US Politics Thread

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Notice how Moxie asked me to address her post and claimed that I was neglecting it because I had nothing to say to it (in reality, I was just busy for a few days and wanted to give her post the thorough smackdown it deserved, which I eventually did). Now it has been almost a week and she has not addressed my rebuttal because she is the one who has nothing to say after her arguments were completely shut down.
Now I've been busy with work. And, tbh, I didn't even see this post.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Apparently you cannot read. I have said that I have no problem with people's beliefs, or how the cite the bible, if they live by their convictions.

Moxie, do you post when you're drunk? Or is some of Biden's senility rubbing off on you? Or both? This was your initial remark to me that got the ball rolling in this particular debate about people citing the Bible: "Keep selling your soul for a political agenda. See where that gets you, Mr. bible-citer. I thought you had some fear for your immortal soul." You clearly showed a contempt for citing of the Bible - because I was doing it for right-wing ends by referring to Leviticus on homosexuality and incest. But, as I have demonstrated, you are a total hypocrite because you never say a negative word about someone citing the Bible for left-wing ends (which was done repeatedly at John Lewis's funeral and also by the white homosexual Piligrim boy from Indiana more than anyone I have ever seen in my life).

But yeah, I'm sure you have no problem with people objecting to gay marriage or abortion on Biblical grounds "if they live by their convictions." Sure. So if someone objects to abortion or gay marriage on Biblical grounds, you have no problem with it? Please.

Again, you are a complete hypocrite. So many of your heroes cite the Bible for left-wing ends all the time but you never condemn them for it, just as you don't condemn the political operatives of the Lincoln Project for being among the lead proponents of the Iraq war, a war which you condemned for years. They actually hate Trump for his noninterventionist foreign policy views (views which you agreed with up until recently), but you don't care that you're being inconsistent.

That, however, is not my thing, so don't attribute any my beliefs to your citations of the bible.

Yes, I can see that with your little slight of not capitalizing the word "Bible." So let me return the favor by saying that I don't think much of obama or hillary.

But, if you want to take the Bible out of any discussion of sexual morality, be my guest. This was your initial quote on this particular point:

"I didn't cite Leviticus, you drew that conclusion. I'm talking about a long-held social stricture against incest, which has nothing to do with the bible. You brought that in. So I don't give a shit about what Leviticus says about incest or homosexuality. And I don't give a rat's ass if some people think homosexuality is "gross.""

As I explained in my other post, it is laughable for you to invoke "long-held social stricture against incest" when there have been millennia-long "social strictures" against homosexuality as well, across all races and all cultures. Why do the traditions of "long-held social strictures" matter in the case of incest but mean nothing in the case of homosexuality? Because you arbitrarily like one but not the other? That is not a consistent philosophical argument. That is simply you holding certain prejudices.

I have absolutely no doubt that in time we are going to see increasing advocacy on the left for incest, and that is because of what I explained above. There is not a single argument that someone has offered for gay marriage that can't also justify incest. It is only a matter of time until, for example, two lesbian cousins say they want to get married and accuse people who oppose it of being prejudiced. At that point, how will you possibly deny them their "right"? You have given them every argument in the book to justify their "relationship," including jettisoning traditional standards as obsolete.

As for the cultural reality, let me reiterate what I told the wannabe white Euro-leftist in Lebanon a few weeks ago: human beings are hard-wired against homosexuality. They are naturally prejudiced against it as a sociobiological matter. Religion only confirms this prejudice. The same goes for incest. Both behaviors are unnatural and it takes demented ideologies, such as yours, to convince them that this behavior is completely legitimate to the point of deserving the title of "marriage."

It's very sad that all you have to say about the eulogizing of the great John Lewis is to call it a campaign rally for Biden.

Bob Woodson - a highly intelligent black man - left the civil rights movement because of race-hustling frauds like john lewis, who was not a "great man," but a hack for the Democratic Party, which is why you love him. Lewis was completely ineffectual in helping low-income blacks improve their lives. He was a bigoted and petty idiot of the highest magnitude. But he was a member of the class of political blacks that you love so dearly - the race-hustling scumbags aligned with the Democratic Party (Sharpton, Obama, Maxine Waters, John Lewis, Black Lives Matter, etc.) - which profits off the dysfunction of black urban communities. That's why you revere him.

