lengthy debate about it. I don’t really see we have much of a factual baseline anymore. It is what it is

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Well lets start with the fact you dismiss media outlets you disagree with, so I’m not sure why you have an issue when I choose to do the same. But frankly if the article was widely corroborated I would give it my time.

those of us who still believe in science and truth are at a distinct disadvantage because we generally tend to give time to these articles for the sake of debate. Well for my part I accept the fact that you see what truth you want to see so why go into a lengthy debate about it. I don’t really see we have much of a factual baseline anymore. It is what it is

Federberg - read your own article.

The sources are unnamed.

Biden's son is not denying the authenticity of the emails.

Now... you claim to be "stunned". Presumably you are not stunned by the actual emails, but the fact that a political opponent has tried to dig up some dirt.

So, tell me this...

Is digging up dirt on a political opponent a new revelation? (By the way, I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if Guliani did source that information in the manner outlined - but what's so stunning about it?). You never seemed particularly stunned by other unverified leaks, in fact you feasted on them. What's with the 180 turn?

Are the emails authentic? That's the real story, not who leaked them.

Most mainstream media outlets are sourced back to a small cabal of powerful owners with an agenda. Yes, I retain a healthy skepticism about them, because they flood the outlets with narratives.

If you recall, we had a discussion about Wikileaks years ago. I liked Wikileaks because it gave the raw data as opposed to information baked in narrative and agenda. Losing control of the accepted "truth" isn't something they can countenance and explains why Assange was so feared.

CNN aren't the truth - or even journalists for the most part, they are political activists. Ditto most major MSM. Yes, including Fox and The Murdoch media. Now we can add Big Tech to the list. Regardless of what political persuasion you are, surely you can see this?

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Amazing how the media are covering for the Biden family. They were engaged in money laundering and massive under-the-table business arrangements with foreign officials. They did everything the Democrats accused the Trump family of doing with Russia. And Trump got impeached for simply pointing out the Bidens’ misdeeds. He did nothing wrong except touch a sensitive topic for the Democratic leadership.

Both of Hunter Biden’s main business associates (Devon Archer and Bevan Cooney) are convicted felons. Hunter is the only 1 of the 3 who is not. Now another one of the Bidens’ associates is coming clean. Tony Bobulinski:

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
For Biden to blame the Democratic states shutting down on Trump is the most disingenuous and illogical assertion imaginable. Democratic governors have been the ones shutting down their own economies. It makes no sense to blame Trump for the actions of Democratic governors. Trump does not have power over them.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Joe Biden saying that “climate change” is an existential crisis is laughably stupid. The only way in which pollution is a serious issue is that many Asian countries, particularly China, don’t have any regard for international standards. Focusing on plastic straws in Seattle is utterly trivial and meaningless when China is dumping massive amounts of chemicals and waste in rivers (among other environment-destroying activities).

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Props to the moderator. She was of course favorable toward Biden and most of her questions were slanted against Trump, but she did a far better job than most of her cretinous colleagues ever would. She was as balanced as it would be possible for a Democratic journalist to be.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Federberg - read your own article.

The sources are unnamed.

Biden's son is not denying the authenticity of the emails.

Now... you claim to be "stunned". Presumably you are not stunned by the actual emails, but the fact that a political opponent has tried to dig up some dirt.

So, tell me this...

Is digging up dirt on a political opponent a new revelation? (By the way, I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if Guliani did source that information in the manner outlined - but what's so stunning about it?). You never seemed particularly stunned by other unverified leaks, in fact you feasted on them. What's with the 180 turn?

Are the emails authentic? That's the real story, not who leaked them.

Most mainstream media outlets are sourced back to a small cabal of powerful owners with an agenda. Yes, I retain a healthy skepticism about them, because they flood the outlets with narratives.

If you recall, we had a discussion about Wikileaks years ago. I liked Wikileaks because it gave the raw data as opposed to information baked in narrative and agenda. Losing control of the accepted "truth" isn't something they can countenance and explains why Assange was so feared.

CNN aren't the truth - or even journalists for the most part, they are political activists. Ditto most major MSM. Yes, including Fox and The Murdoch media. Now we can add Big Tech to the list. Regardless of what political persuasion you are, surely you can see this?
I really hoping you're joking mate. You haven't lost your ability to sense sarcasm have you? :D

I find this whole thing laughable to be honest. If this is the worst that Team Trump has come up with then Biden is pretty clean. There was clearly a nepotism issue with Hunter getting those directorships, but let's get real... compared to what Team Trump are doing this is a joke! It's such outrageous projection I just start laughing when I hear about this. As for the rest... I'm not going down that sinkhole talking about media and conspiracy with you mate. It's really not my thing.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Cali, how much faith do you really hold in Donald Trump? Do you think he's fighting for the Republic and all this QAnon stuff has any merit? Really?
I don't know for sure but my gut instinct is that both parties are cheeks of the same arse and Trump is just playing a role in a giant deception.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Cali, how much faith do you really hold in Donald Trump? Do you think he's fighting for the Republic and all this QAnon stuff has any merit? Really?
I don't know for sure but my gut instinct is that both parties are cheeks of the same arse and Trump is just playing a role in a giant deception.

