US Politics Thread

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I have neither the time or the inclination to go down this route with you. What would be the point? Read the Mueller Report, and read the Senate Intelligence Report, which by the way showed more definitively where the points of cooperation were. If that doesn't satisfy you, and why would it given your biases, then I sure as fuck am not going to waste the effort ;)

I read the Mueller report. It didn't satisfy Mueller that Trump colluded with Russia either.

"Ultimately, the investigation did not establish that the Campaign coordinated or conspired with the Russian government in its election-interference activities."

I don't want to waste another three years of your life in that rabbit hole. So, sure we'll move on.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
what is it with all these Trump associates. It's incredible! Good grief how can American voters give this guy a second term!??

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
what is it with all these Trump associates. It's incredible! Good grief how can American voters give this guy a second term!??

Britbox - notice how Federbergy did not say a word about the FBI agent Kevin Clinesmith, who was instrumental in the FBI investigation into Trump-Russia ties, pleading guilty this week to a felony of making false statements in the course of the Russia investigation. Clinesmith altered an email about Carter Page in order to help the FBI get a FISA warrant to spy on Page and the Trump campaign. This is the investigation that Federbergy placed all his trust in for 3 years.

In other words, the deceit and conspiracy was on the side Federbergy took. All along he believed in a tinfoil conspiracy theory ginned up by anti-Trump government bureaucrats who engaged in criminality and totally unethical conduct.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

Leave it to Moxie to idiotically post an article that contradicts a post she just made. The article explicitly says:

“in 2016, Trump and his supporters claimed that a Republican rival, Senator Ted Cruz, was ineligible to be president because he was born to an American citizen living in Canada.”

Welp, so much for Republicans never raising this issue about Cruz. Moxie’s cluelessness of anything other than establishmentarian cliches is exposed yet again.

As for the content of the article, it is pure historical trash meant to justify the current political agenda of the Democratic Party. It did not address Eastman’s historical arguments at all.

But it’s a great example of how much of a farce modern American education is in the humanities. In that sense, it was a very insightful piece from Moxie. A great reminder of how low things really are.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Britbox - notice how Federbergy did not say a word about the FBI agent Kevin Clinesmith, who was instrumental in the FBI investigation into Trump-Russia ties, pleading guilty this week to a felony of making false statements in the course of the Russia investigation. Clinesmith altered an email about Carter Page in order to help the FBI get a FISA warrant to spy on Page and the Trump campaign. This is the investigation that Federbergy placed all his trust in for 3 years.

In other words, the deceit and conspiracy was on the side Federbergy took. All along he believed in a tinfoil conspiracy theory ginned up by anti-Trump government bureaucrats who engaged in criminality and totally unethical conduct.

One thing I've noticed is that everything has become so divisive and partisan to the extent that people just completely ignore behaviour on their own side of the fence, that matches something they were completely outraged about when the other side did it.

If we're talking about foreign interference, surely George Soros and his billions are worthy of far more analysis...

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
One thing I've noticed is that everything has become so divisive and partisan to the extent that people just completely ignore behaviour on their own side of the fence, that matches something they were completely outraged about when the other side did it.

If we're talking about foreign interference, surely George Soros and his billions are worthy of far more analysis...
I'm not even going to try to look at what the forum troll has said to elicit this response. But I have to ask @britbox... is this where you are now? George Soros is a boogie man in your view now? I honestly thought this was just a far right trope. I didn't think a sensible fella like you would go down this path. I guess Bill Gates is also a dark lord too? Wow...

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I'm not even going to try to look at what the forum troll has said to elicit this response. But I have to ask @britbox... is this where you are now? George Soros is a boogie man in your view now? I honestly thought this was just a far right trope. I didn't think a sensible fella like you would go down this path. I guess Bill Gates is also a dark lord too? Wow...
Don't pre-judge it mate. We'll discuss it in depth if you have an open mind... and I'll even use your preferred sources (CNN, MSNBC, Atlantic & Guardian) where possible. Say no if you haven't got any interest in it.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Don't pre-judge it mate. We'll discuss it in depth if you have an open mind... and I'll even use your preferred sources (CNN, MSNBC, Atlantic & Guardian) where possible. Say no if you haven't got any interest in it.
lol! At my preferred sources. The only journals I subscribe to are the FT, WaPo and Foreign Affairs. I'll read anything that isn't batshit crazy on both sides of the spectrum. The problem will with some Republican leaning sources these days is that if you look at them often enough you start getting racist options coming in. So you have to look at the stuff with contagion protection on.

