US Politics Thread

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Does anything better characterize Moxie's mindset than this quote from an MSNBC producer's recent resignation letter?

"I understand that the journalistic process is largely subjective and any group of individuals may justify a different set of priorities on any given day. Therefore, it’s particularly notable to me, for one, that nearly every rundown at the network basically is the same, hour after hour. And two, they use this subjective nature of the news to justify economically beneficial decisions. I’ve even heard producers deny their role as journalists. A very capable senior producer once said: “Our viewers don’t really consider us the news. They come to us for comfort.”

That is exactly the case with MSNBC viewers such as Moxie. They are not looking for information or details, but reassurance and "comfort." That is why she can't even condemn Democratic governors for the idiotic decision to send elderly coronavirus patients into nursing homes, but instead has to blame Trump. She is looking for comfort, not truth or reality.

Personal news: why I’m now leaving MSNBC

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This is why I asked BB if he'd been paying attention, as to why Biden is the candidate, in the first place. Good point about if Americans want a revolution.

Tinfoil Federturd is, as usual, clueless, as are you in agreeing with him. The reasons that Biden won the primary were because a) the other candidates - including your fake Indian hero from Massachusetts and plastic face Kamala - all had glaring flaws and b) the Democratic establishment coordinated a scumbag hit on the Bernie campaign before Super Tuesday, by having Clyburn endorse biden in South Carolina (which Bill Clinton brought up at the funeral of john lewis) and by having Steyer, Klobuchar, and the homosexual Pilgrim boy all pull out of the race at once to artificially inflate Biden's vote.

Bernie Sanders is where the party's enthusiasm is. Whatever enthusiasm Biden has behind him is entirely about disliking Trump. It has nothing to do with Biden personally.

We got our supposed "Washington-outsider" voted in last time, and most people are not so happy with where it got us.

And where did it get you that's so bad? Record-low unemployment for blacks and Hispanics? The lowest unemployment rate in 50 years? No new Middle East wars, which you said you were against during the Bush years?

By the way, where have Democratic leaders gotten people in major cities? Increased crime? Mishandling the elderly in nursing homes?

The swing is clearly back to some middle-ground and safer place. Even with his flaws, true or perceived, Biden fills the bill for many.

Yeah, let's bring back the good old days when Obama was bombing weddings in Yemen and coordinating spy campaigns on political opponents with federal law enforcement. Things were so moderate and wonderful at that time.

But this is why the choice of running mate is so much under the microscope right now. I think there is a strong perception that Biden is a one-term solution to getting Trump out

You're just a pure establishmentarian. You'll go with whatever nonsense they tell you to believe.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I might have said it twice, maybe three times... but it's still more accurate than the incessant Trump/Russian collusion narrative that you've been pushing for three years or more.

Anyway, Joe seems like a nice genial guy. Just the wrong man at the wrong time.

Time will tell. I'm surprised Trump is polling as high as he is. However, Biden can't hide away from scrutiny forever. At some point, he's going to have to be cross-examined by media outside the likes of CNN and MSNBC who throw hardball pitches like Fauci.

I'm talking about the section of people who have been on the streets causing carnage, and those that implicitly support them. The revolutionary types crying "Burn it down by every means necessary" (they know who they are) and picking Biden over Sanders. You don't need to burn your neighbour's house down, you just vote Sanders.

This, combined with local Government run by the Democrats, more bothered about re-election than their own neighbourhoods getting torched by mobs. I say "own neighbourhoods" with tongue in cheek, because we saw what happened when protesters landed on the doorstep of the moronic mayor of Seattle. She soon changed her mind about the role of policing then.

Hypocrites, the lot of them.
it's fascinating that your take away from the protests is purely anarchic. The vast majority of those protests were peaceful. If I heard something from you about that and the meaning of that I would assign more credibility to your concerns. Sometimes it's worth taking a step back and asking yourself what will people say about those protests decades from now. I rather suspect the larger meaning will be somewhat different from your focus.

I'm not sure Biden is hiding mate, at least not for the reason you imply. Trump wants to dominate the media space and that was effective last time around, it's a perfectly rational strategy to let him do it now, without it being cowardice. It's just common sense. Nor am I surprised that Trump's support remains stubbornly around 40%, this is a highly partisan electorate that doesn't look like changing.