I haven't looked into the QAnon stuff but I do definitely see Trump as a genuinely anti-establishment figure. He is loathed not just by the Democratic Party but by the major government agencies, large numbers of military generals, 90% of the media, and the big tech companies. Those enemies of Trump I just listed are not faking their hatred for Trump in some "giant deception." They do genuinely hate him, and most of the government that he officially heads hates him and is working to undercut him.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I haven't looked into the QAnon stuff but I do definitely see Trump as a genuinely anti-establishment figure. He is loathed not just by the Democratic Party but by the major government agencies, large numbers of military generals, 90% of the media, and the big tech companies. Those enemies of Trump I just listed are not faking their hatred for Trump in some "giant deception." They do genuinely hate him, and most of the government that he officially heads hates him and is working to undercut him.
I don't expect them to like him much, but it's fairly clear that there is a global takedown of the US going on. Question is whether Trump is against it or part of it.

Either way, it'll be a whole new world. Look on the WEF website for the general prospectus. Some good ideas, some pretty frightening. It's not a conspiracy theory as all parties are singing the same song... WEF, IMF, World Bank, EU, UK and Commonwealth, The UN...

On the face of it, Trump seems to be the last major leader against. Genuinely or a Trojan horse? Who knows?

The Geopolitics is fascinating.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
For everyone mouthing the fact-free, idiotic cliche that "Trump did not listen to the scientists (i.e. Fauci) in the spring," not only are you totally wrong, but I wish you were right because the U.S. would have been much better off if it had never locked down.

At any rate, this is what Fauci said right in mid-April to an intensely anti-Trump CBS reporter. He made it clear that every time he and Birx had gone to Trump with a major recommendation for mitigation, Trump accommodated it. And Fauci was unambiguous in explaining this:

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
it's extraordinary how stable polls have remained. I really expected things to tighten up going into the final days. But there's still not much evidence of tightening. Given that the national polls ended up being within 1% of the actual election numbers, if that's the case this time Biden is likely to have a national lead of 7 - 8%. Hard to see how the magic works for Trump this time, but it's still possible. But the turn out numbers so far have been so extreme it's really hard to imagine. Particularly as the analysis indicates that the vast majority of early voters have been Democrats. I think the Giuliani, Hunter Biden computer thing was supposed to be this years 'Comey' moment. I think they miscalculated though. What made Comey so potent was his credibility and perceived impartiality. I'm going to have my popcorn ready a week from now, but I find it increasingly hard to believe that the polls won't turn out right this time. The outcome in Florida is probably all we need as confirmation

Reactions: Moxie

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
it's extraordinary how stable polls have remained. I really expected things to tighten up going into the final days. But there's still not much evidence of tightening. Given that the national polls ended up being within 1% of the actual election numbers, if that's the case this time Biden is likely to have a national lead of 7 - 8%. Hard to see how the magic works for Trump this time, but it's still possible. But the turn out numbers so far have been so extreme it's really hard to imagine. Particularly as the analysis indicates that the vast majority of early voters have been Democrats. I think the Giuliani, Hunter Biden computer thing was supposed to be this years 'Comey' moment.

What’s on the laptop is all true. Hunter Biden engaged in a massive money laundering scheme using his dad’s name and also FaceTimed naked with his 14-year-old female relative. The Bidens have not denied the validity of any of it because it is real.

Hunter Biden signed the drop slip at the repair shop in Delaware. It’s his laptop. Yes he was the one smoking crack in the videos.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The Bobulinksi interview with Tucker Carlson was remarkable tonight. My main take-away is that it's amazing the high-level Democrats got away with smearing Trump as a colluder with Russia when the Bidens were cutting deals with Chinese state-owned companies that were engaged in business with Putin and trying to buy large shares of Russian government entities.

Quite rich to be making that accusation against Trump when that's what they were doing.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
While the Republicans got an excellent justice to the Supreme Court to replace the completely overrated Ginzer, this is what the Democratic Party has been facilitating and encouraging. Mass looting in Philadelphia:

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Interesting video here making the case that Trump will win Pennsylvania, although I am not convinced because I think the Democratic governor and the Philadelphia-area Democrats are dead-set on committing massive fraud. Were it not for that, I would be more confident that the mass enthusiasm for Trump in many parts of Pennsylvania will translate into a victory in the state:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mrzz World Affairs 2449
T World Affairs 13
britbox World Affairs 82
britbox World Affairs 1004
britbox World Affairs 46