US Politics Thread

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Wow... so some of these right wing militia groups actually tried to kidnap the Governor of Michigan?? But oh yeah... it's antifa and BLM that are the real problem. Gimme a fucking break...

You’re a fucking moronic saphead. The individual who plotted to capture Whitmer was an anti-Trump self-described anarchist. There is not a CNN lie that you won’t believe. Really and truly.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Cali, you're back. Anything to say about the Trump v. Biden debate, or the fact that Trump got Covid?

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Cali, you're back. Anything to say about the Trump v. Biden debate, or the fact that Trump got Covid?

Lol.....I already addressed the debate and your repetition of the CNN talking points about it. But regarding Trump getting Covid, I’m glad it happened because it showed everyone how weak a disease Covid is in most cases. Democrats by the millions were hoping that he would die and then within 48 hours he was already out of Walter Reed and feeling fine. It was an excellent lesson in how trivial and overstated the disease is.

But, allow me to ask, what do you think of the WHO coming out today to say that lockdowns are a bad idea (advocating my position of March and April) and also the new revelation from the CDC that the overwhelming majority of people who caught Covid were mask-wearers? Those two stories undermine two pillars of the left-wing Covid narrative, that lockdowns are the way to go and that masks work. Both beliefs are false.

Also, what do you think of Trump getting his 4th nomination for a Nobel peace prize?

Last edited:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I will say this about masks and lock-downs: I think this has all been a work-in-progress. And I have been saying, if you read back, that we do have to go back to work. My own industry has, and successfully. As to masks and physical distancing, I do think that that is part of how we do get back to work. If you're still against masks, I have to be astonished at that. They prevent the spread of airborne disease...what's the problem? I happen to be in NH right now, the Live Free or Die state, and they are doing masks and physical distancing.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I will say this about masks and lock-downs: I think this has all been a work-in-progress. And I have been saying, if you read back, that we do have to go back to work. My own industry has, and successfully. As to masks and physical distancing, I do think that that is part of how we do get back to work. If you're still against masks, I have to be astonished at that. They prevent the spread of airborne disease...what's the problem?

No, masks are not preventing the spread of Covid. That is a total lie and has been the entire time. The CDC just informed us in fact that 70% of Covid patients in the U.S. reported “always” wearing a mask and another 15% reported “often” wearing one (that’s a total of 85% doing what you want them to and it not mattering). Also, out of the 20 places in the United States with the highest rates of new cases in the last 2 weeks, 19 have mask mandates.

Take a look:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

A deeper dive into masks and what we know and don't about how well they work on COVID-19.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

A deeper dive into masks and what we know and don't about how well they work on COVID-19.

I just read the whole thing, Moxie. It was very wishy-washy, acknowledging that the data is ambiguous but at the same time emphatically declaring that masks are helpful. Clearly the author is a left-wing Democrat who wants the masks to be worn as a form of political virtue-signaling and who also wants to believe they are effective. She left out certain inconvenient details for her narrative, such as the fact that New York and New Jersey had the highest Covid death rates in the world despite their governors very strictly enforcing mask mandates.

The author also did not mention that Ralph Northam, the Democratic Governor of Virginia, made a huge show of piously wearing his mask, but he tested positive just like Trump did.

And of course that article was written before the new CDC data was released showing that 85% of Covid patients reported “always” (70%) or “often” (15%) wearing a mask. So I really don’t see how that article refutes the data I posted above. The harsh reality you don’t want to accept is that the universal masking policy is a science-free superstition largely being enforced as a form of virtue signaling.

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
i see prez wheezy is having a rally in someplace called johnstown..
'jonestown' more like.. :dance2: careful with those drinks now.:face-vomiting::skull-and-crossbones:

• Haha
Reactions: Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I just read the whole thing, Moxie. It was very wishy-washy, acknowledging that the data is ambiguous but at the same time emphatically declaring that masks are helpful. Clearly the author is a left-wing Democrat who wants the masks to be worn as a form of political virtue-signaling and who also wants to believe they are effective. She left out certain inconvenient details for her narrative, such as the fact that New York and New Jersey had the highest Covid death rates in the world despite their governors very strictly enforcing mask mandates.

The author also did not mention that Ralph Northam, the Democratic Governor of Virginia, made a huge show of piously wearing his mask, but he tested positive just like Trump did.