I'm happy to hear your thoughts mate. I just don't have too much mental energy right now, work has been exhausting. But rational debate is always welcome

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

I wouldn't blame the "divisiveness" even slightly on Republicans. The fact is that the left cannot tolerate any dissent and for most true-believing Democrats, especially white Democrats, life is not worth living if Trump is president (that is no exaggeration and that is the main reason for the lockdowns in the blue states; it has nothing to do with the disease but everything to do with saying "we hate the fact that Trump is president so much that we are willing to sacrifice human happiness as a protest").

With regard to the Russia collusion theory specifically, Tinfoil Federturd has shown himself to be an utter and total fool for the better part of 3 years now. The people who orchestrated the hoax (such as Kevin Clinesmith) are starting to be exposed for their criminality, and Federbergy, just like Rachel Maddow, is in denial and won't look at the truth of the issue that he completely misread for 3 years.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Whoever wins the presidency in November has a mammoth task on their hands. America is showing off a septic wound to the world right now. Globally, within the Anglosphere, this isn't good. Outside of that sphere, I imagine the emotions range from a shrug of the shoulders to a celebration.

Unfortunately there is no short-term solution to this problem. The left is in a state of rage and cannot tolerate not being in total control over every aspect of society. Trump being president bothers them so much that they blamed the death of George Floyd in Minneapolis - an entirely Democrat-run city with a Democratic mayor - on Trump himself. And the white losers in Portland and Seattle who join Antifa are raging at a "system" that they are too stupid to realize is on their ideological side. They are also acting out against mayors and governing bodies in their city that are entirely run by Democrats as being the "system" that is supposedly oppressing people. It is impossible to understate just how stupid members of Antifa actually are.

What's also funny is that Oregon (where Portland is) and Washington (where Seattle is) are two of the whitest states in the USA demographically. They are as white in their attitude as Moxie. Actually, no, that understates it. They are as white as Federberg; that's how white they are. And yet they are raging against the Seattle and Portland police departments for being "racist" despite one of those departments being headed by a black female and hardly any black people living in either city.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
errr... is this what people call white privilege?

Just to clarify the complications of the McDowell case, she was also convicted on a drug charge, which she got five years for. But before someone else drops in the say it was 'just' that, she was also given a concurrent sentence of 5 years on a larceny charge for lying about her son's address to get him into a better school. Compare that to the 2 months (and 5 months for the father) for the parents who bribed and defrauded their children's way into a better school. It still stinks, in terms of money and privilege.

Last edited:
Reactions: Federberg

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Leave it to Moxie to idiotically post an article that contradicts a post she just made. The article explicitly says:

“in 2016, Trump and his supporters claimed that a Republican rival, Senator Ted Cruz, was ineligible to be president because he was born to an American citizen living in Canada.”

Welp, so much for Republicans never raising this issue about Cruz. Moxie’s cluelessness of anything other than establishmentarian cliches is exposed yet again.

As for the content of the article, it is pure historical trash meant to justify the current political agenda of the Democratic Party. It did not address Eastman’s historical arguments at all.

But it’s a great example of how much of a farce modern American education is in the humanities. In that sense, it was a very insightful piece from Moxie. A great reminder of how low things really are.
You know what? I was wrong about the Cruz eligibility. I read some of what you asked me to and looked into it myself. You can be born on foreign soil, if you're born to one or more US parents and are otherwise eligible. But your notion that the "subject to jurisdiction" clause makes her ineligible does not hold up in precedent, or in best legal reading of the intent of the 14th Amendment:

"Reading allegiance into the 14th Amendment would largely defeat the intent of its drafters, who wanted to prevent politicians from denying citizenship to those they considered insufficiently American. As a matter of constitutional interpretation, the 14th Amendment’s reference to “jurisdiction” means only that the children fall under American law at birth. Almost everyone in the United States, even aliens, comes within American jurisdiction; otherwise, they could violate the law with impunity. “Subject to the jurisdiction thereof” refers to discrete categories of persons that American law does not govern, such as diplomats and enemy soldiers occupying U.S. territory during war. International law grants both diplomats and enemy soldiers protected status, when present on the soil of another state, from the application of that state’s laws."