But I definitely agree with you. In a larger sense it's amazing that an incumbent that is so manifestly incompetent and frankly hasn't shown any desire to be President (not wanting to lose is completely different from wanting to keep the office) remains so popular. The state of America is dire

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
These were the aggregated poll figures on some of the swing states:

Wisconsin B: 48.0 T: 43.0 Biden +5.0
North Carolina B: 49.3 T: 44.7 Biden +4.6
Georgia B: 45.6 T: 47.2 Trump +1.6
Florida B: 49.7 T: 45.7 Biden +4.0
Pennsylvania B: 48.7 T: 44.0 Biden +4.7
Arizona B: 48.7 T: 45.0 Biden +3.7

One particular pollster to follow is the Trafalgar Group. They called the last election for Trump and got nearly all the states correct.

They've polled 5 states to date.

Florida: T: 45.94 B: 45.90 Trump +0.04

Minnesota: B: 49.2 T: 44.2 Biden +5.0

Georgia: T: 49.8 B: 43.3 Trump +6.5

Wisconson: T: 45.5 B: 44.6 Trump +0.9

Florida is going to be a huge battle ground. Trump didn't actually need Florida last time but if he's going to have a chance of winning, then (as it stands), he'll definitely need to win there IMO.
there are a lot of strong pollsters out there with decent records. Check out Rachel Bitecofer. She did very well during the mid-terms with a concept she calls negative partisanship. She predicts a Biden win.

So does this guy although I'm a bit sceptical...

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Britbox, this is just one of dozens of examples of how ridiculous Federberg’s claim that the Portland protests are overwhelmingly peaceful actually is:

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Okay Moxie, AntiPushyWhush, and Federbergy: one of your cult leaders (Chuck Schumer) just changed his position on schools reopening. Will you immediately change your position now to align with his? Will you just discard everything you have said about the supposed dangers of schools reopening? Or will you just admit that you only said what you did because your Democratic Party cult leaders told you what to think, so you repeated what they said?

You have received orders from in high. Comply!

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This is the human filth that Tinfoil Federturd and the Democrats are defending and calling “peaceful protestors”:

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
And here is yet another example of what Federturd is calling a “peaceful protest” in the aftermath of George Floyd’s death. The only caveat that I can add about this is that people who vote Democrat deserve to have their asses beaten like this at some point. They can enjoy the “peaceful protests” that way:

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
More “peaceful protests” in Chicago. Hopefully they are looting AntiPushyWhush’s Walgreen’s here to knock some sense into him. Also great to see the looters go after the Apple store.....the Big Tech censors richly deserve this.

This is what Moxie calls historical progress! The moral arc of the universe bending toward justice!

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Chicago and and Police Superintendent make clear that the looting was not related to any protest.

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I"m sorry, I posted this yesterday to the wrong thread.

This site takes from many polling sources to get an aggregate overview of different races, including the Presidential.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Chicago and and Police Superintendent make clear that the looting was not related to any protest.

Of course.....because they want to maintain their belief in the baseless lie that the "overwhelming majority" of the post-Floyd protests have been peaceful, and they want to cover up just how much looting, violence, and vandalism is actually going on across the country and specifically in Chicago/Portland.

I don't care what the public officials claim. Your article acknowledges that what instigated the looting was a supposed incident of police brutality. That was taken by the "community" as a cue to go ahead and loot. That same logic was exactly what resulted in the mauling of Minneapolis. What happened to Floyd was taken as sanction to annihilate the city. But, of course, the people doing this are a key constituency of the Democratic Party, so what they do has to be downplayed.

Also, my tongue-in-cheek remark about the "peaceful protests" was meant to mock the assessment of what occurred in Minneapolis specifically but in numerous cities generally in June. It was no different than what just happened in Chicago, and you and CNN and Tinfoil Federturd condoned all of it, whether it was in Minneapolis, Santa Monica, DC, New York, or Chicago.

It has also been laughable to see CNN and the idiots at the New Slavetrader Times and Washington Compost rationalize the violence in Seattle and Portland in recent weeks.

In the spirit of bipartisanship, however, I will credit Lightfoot for breaking up that gay event in Chicago for failing to socially distance. I was delighted to see her crack down on those white losers. We need more of that in this country. We can really do great things if we come together. Really and truly.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Tough one to explain away here for Moxie. Harris is descended from Irish slaveowners:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Maybe Folks are dumb enough not to understand why lots of Black people in this country are descended from slave owners.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Maybe Folks are dumb enough not to understand why lots of Black people in this country are descended from slave owners.

Right.....because there was MASS RAPE by WHITE MEN of black slave women. That was the primary form of interracial sex prior to 1865 when the evil Confederates were defeated by the honorable Native American-massacring Union side.

You really know your history, I have to say.

The fact is, Harris’s claim to being “black” is laughable. She is just as Irish as she is black and more Indian than she is white or black.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mrzz World Affairs 2449
T World Affairs 13
britbox World Affairs 82
britbox World Affairs 1004
britbox World Affairs 46