You and I both have our sets of politicized blacks that we like. You like the race-hustling scumbags of the Democratic Party. I like the right-wing dissidents like Bob Woodson. And if you truly are committed to the notion that not all groups are monoliths, you should listen to what Woodson has to say here in explaining why he left the Civil Rights movement after initially being allied with the likes of john lewis:

Last edited:

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Now I've been busy with work. And, tbh, I didn't even see this post.

Again, either dishonesty or senility. You saw the post because you commented on how I pointed out your philosophical inconsistency on the related questions of homosexuality and incest.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Again, either dishonesty or senility. You saw the post because you commented on how I pointed out your philosophical inconsistency on the related questions of homosexuality and incest.
I thought you said I didn't comment on your post? It's really hard to tell one from another, frankly, because you natter on so long and repeat the same things over and over again. Someone addresses your point, and you don't like that answer, so you just carry on and on and on....

Federberg has the right idea in ignoring you.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
bat shit crazy... :astonished-face:

Yep, it's frankly embarrassing how a sitting US President can be so poorly briefed or on top of the numbers.

Let's fly in an alternative to rescue the day. Maybe an elderly fella who can't remember his former boss's name or what state he's in from one day to the next would fit the profile.

As Don King famously said:

Dzj5uW6WkAYeD1c.png

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Yep, it's frankly embarrassing how a sitting US President can be so poorly briefed or on top of the numbers.

Let's fly in an alternative to rescue the day. Maybe an elderly fella who can't remember his former boss's name or what state he's in from one day to the next would fit the profile.

Dzj5uW6WkAYeD1c.png
If making fun of Biden is all you've got, you haven't been paying attention.

Reactions: Federberg

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I thought you said I didn't comment on your post? It's really hard to tell one from another, frankly, because you natter on so long and repeat the same things over and over again. Someone addresses your point, and you don't like that answer, so you just carry on and on and on....

Okay, so let's be brief: you are utterly incompetent in understanding black America and your ideas have done nothing but cause pain and failure for black urban communities in recent decades. The politicized blacks of the Democratic Party that you like are race-hustling scumbags. Certain blacks are tired of their act, and they are supporting Trump in 2020 as a result. These include the lifelong black Democrats Leo Terrell and Vernon Jones, who are each voting Republican for the first times in their lives in 2020.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

Dude, stop putting politics over science and listen to the experts. The experts, such as the CDC director, are saying that schools should re-open. Get with the program and follow the science. Kids are not at any significant risk from "covid":

CDC Director Urges Schools To Reopen In ‘Public Health Interest’
By Eric A. Blair
Published August 3, 2020 at 2:12pm

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions

Dzj5uW6WkAYeD1c.png
simply not a credible argument given the obvious issues with the incumbent. At the very least we know that Biden isn't going to be of the "I alone can fix it" school, which would be mitigation of itself. So it's very strange to me that you keep banging this drum...

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
simply not a credible argument given the obvious issues with the incumbent. At the very least we know that Biden isn't going to be of the "I alone can fix it" school, which would be mitigation of itself. So it's very strange to me that you keep banging this drum...

Which argument are you referring to exactly? I said it was a car crash interview with Trump. Not quite as bad when you watch the whole thing, but the highlights weren't pretty.

I haven't posted on the site for a couple of months, so not sure what drum "I keep banging"... other than my original comments that if Biden is the best the USA can put up in opposition to Trump, then the Democratic Party deserves to lose.

If the USA wanted a revolution, then Bernie Sanders would (or should) have won the Democratic nomination. I have no problem with Bernie, I like some of his policies, but he's too far left for my liking. But at least he is genuine and a straight shooter.

Tulsi Gabbard was my pick but she upset the Democratic party machine and the Clinton mafia by having a mind of her own and plumping for Bernie instead of HRC in 2016. The machine was against her, and the Democratic Party sheep membership follow that machine without question. Useful idiots.

Biden can't fix anything. He's a puppet choice who will be controlled by others. Similar to George Bush Jnr.

But I'm all ears... seeing as you think Biden should win this election... tell me why, what he stands for and what he can practically implement. Specifically... and without bringing Trump's name into it. Looking forward to your reply.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Tulsi Gabbard was my pick but she upset the Democratic party machine and the Clinton mafia by having a mind of her own and plumping for Bernie instead of HRC in 2016. The machine was against her, and the Democratic Party sheep membership follow that machine without question. Useful idiots.