There is an argument on both sides, and there are presented here. But I would go back to precedent, and the intent of the amendment. George Washington's parents weren't citizens of the US when he was born, either, and they owed allegiance to England. The intent of the Amendment is to reinforce the citizenship of Black Americans, Native Americans, and those born here of immigrant parents, and against the politicization of people being seen as not "American enough."

So are you really willing to argue that Kamala Harris isn't eligible for the (Vice) Presidency? What otherwise citizenship would you confer on her?

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

Whether George Soros is a boogie man or not, will largely depend on your view of a much more globalised world. Some in favour might say the end justifies the means.

Purely looking at "interference" in isolation, is undeniable. But as I've said, this is nothing new - all manner of actors are doing this.

As for Soros interference - he's done it in multiple countries. His Open Societies Organisation funded "Best for Britain" - an NGO to reverse the Brexit vote.

Open Societies are banned from many countries already. The UK Government is also looking into them.

Open Societies funded Bill De Blasio's mayoral campaign to get into office. Open Societies have been funding many DIstrict Attorneys in the US.

Kim Garder, the St Louis District Attorney who is freeing looters without charge yet charging the St Louis couple defending their property was 70% funded by Soros. Soros also funded BLM to the tune of $220 million. He has also funded the Alliance for Global Justice (tied to Antifa) in the past.

Kind of a perfect storm for George given who he funds.

By the way, Gardner has been ordered to release communications with Open Societies and Soros by a judge after refusing to do so under a Freedom of Information request.

Soros' Open Societies funds the Poynter Group which runs Politifact (the online "Fact checker").
First Draft (who the NYT use for fact-checking) is partially funded by Open Societies.

Soros is infiltrating institutions in the USA like he has done multiple times before (including in the USSR)

Note: "in order to change these nations from the inside out. "

That might come as good news to some people, and you could argue against the "foreign" label, as he does also have US citizenship.

If you look at the World Economic Forum, Davos accords, and minutes and agendas from institutions dominated by other global oligarchy world shapers - the world is going to be changing very quickly. Trump really is in their way - a huge roadblock.

Now you might think Soros has a deep conscience but I'd suggest you watch this.

"I don't care about social consequences".

There will be plenty of other influential oligarchs and forces with skin in the game, not all necessarily against Trump. One thing is for sure, the "little people" aren't really of that much interest, just pawns in a game.

Last edited:

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The irony of the reporting.

I never realized a simple milkshake could cause so much damage. Brain bleeds even.

Britbox, why do you always go against your great natural instincts with a compulsive desire to be "moderate" and gain acceptance from a left-wing Democratic Party hack like Moxie? She is someone who actually believes Elizabeth Warren is a Cherokee Indian. Why are you trying to curry favor with her as if she is some kind of moral authority? On the Andy Ngo issue she is too lazy to even look up a basic incident. And then here you are, like a complete idiot, second-ing her ignorance.

Ngo was not merely hit with a milkshake. He was punched, kicked, and sprayed by "peaceful" Antifa protesters, and then had various objects thrown at him. You want to see the proof? Just look at the 37-second video below. It's all there. Moxie, as usual, has no idea what she is talking about and is instead swallowing establishmentarian lies as truth.

So yes, here is anti-racist Moxie defending a group of angry left-wing whites in Portland (one of the whitest major cities in America, btw) attacking an Asian-American journalist. Care to admit that you were wrong in agreeing with Moxie's idiocy? Does this look like "just a milkshake" to you? Of course, if the shoe was on the other foot and a group of angry right-wing whites did this to an Asian-American journalist who was a Democrat, it would be reported internationally as a crime against humanity and every news reader in every country would hear about it through their smart phones in an instant. You would have completely ignorant non-Americans like Federturd and BrokenFuckFace commenting on it within seconds. But hey, what did we learn from the Floyd riots in Minneapolis? As long as you're a Democrat, even if you're white, you can get away with attacking minorities and destroying their businesses. That's all fine and dandy as long as you're a mental handicap who belches out "Black Lives Matter" as if it is a profound political statement.

