US Open 2024 [Women] - Grand Slam

Status
Not open for further replies.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Actually Donna was the better player in the 1st set it was just those few UFE and a DF that cost her the 1st set
The level again has been great from both players, this have been one of the best matches of the USO so far
4 all in the 2nd set, such a shame it is in front of a small crowd
Donna converts on her 2BP with a bhand winner and wins the 2nd set 64
Going 3 sets
BTW It is 1.25am in the morning!
It's getting past my bedtime, I have to play tomorrow in 90 plus heat ..

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
This match finished at 2.15am, the latest womens match in history at the USO
Credit to both players
Zheng D Verkic 76(2) 46 62
Zheng reaches back to back USO QFs
Thanks Ladies the tennis was Tremendous!

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Well it is time for my sleep I have been up since 2.00am this morning it is now 4.30pm in the afternoon, I dont feel tired, for some strange reason
Anyway the tennis has been worth it, my husband thinks I am Insane :)

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Saba was my pick at the start of the tournament to win the USO, her title at Cinncy was just lethal won without dropping a set, her serve was just unreturnable in that tournament, the best serving all year from Saba
I have a feeling that Zheng will play her differently but she has to play like she did vs IGA at the French Games to have a good chance.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Well ESPN should not let him air his feelings on the match for starters, Brad wants to wear 2 hats a coach and a commentator, I also remembered when he coached Andy Murray they had big words and lead to Andy getting rid of Brad
It isn't that ESPN let him, they created the opportunity when he, Renee and Chris was on the desk. He was asked point blank about her loss and said she was fine in practice, but when she gets to the match those DF's run rampant. Renee took the liberty of taking over the camera and telling everybody, Brad especially why Coco is struggling. His comments are no different then Cahill speaking about Jannik's matches afterwards or Patrick when he worked at ESPN was asked about Serena's losses. It's the price those players will pay for employing someone who works in the booth.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
It isn't that ESPN let him, they created the opportunity when he, Renee and Chris was on the desk. He was asked point blank about her loss and said she was fine in practice, but when she gets to the match those DF's run rampant. Renee took the liberty of taking over the camera and telling everybody, Brad especially why Coco is struggling. His comments are no different then Cahill speaking about Jannik's matches afterwards or Patrick when he worked at ESPN was asked about Serena's losses. It's the price those players will pay for employing someone who works in the booth.
I just saw your post to me when I was closing down
I saw Renee take over and tell Brad why Coco is struggling etc, quite frankly I dont like it, Renee cant help herself at times, maybe she wants to coach Coco? I understand it is the price you pay for a coach who wears 2 hats, one in the booth and on the court, still Coco was in the press room, when this happened, another tennis journalist on social media, said she thought, regarding the timing it was in bad form, I tend to agree.Of course now there are people calling for Coco to get rid of Brad.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I just saw your post to me when I was closing down
I saw Renee take over and tell Brad why Coco is struggling etc, quite frankly I dont like it, Renee cant help herself at times, maybe she wants to coach Coco? I understand it is the price you pay for a coach who wears 2 hats, one in the booth and on the court, still Coco was in the press room, when this happened, another tennis journalist on social media, said she thought, regarding the timing it was in bad form, I tend to agree.Of course now there are people calling for Coco to get rid of Brad.
Renee is a piece of work. She's been harping on Coco's FH for 3 years. She always offers her unsolicited advice on camera about how to fix it. You're right maybe she does want to coach her. She probably wants any coaching job at this point, but she's not doing herself any favors w/ that big mouth. If I was looking for a coach, I wouldn't hire her and that potty mouth telling all my biz.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Jazz has to watch her bhand, a few UFE cost her in the latter part of the 1st set, and Muchova wins the 1st set 63
A enjoyable match so far, and quite frankly I dont want either player to lose :)

Status
Not open for further replies.