You failed to mention the main issue with Gabbard, which is that she dissents from the DC orthodoxy on foreign policy, particularly intervention in Syria. Hillary and other DNC establishment morons accused her of being a Russian agent on that basis.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
You failed to mention the main issue with Gabbard, which is that she dissents from the DC orthodoxy on foreign policy, particularly intervention in Syria. Hillary and other DNC establishment morons accused her of being a Russian agent on that basis.
Yep. Unlike most other politicians, Gabbard has served in the military, She's not a career politician like Hillary Clinton who thinks foreign policy is like having a fun game of RISK with the family on a Sunday afternoon. Giggling about the death and carnage caused overseas.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It really is amazing that with all the talk among Democrats of the corruption of "Big Pharma," none of them ever question Fauci's connections to the pharmaceutical industry or how he clearly wants to be hailed as the hero who presided over the discovery of a vaccine. That background explains why, unlike most doctors throughout the world, Fauci has been so adamant in opposing hydroxychloroquine's use. He wants to be honored with a Nobel prize and wants his friends to cash in on a huge pay day with a new vaccine. HCQ is simply too easy a solution for a self-promoting egomaniac like Fauci to allow it to be the answer to this pandemic. Unfortunately thousands of lives have been lost as a result of Fauci's ego and Democrats' hatred of Trump/worshipping of Fauci.

Hidden FDA Document Explains Why Fauci Opposes Hydroxychloroquine, Top Doctors Explain

August 4, 2020

The possible treatment, shunned by the mainstream media and Big Tech, has far-ranging champions from Yale epidemiologists to frontline doctors to President Trump. Despite this support, corroborated by scientific studies, the medical establishment under the auspices of Dr. Anthony Fauci have refused to grant hydroxychloroquine “Emergency Use Authorization” (EUA).

July 29th documents from a Food and Drug Administration (FDA) presentation reveal, however, that the “qualifying criteria” for extending EUA to the drug appear to have been met: it “may be effective” and that “no adequate, approved, and available alternative” exists.

The document makes clear that Emergency Use Authorization cannot be used for more than one drug or therapeutic, and the establishment is potentially therefore saving the EUA pre-emptively for vaccines and remdesivir – patently high-value Big Pharma drugs – instead of hydroxychloroquine.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Which argument are you referring to exactly? I said it was a car crash interview with Trump. Not quite as bad when you watch the whole thing, but the highlights weren't pretty.

I haven't posted on the site for a couple of months, so not sure what drum "I keep banging"... other than my original comments that if Biden is the best the USA can put up in opposition to Trump, then the Democratic Party deserves to lose.

If the USA wanted a revolution, then Bernie Sanders would (or should) have won the Democratic nomination. I have no problem with Bernie, I like some of his policies, but he's too far left for my liking. But at least he is genuine and a straight shooter.

Biden can't fix anything. He's a puppet choice who will be controlled by others. Similar to George Bush Jnr.

But I'm all ears... seeing as you think Biden should win this election... tell me why, what he stands for and what he can practically implement. Specifically... and without bringing Trump's name into it. Looking forward to your reply.
your persistent snide comments about an "elderly fella who can't remember his former boss's name or what state he's in from one day to the next" ;) You've pushed that fairly often. And I see you're evolving your narrative so that now he's going to be a puppet.

I don't believe Biden was the most capable candidate, but elections are rarely won by the "most capable". Candidates need to meet the time. In the judgement of the Democratic primary electorate Biden was the best because he's a moderate who is less likely to scare away independents and moderate Republicans who are tired of Trump. Is that going to work? Time will tell. He's doing a pretty effective job at the moment, recognising that the moment is more about Trump, his corruption and incompetence. I don't know whether that will continue to be enough, but for the moment it seems that the pandemic, the economy and racial injustice are damaging Trump's chances.

I'm not sure why you think American voters want a revolution, it seems to me that they've had a taste of a so called anti-establishment figure shaking up the system. Do they want more of the same? The polls and the decisive rejection of Bernie would argue against that.

As for the rest of it... "sheep" and "useful idiots" has your absence left you irony impaired? You talk about the Democratic Party in those terms while watching what the GOP has become and Trump's supplication to Putin. And you come up with "sheep" for Democrats and the term "useful idiots"? Hilarious...

Anyway I'm too bored and tired to make regular contributions at the moment.

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
He's doing a pretty effective job at the moment, recognising that the moment is more about Trump, his corruption and incompetence.

