US Politics Thread

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

The irony of the reporting.

I never realized a simple milkshake could cause so much damage. Brain bleeds even.

Reactions: Moxie

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This is what dumbass Michelle Obama (just like dumbass Federberg) just referred to as “peaceful protesting” - literally kicking someone in the head and raiding a Ronald McDonald house. Will Moxie have any “empathy” for this man kicked in the head or this 2-year-old cancer patient who was just robbed of his birthday celebration by the Antifa/Black Lives Matter cretins?

Two-Year-Old Cancer Patient Misses Birthday Celebration Due To Chicago Looters Targeting Ronald McDonald House
Published August 12, 2020 at 3:08pm

View attachment 3858

Whoever wins the presidency in November has a mammoth task on their hands. America is showing off a septic wound to the world right now. Globally, within the Anglosphere, this isn't good. Outside of that sphere, I imagine the emotions range from a shrug of the shoulders to a celebration.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The Birtherism stuff is a load of shit. Why people go off on this drivel is beyond me... Yes, including Trump on Obama. Most politicians have a mountain of work to rip to pieces without making stuff up. Trump also has a mountain of stuff to go after, yet people spend years pissing around with Russian conspiracy theories and making a mockery of democracy in the same breath.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
The Birtherism stuff is a load of shit. Why people go off on this drivel is beyond me... Yes, including Trump on Obama. Most politicians have a mountain of work to rip to pieces without making stuff up. Trump also has a mountain of stuff to go after, yet people spend years pissing around with Russian conspiracy theories and making a mockery of democracy in the same breath.
Russian conspiracy theories... :facepalm: Keep burying your head in the sand if you want. I won't...

Reactions: Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Do you really not see why Trump and his mouthpieces go on about birtherism? He focused on Obama for ages, and now that we got a Jamaican-Indian-American woman running for VP they start it again. It's a way of turning the suspicions about Black and brown people that some white people have of them into the kind of "other" some deeply feel they are. Look at how many people refused to believe that Obama was born in Hawaii. There aren't a huge lot of people that buy into that crap, but it continues to cynically sow seeds of division in this country with his base, and plays into white resentment that everything is a zero-sum game, and white Christians are getting left out, somehow.

You may not buy that Trump and his campaign colluded with the Russians, or willfully, but you really can't deny that they fiddle with our elections, and this Administration had no interest into looking into it, or to preventing it from happening again. So it probably will.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Russian conspiracy theories... :facepalm: Keep burying your head in the sand if you want. I won't...

Of course you won't mate. You've spent three years promoting a theory about collusion. As have CNN who wrote the article. I'm surprised you're still doubling down on this given that a lot of the source material from people like Steele has been proven to be fictitious.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Do you really not see why Trump and his mouthpieces go on about birtherism? He focused on Obama for ages, and now that we got a Jamaican-Indian-American woman running for VP they start it again. It's a way of turning the suspicions about Black and brown people that some white people have of them into the kind of "other" some deeply feel they are. Look at how many people refused to believe that Obama was born in Hawaii. There aren't a huge lot of people that buy into that crap, but it continues to cynically sow seeds of division in this country with his base, and plays into white resentment that everything is a zero-sum game, and white Christians are getting left out, somehow.

You may not buy that Trump and his campaign colluded with the Russians, or willfully, but you really can't deny that they fiddle with our elections, and this Administration had no interest into looking into it, or to preventing it from happening again. So it probably will.

Russians will likely try to interfere with elections in respect of influence. As will China and a bunch of other countries. It's Geopolitics 101. I'm not sure why Americans are shocked by this, given that the US interferes with elections and government around the globe at a much higher level.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

Yes, the birtherism stuff is pathetic.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Russians will likely try to interfere with elections in respect of influence. As will China and a bunch of other countries. It's Geopolitics 101. I'm not sure why Americans are shocked by this, given that the US interferes with elections and government around the globe at a much higher level.
The difference is the cyber influence in social media. The notion of it isn't new, but the methodology is, and it's much more insidious. Are you saying that, just because it's always been done that we shouldn't make efforts to stop it?

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Just to illustrate to everyone how much of a turd and non-scientist Fauci is, he apparently has been attacking the credibility of Dr. Harvey Risch of Yale for defending hydroxychloroquine. So much for credentials actually meaning something.

On the good news front, though, the White House finally hired the Stanford medical scientist Dr. Scott Atlas to its coronavirus task force. This happened far too late but it's about damn time they brought him in as a counterbalance to Fauci's buffoon act. Brianna Keilar of CNN attacked Atlas the other night. But again, so much for credentials actually meaning something.

And of course not a peep from Tinfoil Federturd about Risch's defense of HCQ. Federbergy went along with the establishment narrative about HCQ, even though most countries throughout the world had considerable success with it. Now this Yale doctor has been leading the charge in defense of hydroxychloroquine in the United States.

