US Politics Thread

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Crying fraud before the election is even over sounds like people who think they're going to lose.

Reactions: Kieran

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Crying fraud before the election is even over sounds like people who think they're going to lose.

Pretty rich coming from someone whose party is calling the well-documented and easily verifiable information about the Bidens “Russian disinformation” as a clear excuse for Biden faltering. But I would agree with you if there weren’t stories all over the place of Democratic Party fraud already occurring and indications that Democrats intend to commit fraud with their constant push for extended deadlines to receive mail-in ballots. The evidence of Democrat-engineered ballot fraud is now so overwhelming and incontrovertible that you have to be a naive ignoramus of the highest magnitude to deny it.

We also know from the Russian collusion nonsense that Democrats have no problem with lying, cheating, fabricating, and defaming if it means trying to take out Trump. Hardly any Democrats stepped up to the plate and called out the FBI for its completely inappropriate and immoral targeting of the Trump campaign in 2016. The reason is simple: the ends justify the means in their minds.

To take two of dozens of examples:

Last edited:

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
All this talk about “white nationalists” and “Charlottesville” but Black Lives Matter can do this any time they get angry about something:

BLM Protesters Target Jews in Philadelphia While Yelling ‘Synagogue of Satan’​

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Last edited:

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
This run up to November 3rd has an almost deja vu feel to 2016 in a very weird way. Back then I was concerned about HRC's closing message which was basically vote for me because I'm a woman, and Trump is not a good guy. This time, I hear a little bit from Biden about crushing the virus, and lots from Trump about how terrible things will be if Biden wins. Neither message is particularly inspiring but at least Biden talks about unifying the country. I don't hear anything from Trump... literally nothing about what he's going to do in a 2nd term. He was super consistent last time round. Build the wall, drain the swamp. There was... a message. Have none of his people pointed out to him he has to have a message for what he's going to do? As things stand I don't know how this turns around for him. What am I missing??

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Perhaps Federberg is missing that Trump is encouraging continued economic growth, although (to be fair) much of this had to do with simply re-opening. Trump deserves credit for encouraging it as much as he has and giving the governors who wanted to re-open support in doing so.

U.S. GDP booms at 33.1% rate in Q3, better than expected​

PUBLISHED THU, OCT 29 20208:32 AM EDTUPDATED THU, OCT 29 20202:00 PM EDT

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Since Pennsylvania will be one of the key battleground states, I took a look at the 2016 breakdown from NBC News. Some interesting info here.....

This is info from the 2016 election in Pa about education and race:

- White college graduates split at 48-48

- Whites without a college degree went 64-32 for Trump

- Non-white college graduates went 75-24 for Hillary

- Non-whites without a college degree went 86-10 for Hillary

So you see there that Hillary actually did much better with non-whites without a college degree (a group no one talks about because it isn’t PC) than Trump did with whites without a college degree. Minority voters clearly vote on the basis of racial animus toward Republicans, who they regard as the white party, with a slightly higher percentage of non-whites with a college degree voting Republican than non-whites without a college degree doing the same. And then white college graduates were split right down the middle.

It looks like the Democrats are going to have to turn out their base as much as possible by playing to racist fears against the other side and motivating low-information, misled voters to participate in an election that they do not understand. Plus they want to commit mass fraud. The issue is whether they can do these things enough to pull off a victory.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Trump only lost Minnesota by 44,000 votes in 2016. The Democrats have won Minnesota in every presidential election since 1972. This is the response Trump got when he arrived there yesterday. The enthusiasm he has from many quarters, especially numerous Democrats and ex-Democrats, is remarkable:

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Hard to see Trump winning California but he is drawing absolutely massive crowds wherever he goes (Pennsylvania, Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin, and especially Florida) and apparently there is plenty of enthusiasm for him in Beverly Hills too. Remarkable:

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The media always talk about the possibility of Republicans voting Democrat but never the reverse possibility. The latter is a completely neglected trend. But the Trump campaign has been drawing a substantial number of Democrats to switch:

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Remarkable. Another case of Democrats switching parties in 2020 to vote for Trump here with the Pittsburgh Post Gazette. The question is whether the Democrats can counteract this phenomenon with their “get-out-vote” gimmicks and fraud schemes:

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Biden wins the popular vote but the Electoral College will be closer. If Trump wins in Florida, I think he keeps the presidency.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Keep in mind there’s a very good chance we will not know the winner tonight. Or tomorrow. Or the day after. There are key states which do you even begin counting mail-in ballots until today; other states allow ballots which haven’t been received today to be counted. This could be a long process, unless it’s a blow-out by one of them.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
ABC’s Jonathan Karl Was impressed with Trump’s campaigning energy in recent days:

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Interesting story here. A lot of Democrats appear to be switching to vote Republican in 2020, Here's a good example:

Philadelphia Firefighters, Paramedics Union Endorses Trump’s Reelection

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Another example of Democrats switching to Republican this election year. It will be interesting to see how many such people there end up being after the votes are counted:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mrzz World Affairs 2449
T World Affairs 13
britbox World Affairs 82
britbox World Affairs 1004
britbox World Affairs 46