Lol.....you want to talk about incompetence and corruption? Why don't you ask former Obama defense secretary Robert Gates what he thinks of Biden's competence? (We won't even get started on the corruption of the Biden family, which - as we saw with Burisma - knows no bounds.) With respect to competence, it is now evident to everyone that it was Democrats throughout the entire country who cost tens of thousands of American lives by suppressing the use of hydroxychloroquine. They were the incompetent ones in recent months. If doctors had been allowed and encouraged to use HCQ frequently and early on when patients were having symptoms, the high death totals in Democrat-run states would be much lower.

As president, Trump can't fix the dumbness and stupidity of the Democratic Party.

Gates Stands By Statement That Biden Has Been Wrong On Nearly Every Major Foreign Policy Question
Posted By Tim Hains
On Date May 13, 2019

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
your persistent snide comments about an "elderly fella who can't remember his former boss's name or what state he's in from one day to the next" ;) You've pushed that fairly often. And I see you're evolving your narrative so that now he's going to be a puppet.

I might have said it twice, maybe three times... but it's still more accurate than the incessant Trump/Russian collusion narrative that you've been pushing for three years or more.

Anyway, Joe seems like a nice genial guy. Just the wrong man at the wrong time.

I don't believe Biden was the most capable candidate, but elections are rarely won by the "most capable". Candidates need to meet the time. In the judgement of the Democratic primary electorate Biden was the best because he's a moderate who is less likely to scare away independents and moderate Republicans who are tired of Trump. Is that going to work? Time will tell. He's doing a pretty effective job at the moment, recognising that the moment is more about Trump, his corruption and incompetence. I don't know whether that will continue to be enough, but for the moment it seems that the pandemic, the economy and racial injustice are damaging Trump's chances.

Time will tell. I'm surprised Trump is polling as high as he is. However, Biden can't hide away from scrutiny forever. At some point, he's going to have to be cross-examined by media outside the likes of CNN and MSNBC who throw hardball pitches like Fauci.

I'm not sure why you think American voters want a revolution, it seems to me that they've had a taste of a so called anti-establishment figure shaking up the system. Do they want more of the same? The polls and the decisive rejection of Bernie would argue against that.

As for the rest of it... "sheep" and "useful idiots" has your absence left you irony impaired? You talk about the Democratic Party in those terms while watching what the GOP has become and Trump's supplication to Putin. And you come up with "sheep" for Democrats and the term "useful idiots"? Hilarious...

I'm talking about the section of people who have been on the streets causing carnage, and those that implicitly support them. The revolutionary types crying "Burn it down by every means necessary" (they know who they are) and picking Biden over Sanders. You don't need to burn your neighbour's house down, you just vote Sanders.

This, combined with local Government run by the Democrats, more bothered about re-election than their own neighbourhoods getting torched by mobs. I say "own neighbourhoods" with tongue in cheek, because we saw what happened when protesters landed on the doorstep of the moronic mayor of Seattle. She soon changed her mind about the role of policing then.

Hypocrites, the lot of them.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
These were the aggregated poll figures on some of the swing states:

Wisconsin B: 48.0 T: 43.0 Biden +5.0
North Carolina B: 49.3 T: 44.7 Biden +4.6
Georgia B: 45.6 T: 47.2 Trump +1.6
Florida B: 49.7 T: 45.7 Biden +4.0
Pennsylvania B: 48.7 T: 44.0 Biden +4.7
Arizona B: 48.7 T: 45.0 Biden +3.7

One particular pollster to follow is the Trafalgar Group. They called the last election for Trump and got nearly all the states correct.

They've polled 5 states to date.

Florida: T: 45.94 B: 45.90 Trump +0.04

Minnesota: B: 49.2 T: 44.2 Biden +5.0

Georgia: T: 49.8 B: 43.3 Trump +6.5

Wisconson: T: 45.5 B: 44.6 Trump +0.9

Florida is going to be a huge battle ground. Trump didn't actually need Florida last time but if he's going to have a chance of winning, then (as it stands), he'll definitely need to win there IMO.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

This is why I asked BB if he'd been paying attention, as to why Biden is the candidate, in the first place. Good point about if Americans want a revolution. We got our supposed "Washington-outsider" voted in last time, and most people are not so happy with where it got us. The swing is clearly back to some middle-ground and safer place. Even with his flaws, true or perceived, Biden fills the bill for many. But this is why the choice of running mate is so much under the microscope right now. I think there is a strong perception that Biden is a one-term solution to getting Trump out, and his VP pick will/should be in a strong position to lead the Democratic party to the following election. I've always liked Kamala Harris. Just saying.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mrzz World Affairs 2449
T World Affairs 13
britbox World Affairs 82
britbox World Affairs 1004
britbox World Affairs 46