US Politics Thread

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Funny how pro-Biden moderator Chris Wallace did not press Biden on his denials of his son’s well-documented corrupt dealings:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
That was a national embarrassment last night. Trump had no intention of debating or following any rules, just interrupting, bullying, talking non-stop and wondering when he could shoehorn Hunter Biden into some answer. Biden wasn't above calling Trump a "clown" and a "liar." Cormac McCarthy was quoted when it was over: “Well, if that wasn’t a mess, it’ll do until the mess gets here.” Dana Bash actually said "shit show" live on CNN. Jake Tapper called it "a hot mess inside a dumpster fire inside a train wreck."

Trump refused to denounce white supremacists and told the Proud Boys to "stand back, stand by."

Last edited:

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
That was a national embarrassment last night. Trump had no intention of debating or following any rules, just interrupting, bullying, talking non-stop

The embarrassment was actually the stupid things that Biden and Chris Wallace were saying as well as Wallace failing to be a balanced moderator.

and wondering when he could shoehorn Hunter Biden into some answer. Biden wasn't above calling Trump a "clown" and a "liar." Cormac McCarthy was quoted when it was over: “Well, if that wasn’t a mess, it’ll do until the mess gets here.” Dana Bash actually said "shit show" live on CNN. Jake Tapper called it "a hot mess inside a dumpster fire inside a train wreck."

Trump refused to denounce white supremacists and told the Proud Boys to "stand back, stand by."

Moxie I switched things up yesterday and watched CNN for two hours after the debate last night, instead of reading or listening to any right-wing media. I heard Axelrod, Van Jones, Gloria Berger, Jake Tapper, Chris Cuomo, Don Lemon, Dana Bash, and Kirsten Powers. I am unsurprised to see that you are repeating everything they said almost verbatim. The CNN-NYT-Washington Post nexus is your church and you follow their party line dutifully.

That said, let's address how stupid everything you and CNN are saying. First of all, regarding Hunter Biden: everything Trump said was completely appropriate. Hunter Biden is one of the biggest pieces of trash in American politics. If you want to talk about treatment of women, we just learned last week that he was involved with a prostitution ring in Eastern Europe. We also know that he impregnated a woman and abandoned her before receiving a paternity notice. As far as his "business" dealings, we know that he has gotten rich by using his last name to get lucrative deals with foreign government that are almost certainly in violation of federal law. Furthermore, Trump was slandered and smeared for almost 3 years for having "Russian ties." We just learned last week that Hillary's sub-source for the dossier was a Russian spy and that Hunter Biden's company took $3.5 million from the wife of a Russian government official. So if Trump is indignant, he has every right to be. He was slandered and smeared over Russian ties (which the Democratic Party has), and then he was impeached over raising perfectly legitimate questions about Hunter Biden's despicable behavior. If anything, Trump was too nice yesterday.

As for the Proud Boys, what bad have they ever done to anyone? Have they shot and killed anybody like left-wing rioters have in recent months? Have they trashed any cities the way left-wing protesters have in Minneapolis and Kenosha?

No, they aren't a threat to anyone. Trump was absolutely right.

Overall, I give Trump an A on temperament and a B- on substance because he left a lot of things unsaid that should have been said. But I do like how he went after Biden aggressively. Biden deserved every second of it.

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
i saw bits of it on the news..trump tried to throw biden off his game but didn't manage to do it,

biden did a good job of talking to the camera/viewers despite the wall of noise from trump,

the biggest moment i saw was biden talking about folks having an empty chair at the table due to trumps corona horrorshow. that broke through the noise.

the moderator was shit, why was he sat deep in a pit ?..he should have been like a boxing ref and at the same level, stepping between the space when the noise was too much..which was almost all the time..

trump did his usual verbal vomit thing..nothing new for me. 2 more debates ?. lol.