Hydroxychloroquine works in high-risk patients, and saying otherwise is dangerous
by Harvey Risch

| August 12, 2020 10:29 AM

Critic of coronavirus lockdowns and school closures made adviser to President Trump
by Cassidy Morrison, Healthcare Reporter |

| August 10, 2020 07:58 PM

The whole "listen to the science" rhetoric has been interesting to follow. It seems "listen to the science" means "listen to the scientists that align with my view".

Fauci's commentary on the Hydroxychloroquine narrative does have a "one doth protest too much" feel about it, and a lot of frontline physicians are using it with reportedly good results in many countries. Kind of strange that these narratives are getting censored.

It's also interesting that none of the articles referencing the research posted up on Lancet have been taken down (Fauci referenced it too). That data has since been proven to be false and taken down from Lancet.

This was an interesting letter.

I'm following this whole Hydroxychloroquine episode with a lot of interest.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The difference is the cyber influence in social media. The notion of it isn't new, but the methodology is, and it's much more insidious. Are you saying that, just because it's always been done that we shouldn't make efforts to stop it?
You can't stop it. Look up videos of bot farms. The notion that this is mainly done by Russians is also totally out of whack. Everyone is doing it. Not just countries but corporations and individuals... and probably the parties themselves. Anyone can create a Twitter bot.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
By the way Moxie - if you think we're in a dangerous time now regarding information, imagine what it'll be like in five or ten years or so?

Remember that "fairly authentic" video of Obama making a speech doing the rounds a year or so ago? Except it wasn't really Obama.

AI technologies - including video and speech synthesis are accelerating at a rapid rate. I guess within a short time frame, you'll have the tools to create a visually authentic video of Trump (or anyone else) saying whatever you want him to say... and then have bots post it in a million and one places.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

This is an example of a commercial click farm. This is actually pretty primitive. You could do a far more effective job with virtual machines on a bigger scale. Imagine what a government-sponsored bot farm would look like.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I'd also suggest watching the sessions at the World Economic Forum, particularly the technology-based ones, on how AI, Biotech, and Infotech will revolutionize the world. Some of it is exciting, a lot of it is frightening.

Watch this for starters (you might think it's boring at first, but it's fascinating).

I've read the book by the guy on right (21 Lessons for the 21st Century by Yuval Harari) - that's also a good read. You'll like it because there is a political dimension to it.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Of course you won't mate. You've spent three years promoting a theory about collusion. As have CNN who wrote the article. I'm surprised you're still doubling down on this given that a lot of the source material from people like Steele has been proven to be fictitious.
It's fascinating this preoccupation you have with CNN. There is an actual bipartisan Senate Report, but you won't focus on that. Somehow a partisan Benghazi scandal has substance but something actually real you stick your head in the sand. Anyway I'm not going to convince you, nor will your Murdoch infected world view have any influence on me either. We both move on...

• Haha
Reactions: britbox

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It's fascinating this preoccupation you have with CNN. There is an actual bipartisan Senate Report, but you won't focus on that. Somehow a partisan Benghazi scandal has substance but something actually real you stick your head in the sand. Anyway I'm not going to convince you, nor will your Murdoch infected world view have any influence on me either. We both move on...
Unpack the points and identify where Donald Trump colluded with Russia to win the election. That's what we're talking about right? You know it's not there.

As I've said time over, there is a lot of stuff to torch Trump over, yet the MSM and people still keep pursuing this line. $50+ million bucks and 3 years later... here we are. Yeah, let's move on.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Unpack the points and identify where Donald Trump colluded with Russia to win the election. That's what we're talking about right? You know it's not there.

As I've said time over, there is a lot of stuff to torch Trump over, yet the MSM and people still keep pursuing this line. $50+ million bucks and 3 years later... here we are. Yeah, let's move on.
I have neither the time or the inclination to go down this route with you. What would be the point? Read the Mueller Report, and read the Senate Intelligence Report, which by the way showed more definitively where the points of cooperation were. If that doesn't satisfy you, and why would it given your biases, then I sure as fuck am not going to waste the effort ;)

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It is not a preoccupation with CNN... it's disgust. If I want to watch right-wing narratives rather than news then Hannity is available on Fox. Left-Wing Trash - Maddow on MSNBC (following Fox's model for ratings). I take neither seriously. They just play to a base.

CNN was supposed to have been something a little more robust in it's reporting, yet we have clowns like Chris Cuomo and Don Lemon operating as ringmasters. At least Fox have the odd seasoned old-schooler like Chris Wallace asking a few awkward but perfectly reasonable questions.

US News as journalism rather than entertainment is usually trash.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mrzz World Affairs 2449
T World Affairs 13
britbox World Affairs 82
britbox World Affairs 1004
britbox World Affairs 46