And of course that article was written before the new CDC data was released showing that 85% of Covid patients reported “always” (70%) or “often” (15%) wearing a mask. So I really don’t see how that article refutes the data I posted above. The harsh reality you don’t want to accept is that the universal masking policy is a science-free superstition largely being enforced as a form of virtue signaling.
It's sad to me that you still keep trying to make this political. I was hoping you'd notice the bit in the article where one of the non-controllable variables is if people don't wear them correctly. Or to note that, in the midst of a pandemic, it's hard to do a reasonably controlled study. And I'd hoped that you'd have appreciated that it was even-handed, where you only find it "wish-washy." I also thought that you'd find the source credible. In any case, I would have hoped you read this quote:

“There’s a lot more we would like to know,” says Vos, who contributed to the analysis. “But given that it is such a simple, low-cost intervention with potentially such a large impact, who would not want to use it?”

Which bring us back to the question: if it doesn't hurt anyone, and there is a decent reason to believe that it does good, why shouldn't we wear a mask? Surgeons wear masks for a reason.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It's sad to me that you still keep trying to make this political.
reason.

Lol.....yes, I am making this political, but CNN and the Democrats haven’t done that at all, with their constant shaming of anyone who isn’t wearing a mask and their constant blaming of high COVID death counts in blue states on Republicans in rural Montana not wearing masks 24/7. And never mind that during the Floyd protests CNN was okay with mass protests across the country in which throngs of people were indulging in rage orgies with zero social distancing and very often few or incompletely worn masks, including at CNN headquarters in Atlanta. But yeah, you’re right. I’m the only one politicizing it.

In reality, I am only responding in kind to the left.

I was hoping you'd notice the bit in the article where one of the non-controllable variables is if people don't wear them correctly. Or to note that, in the midst of a pandemic, it's hard to do a reasonably controlled study. And I'd hoped that you'd have appreciated that it was even-handed, where you only find it "wish-washy."
reason.

I don’t think the article was as even-handed as you are claiming. It was clearly trying to prove that masks are ultimately helpful in fighting the pandemic. If there was truly an attempt at being even-handed, there would be mention of the very high death counts in NY and NJ as well as the fact that Gov. Ralph Northam contracted Covid just as Trump did, even though he wore his mask religiously. But none of those details were ever mentioned.

“There’s a lot more we would like to know,” says Vos, who contributed to the analysis. “But given that it is such a simple, low-cost intervention with potentially such a large impact, who would not want to use it?”

People such as myself who don’t believe the virus is anywhere close to as deadly as the media have made it out to be and who consider the mask policies to be a tedious and utterly silly form of harassment and social control.

Which bring us back to the question: if it doesn't hurt anyone, and there is a decent reason to believe that it does good, why shouldn't we wear a mask? Surgeons wear masks for a reason.

I actually do think these masks hurt people in terms of dental health and contracting disease generally. I also think they have clearly proven to be worthless in light of the fact that 85% of Covid patients reported always or often wearing a mask according to the new CDC data. Yes, masks are good for doctors in some situations, but those aren’t regular situations. Millions of people walking the streets of a city with masks is unnecessary and also extremely disturbing. It is a dystopian form of social control that shows how ugly, whimsical, and prejudicial the tendencies of many do-gooding leaders are.

If Trump was not president, left-wing leaders across the world would not be in the state of anxiety that leads them to call for the mask mandates. Ultimately, this is a form of paroxysm for the many people who are deeply unsettled that Trump is president. This is more a form of religious penance than scientific policy.

Ask yourself this honest question: if Donald Trump was not president and you were not in a state of daily angst over that reality, would you be calling for millions of people to wear face masks for a disease that has a survival rate of 99.8%, with the only deaths being mostly among people above age 80?

Of course you wouldn’t. This is ultimately about Trump. Just as the Russian collusion narrative was never about Russia but only about Trump, the Covid hysteria is first and foremost a protest against Trump. And if you are honest with yourself, you know that.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It's sad to me that you still keep trying to make this political. I was hoping you'd notice the bit in the article where one of the non-controllable variables is if people don't wear them correctly. Or to note that, in the midst of a pandemic, it's hard to do a reasonably controlled study. And I'd hoped that you'd have appreciated that it was even-handed, where you only find it "wish-washy." I also thought that you'd find the source credible. In any case, I would have hoped you read this quote:

Moxie, there is actually an awful lot of medical opinion countering the official recommendations. Unfortunately, any view that doesn't align with the current guidance provided by the WHO is censored by all major platforms. Lots of doctors, virologists, epidemiologists, surgeons have had posts and opinions removed from major platforms. It's alarming that scientific or medical views cannot be challenged in the wider public domain. Big Tech censoring Medical practitioners in the field of medicine is incredible.

