US Politics Thread

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
And of course the massive Democratic cheating attempts are under way in Philadelphia:

Unidentified Civilian is Filmed Taking Official Ballot Box Away from Philly Polling Place – Stuffing it in his Car​

Published November 3, 2020 at 4:23pm

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I've always had a strange fascination with watching Election nights (various countries). Florida is on a knife edge.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The New York Times is pretty close to calling Florida for Trump. He is doing much better in Miami this time around:

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
New York Times now saying that Trump will probably win North Carolina:

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Republicans doing very well in Florida. It is ridiculous that the major media companies (including Fox News) won’t call Florida for Trump yet:

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I've always had a strange fascination with watching Election nights (various countries). Florida is on a knife edge.

That’s funny to me. I’m watching Chopped tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: britbox

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Ridiculous language from Trump at the presser. I think the Pennsylvania procedures are ripe for corruption, but there are a lot of votes still up for grabs in other states.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Ridiculous language from Trump at the presser. I think the Pennsylvania procedures are ripe for corruption, but there are a lot of votes still up for grabs in other states.

Totally disagree. Trump is ahead in almost all the key swing states (except Nevada), and the Democratic governors and mayors of the the big cities are delaying counting votes in their areas. You would be annoyed too if you were him.

Trump has been up in North Carolina, Georgia, Michigan, Ohio, and Pennsylvania all night. The only swing state of the 6 swing states that Fox is listing as up for grabs right now that he has been losing all night is Nevada, where he is down 3% (or about 30,000 votes). In Pa he is up huge, by around 700,000 votes. And right now the Democrats in Pa and those states are trying to delay the counts so they can fiddle with things:

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Fox calling Arizona for Biden.

Here’s why. It was a premature call because the top brass at Fox has some people as sympathetic to the Democrats as CNN and MSNBC (neither of whom have called Arizona yet) are. But this is who Fox chose to lead their decision desk - a Democrat as partisan as they come. He waited until 95% of the Florida was in to call it for Trump but then called the Arizona vote with only 71% in and over a million ballots not yet counted. It’s a joke:

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Totally disagree. Trump is ahead in almost all the key swing states (except Nevada), and the Democratic governors and mayors of the the big cities are delaying counting votes in their areas. You would be annoyed too if you were him.

Trump has been up in North Carolina, Georgia, Michigan, Ohio, and Pennsylvania all night. The only swing state of the 6 swing states that Fox is listing as up for grabs right now that he has been losing all night is Nevada, where he is down 3% (or about 30,000 votes). In Pa he is up huge, by around 700,000 votes. And right now the Democrats in those states are trying to delay the counts so they can fiddle with things:

He doesn't need to say what he did. He might not even need Pennsylvania. If he wins then he's going to look pretty stupid because he's already called the whole thing a fraud.

Reactions: tented

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Here’s why. It was a premature call because the top brass at Fox has some people as sympathetic to the Democrats as CNN and MSNBC (neither of whom have called Arizona yet) are. But this is who Fox chose to lead their decision desk - a Democrat as partisan as they come. He waited until 95% of the Florida was in to call it for Trump but then called the Arizona vote with only 71% in and over a million ballots not yet counted. It’s a joke:

You're assuming it's because Fox has Democrat staff skewing predictions. If Arizona goes to Trump then you'll have a discussion point... until then, none.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
You're assuming it's because Fox has Democrat staff skewing predictions. If Arizona goes to Trump then you'll have a discussion point... until then, none.

No, all I am saying is that it was a premature call. Not even CNN and MSNBC called Arizona. It was totally irresponsible of Fox to let that Democratic hack running their election desk call it.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
He doesn't need to say what he did. He might not even need Pennsylvania. If he wins then he's going to look pretty stupid because he's already called the whole thing a fraud.

That’s clearly not what he meant. He didn’t say that the whole election was a fraud. He clearly meant that the way Democratic governors and mayors in key swing states are delaying vote counts with him substantially ahead is fraudulent:

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
No, all I am saying is that it was a premature call. Not even CNN and MSNBC called Arizona. It was totally irresponsible of Fox to let that Democratic hack running their election desk call it.
Fox called Virginia for Biden when Trump was ahead. They got it right. See how the chips fall in Arizona. If they get it wrong then you'll have a case. Trump doesn't have to accept it anyway until the result is final.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Well this is a lot closer than expected. America speaks indeed! Fkg pollsters are absolutely useless it seems. So if Biden gets Arizona it opens up the possibility of him winning without evening needing Pennsylvania. Still think the odds are in his favour but oh man... this is tight!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mrzz World Affairs 2449
T World Affairs 13
britbox World Affairs 82
britbox World Affairs 1004
britbox World Affairs 46