US Politics Thread

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
There are reports that the people around Donald J. Trump are working hard to distract him because his mood swings have become more frequent, as the Meuller investigation intensifies. I feel sorry for the people who have to talk to this guy on a daily basis.
They have to try to explain the nonsense that he spouts on Twitter because he contracts government policy. In addition they have to calm him down and distract him, in case he does something very stupid. And he is the president who is supposed to lead them.
I won't be unhappy to see Kushner and Junior charged. Bunch of over privileged pretty boys who have probably gone through life getting away with god knows what. It's quite clear that Junior lied to Congress. I guess Trump hasn't realised yet that when the Dems have subpoena power Junior is going to be in peril

Reactions: Moxie and atttomole

Horsa

Equine-loving rhyme-artist
Reactions
Lol! I know I'm stating the obvious but Trump is a fucking moron. So folks who go grocery shopping need ID? Clearly he's never done it in his pampered life :facepalm:
Lol. What a laugh! Why do people need I.D. to go shopping if they're not buying age-restricted goods? (Saying that, I still need I.D. to buy alcohol sometimes & I am double the age of 18.)

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
so the Trump Administration has argued that refugees who have not crossed the border at check points have broken the law and they have used this as a justification for separating children less than 5 years of age from their families. Yet Donald Trump Junior has lied to Congress, is likely to be charged with conspiracy to defraud the American people, and goodness knows what else. But the orange freak is whining that if this happens it's a witch hunt and totally unfair. Given the scale of Junior's malfeasance in comparison to those poor Central Americans, what punishment will be condign enough to fit the 40yr old man baby's crime? Hmmmm....

Reactions: Moxie

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Trump has admitted that Jr's motive in attending the meeting was getting dirt and also claims he himself is not aware of the meeting. Jr testified that he never told anything about the meeting to Dad.

Even if Dad does not know about it, Jr is guilty of conspiracy as Trump has admitted to the purpose of meeting.

If Dad knew about it, Jr is guilty of lying in testimony in addition.

But, if Sr is saved and only Junior gets locked up, then it is easy to fix using a pardon. If it is the other way, then it cannot be fixed.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Trump has admitted that Jr's motive in attending the meeting was getting dirt and also claims he himself is not aware of the meeting. Jr testified that he never told anything about the meeting to Dad.

Even if Dad does not know about it, Jr is guilty of conspiracy as Trump has admitted to the purpose of meeting.

But, if Sr is saved and only Junior gets locked up, then it is easy to fix using a pardon. If it is the other way, then it cannot be fixed.
I think that Trump will fall into a trap he will never be able to get out of if he pardoned his own son. Mark my words

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

It's almost certain that Trump knew about it. Initially he denied the whole thing and now he is admitting, if piecemeal. It is also very likely that Mueller knows everything, which is why he wants to meet face to face with Trump.

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Trump was even claiming that he can pardon himself, why would not he pardon his son.
Trump’s whole life has been about finding loopholes in the legal system that he can exploit. There are so many loopholes that he will try to use to save his skin. He will continue pushing his luck as much as he can.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Trump was even claiming that he can pardon himself, why would not he pardon his son.
I'm not saying he can't or even won't. I'm saying it could be a catastrophic mistake for him to do so. It's not a good look. The politics of it would be terrible. Just imagine how he would fare in the next Presidential debate with that hanging over him. He will not be able to campaign as a law and order President

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I'm not saying he can't or even won't. I'm saying it could be a catastrophic mistake for him to do so. It's not a good look. The politics of it would be terrible. Just imagine how he would fare in the next Presidential debate with that hanging over him. He will not be able to campaign as a law and order President

It depends on who he is debating with.

Reactions: mrzz

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Mannafort and Cohen. Cohen and Mannafort. Looks like the swamp is starting to drain. Why do I get the feeling we're still in the early innings. This whole shit show is far from over..

Reactions: atttomole

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Mannafort and Cohen. Cohen and Mannafort. Looks like the swamp is starting to drain. Why do I get the feeling we're still in the early innings. This whole shit show is far from over..
A flurry of breaking news stories on Cohen and Manafort. This shows what kind of person Trump is. He is the hub of most of those corrupt activities. Trump is a very special character. He corrupts whoever he comes into contact with.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
A flurry of breaking news stories on Cohen and Manafort. This shows what kind of person Trump is. He is the hub of most of those corrupt activities. Trump is a very special character. He corrupts whoever he comes into contact with.
either he corrupts them or he attracts that type of person. I'll be fascinated to see how he deals with this. I don't expect his base to change their minds, but will this have an impact on independents? If the Republicans are smart they would at least activate the judiciary committees in both the House and Senate. Look like they're doing something. If they don't, then why would rational voters support them in the mid-terms?

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
either he corrupts them or he attracts that type of person. I'll be fascinated to see how he deals with this. I don't expect his base to change their minds, but will this have an impact on independents? If the Republicans are smart they would at least activate the judiciary committees in both the House and Senate. Look like they're doing something. If they don't, then why would rational voters support them in the mid-terms?
I heard that some polls are showing that some independents are moving away from Trump, but polls are less reliable these days. Republicans will not activate judiciary committees because they don’t seem to see the need for them. Even Lindsey Graham, who normally sounds reasonable, is now defending the revocation of security clearances from intelligence experts.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I heard that some polls are showing that some independents are moving away from Trump, but polls are less reliable these days. Republicans will not activate judiciary committees because they don’t seem to see the need for them. Even Lindsey Graham, who normally sounds reasonable, is now defending the revocation of security clearances from intelligence experts.
Graham flits and floats. Where he can give Trump a pass he does. It’ll be interesting to hear his take on Cohen.

I would just add that the polls were actually very accurate in terms of the percentages. They were within the margin of error but were undone by the electoral college

Reactions: atttomole

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Trump just got a nice boost from the illegal alien who killed the college girl in a small farm town in Iowa. I love how the media is calling him an "undocumented immigrant". They can't just say he is an illegal POS from Mexico? It sucks that the poor girl's death is just going to be about politics, we all know there are plenty of female joggers that meet this fate from horny dudes of all races.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mrzz World Affairs 2449
T World Affairs 13
britbox World Affairs 82
britbox World Affairs 1004
britbox World Affairs 46