Interesting blog for you:

Fortunately, where we live in Australia, there are only two active cases of COVID in the entire state. However, they have taken to testing sewage now and "found" "COVID" - leading to a request that people living in those towns to the North of the state go and get tested. I guess they haven't got enough numbers...

This plandemic clearly isn't about Grandma's health.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It's alarming that scientific or medical views cannot be challenged in the wider public domain. Big Tech censoring Medical practitioners in the field of medicine is incredible.

Yes, but it's not surprising at all either. Political correctness and "anti-racism" are full-fledged religions, every bit as fanatical and imbalanced as ISIS ideology (and increasingly similar in terms of violent outbursts against ideological enemies). The issue with medical science being censored is that the forces of political correctness are so strong that most scientists have to approach their studies with the answers already established.

In the U.S. specifically, that means you have to start with the premise that the Democratic Party line is correct and then use "science" to justify it. You saw this with hydroxychloroquine (HCQ). Despite doctors all over the world using it to great effect in combating Covid, as soon as Trump suggested it for the U.S. the Democratic Party line was "hydroxychloroquine is a joke" and what followed were a slew of baseless claims that science had established HCQ was not effective in dealing with Covid.

The issue is that anti-racist political correctness is a completely irrational and mind-numbing religion which forces every aspect of society to bend to its will, including scientific studies. You saw this with the article Moxie posted. It was written by someone who assumes that the Democratic Party line is always correct and that "science" and "the facts" must comport with it.

Fortunately, where we live in Australia, there are only two active cases of COVID in the entire state. However, they have taken to testing sewage now and "found" "COVID" - leading to a request that people living in those towns to the North of the state go and get tested. I guess they haven't got enough numbers...

This plandemic clearly isn't about Grandma's health.

That's absolutely right.....the Covid hype is an international anti-Trump protest combined with an irrational superstitious fear of voodoo-like spirits in the form of "Covid," which are supposed to be kept at bay by wearing a cloth mask even when walking in fresh air. It is total silliness.

But in the U.S., the big problem in the propaganda battle is that the Republican Party has pathetically failed to challenge the bogus death total of 200,000-plus. The real number is nowhere near that high. The CDC is simply a highly politicized government agency loaded with partisan Democrats who are lumping any and all deaths into the Covid category to make Trump look bad. And of course, people like Moxie and Federberg are scooping it right up and falling for it, just like they did the Russian collusion hoax.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Uh oh.....it looks like someone on Kamala Harris's staff tested positive for Covid. I eagerly await the lectures from Moxie and Federberg on how the Biden campaign has been irresponsible in not setting a good example to the country by allowing one of its staffers to "test positive" (which isn't even a bad thing the vast majority of the time, btw).

Oh, and are you ready to admit yet that masks are worthless Moxie? The mindless tools in the Biden campaign are wearing masks non-stop and they are still catching "Covid" anyway.

Harris Cancels Campaign Travel After Aide Tests Positive for Coronavirus

The Wall Street Journal.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
listened to a podcast with Dr Tre Pennie, a black Republican Texan candidate for Congress. Sounds like an impressive guy. Sounds like the sort of candidate that America needs. Will have to investigate more. At first blush doesn't sound like a Trumpist, but I could be wrong. But his policy portfolio sounded reasonable to me. Perhaps the seeds of a GOP revival are quietly happening in the background?

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Pro-Democrat Twitter has now for 6 days shut out the account of the New York Post, one of the most prominent right-leaning newspapers in the United States, for simply reporting an inconvenient (but highly plausible) story about the corruption of Joe and Hunter Biden. Don’t ever call Democrats “liberals” because they most certainly are not “liberal” in any way. They are petty, parochial control freaks:

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This must be the legacy of Ginsburg too now.....mobilizing behind a candidate who not only was credibly accused of rape by Tara Reade but whose son FaceTimes with naked 14-year-old girls while smoking crack. No wonder they had the imagination to come up with the dossier!

R - B - G!!!!

R - B - G!!!!

R - B - G!!!!

R - B - G!!!!

Oh Boy: Rudy Giuliani Reads Text Message from Hunter Biden to Joe Biden talking about FaceTiming 14-Year-Old Girl Naked While Smoking Crack (VIDEO)​

Published October 20, 2020 at 8:27pm

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mrzz World Affairs 2449
T World Affairs 13
britbox World Affairs 82
britbox World Affairs 1004
britbox World Affairs 46