Conservative writer Andy Ngo roughed up at Portland antifa/right wing protests

Last edited:

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Britbox, why do you always go against your great natural instincts with a compulsive desire to be "moderate" and gain acceptance from a left-wing Democratic Party hack like Moxie? She is someone who actually believes Elizabeth Warren is a Cherokee Indian. Why are you trying to curry favor with her as if she is some kind of moral authority? On the Andy Ngo issue she is too lazy to even look up a basic incident. And then here you are, like a complete idiot, second-ing her ignorance.

Ngo was not merely hit with a milkshake. He was punched, kicked, and sprayed by "peaceful" Antifa protesters, and then had various objects thrown at him. You want to see the proof? Just look at the 37-second video below. It's all there. Moxie, as usual, has no idea what she is talking about and is instead swallowing establishmentarian lies as truth.

So yes, here is anti-racist Moxie defending a group of angry left-wing whites in Portland (one of the whitest major cities in America, btw) attacking an Asian-American journalist. Care to admit that you were wrong in agreeing with Moxie's idiocy? Does this look like "just a milkshake" to you? Of course, if the shoe was on the other foot and a group of angry right-wing whites did this to an Asian-American journalist who was a Democrat, it would be reported internationally as a crime against humanity and every news reader in every country would hear about it through their smart phones in an instant. You would have completely ignorant non-Americans like Federturd and BrokenFuckFace commenting on it within seconds. But hey, what did we learn from the Floyd riots in Minneapolis? As long as you're a Democrat, even if you're white, you can get away with attacking minorities and destroying their businesses. That's all fine and dandy as long as you're a mental handicap who belches out "Black Lives Matter" as if it is a profound political statement.

Conservative writer Andy Ngo roughed up at Portland antifa/right wing protests

You got the wrong message from that post. Read it more carefully next time.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
You got the wrong message from that post. Read it more carefully next time.

I’m afraid Moxie got the wrong message too, which is why she liked your post. But yes, you’re right, Ngo wasn’t the victim merely of a milkshake. The photo clearly shows that.

Based on the tenor of the Rolling Stone piece, I interpreted your remark as meaning that Ngo and his right-wing allies faked an injury for him (a la Jussie Smollett in Chicago) when in reality he was only hit with a milkshake by supposedly “peaceful” Antifa head kickers.

Last edited:

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
By the way
I’m afraid Moxie got the wrong message too, which is why she liked your post. But yes, you’re right, Ngo wasn’t the victim merely of a milkshake. The photo clearly shows that.

Based on the tenor of the Rolling Stone piece, I interpreted your remark as meaning that Ngo and his right-wing allies faked an injury for him (a la Jussie Smollett in Chicago) when in reality he was only hit with a milkshake by supposedly “peaceful” Antifa head kickers.

I'd seen the Ngo stuff quite a while before the Rollingstone article. It was obviously much more than a mischievous milkshake.

The riots in Portland could be stopped in a couple of days if there was a will to do it. While they initially served the Dems, I'm not sure they can put the crocodile back without losing a lot of face either by ramping up policing or calling in the Feds. Also, I notice Lori Lightfoot (Chi) and Jenny Durkin (Seattle) take a rather different view of "protesters" when they surface in their own neighbourhoods.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Kellyanne Conway quits. I'm guessing there is more to this story than the "want to spend time with my family" narrative.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Here is more of what the intellectually lazy, unoriginal, cliche-spouting Obama calls “peaceful protesting” - hitting a police officer in the head with a brick and setting the parking lot of a car dealership on fire. This is also what Moxie calls the moral arc of the universe bending toward justice.

And no, this isn’t Trump supporters doing this:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mrzz World Affairs 2449
T World Affairs 13
britbox World Affairs 82
britbox World Affairs 1004
britbox World Affairs 46