US Politics Thread

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
So down the stretch the two things that the POTUS was attempting to do, take focus away/minimize the COVID and put the attention on Biden's physical condition /competence. MInd you, it certainly didn't look like he was succeeding regardless...

But now.

In one fell swoop that's all gone. There is no smoking gun on Biden and with only 31 days to go, COVID and the President's health is front and center, doubt anything else is going to supplant this news story.

Reactions: Moxie

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
that coronaparty in the white house garden though :D :wacko::pile-of-poo::radioactive:

they all turned the dial on the stupidometer up to 11. :rip::ambulance:

• Haha

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Agreed. And personally every person in that rose garden party should be tested (starting w/ the nominee).
I think they have been, which is how they found out about those 2 Senators, but transparency in all of this isn't quite what it might be.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I don't know how the electorate can vote back in a guy who can't even keep his own White House safe from this pandemic. The incompetence is damning. But I'm sure there'll be some happy travellers who'll keep making excuses for him. I just find it stunning

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I don't know how the electorate can vote back in a guy who can't even keep his own White House safe from this pandemic. The incompetence is damning. But I'm sure there'll be some happy travellers who'll keep making excuses for him. I just find it stunning
Trump coming out and saying that he now really understands this virus, since he's had it, is landing with a crashing thud for a lot of people.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
What are the chances that this whole thing (Orange man getting covid) is a hoax?

Just wondering. Can't trust anything these days.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
If as seems to happen a lot Trump suffers some sort of relapse and has to go back into hospital that could be the final nail in the coffin for him

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
What are the chances that this whole thing (Orange man getting covid) is a hoax?

Just wondering. Can't trust anything these days.
Pretty slim. It doesn't serve him in any way. It basically proves that his careless approach was wrong, plus he doesn't get to campaign for two weeks.

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
president wheezy has coronavirus in his lungs,
looking at him gulping like a gloomy out of the water haddock at the white house,

will he be at next thurs biden debate ? can't see it.
cannot rule out impending death either.

Last edited:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Kamala Harris won the night. Apparently the fly came in 2nd.

Screen Shot 2020-10-07 at 11.41.41 PM.png

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Left wing media claiming victory for Harris. Right wing media claiming victory for Pence. I didn't see anything to set them apart regarding capturing the swing vote. Both performed OK. It was a better debate than the initial presidential one. I'd call it a wash...

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Left wing media claiming victory for Harris. Right wing media claiming victory for Pence. I didn't see anything to set them apart regarding capturing the swing vote. Both performed OK. It was a better debate than the initial presidential one. I'd call it a wash...

It is seemingly a better debate due to superficial civility. But, it is one of the worst debates in terms of people answering the questions asked. Pence almost did not answer a single question asked to him by the moderator. On top of it, he complained that KH is not answering a question that he asked to her.

It does not seem to be accidental. It was purely a strategy. If this be the case in future debates, let us at least get rid of the questions. :facepalm:

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
It was a rubbish debate, but at this point, with the Dem polling lead, a draw was a win for Harris. I also think she got in the best lines of the night. “I’m talking..” probably went down well with women, and “they‘re coming for you“ has stickability

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It was a rubbish debate, but at this point, with the Dem polling lead, a draw was a win for Harris. I also think she got in the best lines of the night. “I’m talking..” probably went down well with women, and “they‘re coming for you“ has stickability
Pence was rude, but seemed less so given the low bar that Trump set last week. But his talking over Harris, and her calm through it IS going to play well with voters that Biden/Harris wants to swing..."suburban" (read: white) women, and older people. And the polling bears it out.

One thing that makes me crazy is why Biden and Harris both let Trump and Pence get away with dissing "Obamacare," and talking about what they might do in the next 4 years. They had 4 years to present and implement a new plan and it goes nowhere...it's still just about adjudicating ACA in the courts.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Pence was rude, but seemed less so given the low bar that Trump set last week. But his talking over Harris, and her calm through it IS going to play well with voters that Biden/Harris wants to swing..."suburban" (read: white) women, and older people. And the polling bears it out.

One thing that makes me crazy is why Biden and Harris both let Trump and Pence get away with dissing "Obamacare," and talking about what they might do in the next 4 years. They had 4 years to present and implement a new plan and it goes nowhere...it's still just about adjudicating ACA in the courts.
I agree. And I would also add that for 4 years Dems allowed him to claim the economy was great because of him. He implimented a pro cyclical fiscal stimulus in a decent economy That’s all

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Wow... so some of these right wing militia groups actually tried to kidnap the Governor of Michigan?? But oh yeah... it's antifa and BLM that are the real problem. Gimme a fucking break...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mrzz World Affairs 2449
T World Affairs 13
britbox World Affairs 82
britbox World Affairs 1004
britbox World Affairs 46