biden telling trump to shut up when trump was talking over a biden answer was a laugh though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Moxie I switched things up yesterday and watched CNN for two hours after the debate last night, instead of reading or listening to any right-wing media. I heard Axelrod, Van Jones, Gloria Berger, Jake Tapper, Chris Cuomo, Don Lemon, Dana Bash, and Kirsten Powers. I am unsurprised to see that you are repeating everything they said almost verbatim. The CNN-NYT-Washington Post nexus is your church and you follow their party line dutifully.
I didn't quote "almost verbatim". The quotes I posted were actually verbatim, and inside quotation marks, you numbskull. Because they were quotes. Including the McCarthy reference. I posted them because I thought they were amusing as to the level of that debate, and I didn't spare Biden. Try to read more carefully. And, btw, I didn't watch the debate or the post-coverage on CNN. Those quotes were all over the internet and in our text chains, from live-watching with various friends.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
People are saying Trump was too tough on Biden. I say he was too nice. Trump did a decent job but he could have offered even more devastating substance, especially on mail-in fraud. The information on it is so widespread that he should have been more prepared to provide details.

The whole debate was a joke Cali.

I've been away but just watched it on Youtube without external commentary. Trump didn't do a decent job and you can't blame Wallace either. Wallace is just asking the questions - it's not a forensic interrogation. The only thing you could blame Wallace for, is not controlling adherence to the agreed format.

I'm not saying Biden won the debate on substance, but he performed better than the low expectations assigned to him. That is one positive for Biden. I didn't see any for Trump.

Reactions: Moxie and Federberg

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
The whole debate was a joke Cali.

I've been away but just watched it on Youtube without external commentary. Trump didn't do a decent job and you can't blame Wallace either. Wallace is just asking the questions - it's not a forensic interrogation. The only thing you could blame Wallace for, is not controlling adherence to the agreed format.

I'm not saying Biden won the debate on substance, but he performed better than the low expectations assigned to him. That is one positive for Biden. I didn't see any for Trump.
Agreed Biden outperformed the low expectations the Trump campaign stupidly created for him. He wasn't great, but he never really is in these debates. But my goodness, Trump was shocking. The thing with the Proud Boys and attacking Biden's son to name a few episodes. Appalling and likely to drive away independents. No 3rd party candidates of note this time to draw away votes from the Dems. It's going to be really really tough for Trump to make up ground on someone who already has 50+ numbers in a lot of key states. It basically means he needs to reduce the Biden vote now, jazzed up turnout won't cut it

Reactions: Moxie

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
1601564411144.png

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Says it all:

for America's sake I hope he gets through it ok. He's an old man who is not in the best of health. I want him voted out, not harmed

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
for America's sake I hope he gets through it ok. He's an old man who is not in the best of health. I want him voted out, not harmed
Thinking more about this... Biden will have to get tested as well. This could delay a whole lot of things including the Supreme Court nomination. What a clusterfk...

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
The President going to Walter Reed puts me in mind of what happened to Bojo over here. I hope it's just precautionary. 2020 has been bad enough already

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The President going to Walter Reed puts me in mind of what happened to Bojo over here. I hope it's just precautionary. 2020 has been bad enough already
I was thinking the same. Didn't they also say of Johnson, initially that the hospitalization is out of an "abundance of caution?" Anyway, he's taking an experimental drug, or cocktail, is what I've heard.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I was thinking the same. Didn't they also say of Johnson, initially that the hospitalization is out of an "abundance of caution?" Anyway, he's taking an experimental drug, or cocktail, is what I've heard.
exactly that. Anyway the knowledge has grown exponentially since then, so fingers crossed it's just precautionary

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
exactly that. Anyway the knowledge has grown exponentially since then, so fingers crossed it's just precautionary
Indeed. There's enough chaos and disarray without having a sick President.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
The speed with which they have moved from POTUS testing positive to the hospital to using experimental palliatives on him is rather breath taking. What in the hell is going on??

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The speed with which they have moved from POTUS testing positive to the hospital to using experimental palliatives on him is rather breath taking. What in the hell is going on??
Surely you don't mean "palliative." I posted yesterday that they're using an experimental treatment.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mrzz World Affairs 2449
T World Affairs 13
britbox World Affairs 82
britbox World Affairs 1004
britbox World Affairs 46