US Open 2024 [Women] - Grand Slam

Status
Not open for further replies.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
SHe probably didnt want to pay both coaches.. One thing I like about Coco is that she will come forward to the net which I think cost Venus when she got older. Vee should have came to the net when she hit her early 30s
Success isn't cheap. It's not like she's a challenger, Coco got mad $. If she wants to win multi-slams, she needs to build the right team around her and pay them before they go to her opponent's camp

Reactions: the AntiPusher

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Coco needs to think whenever Emma is stressed she changes the pace to Coco's Fh.. Coco can recognize it and counter.. she has to or her GS season is over! Come on Coco

Last edited:
Reactions: tossip

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I am switching from Brandons match to watch this match
One thing I admire with Emma is how composed on a court she is under any circumstances
This year she has improved out of sight

Reactions: shawnbm

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
It's over. Emma is Coco kryptonite. She is too consistent for this version of Gauff. But I need her to not punk out in the next round like she did at Wimbo

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
It's over. Emma is Coco kryptonite. She is too consistent for this version of Gauff. But I need her to not punk out in the next round like she did at Wimbo
No Coco's head is her kryptonite.. 12 dfs in the last set.. Heck.. I would be ok if she double faulted over the net but the bottom of the net is unacceptable..

Reactions: kskate2 and tossip

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
No Coco's head is her kryptonite.. 12 dfs in the last set.. Heck.. I would be ok if she double faulted over the net but the bottom of the net is unacceptable..
Do you think Coco should take a break her UFE count in Toronto was 45 and in Cinncy was 51, she went out early in both tournaments and her serve let her down big time, 19 DFs all match
60 UFE 19 of them were DFs

Last edited:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Do you think Coco should take a break her UFE count in Toronto was 45 and in Cinncy was 51, she went out early in both tournaments and her serve let her down big time, 19 DFs all match
60 UFE 19 of them were DFs
Coco game has regressed ever since she won the Open..She needs as you mentioned a technical coach

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Coco game has regressed ever since she won the Open..She needs as you mentioned a technical coach
I hope her team realize now what is needed, a technical coach, she is too good of a athlete, also Coco is mature enough to understand what is also needing in her game going forward having the right team behind her is Essential!

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
It is confirmed that Emma Navvaro with the win over Gauff in the 4th round is currently in the Top Ten live rankings
Coco Gauff will leave the Top 5 after the USO

Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Sabalenka into thje QFs with a SS win over the LL seeded player Mertens, who only received the seeding as Jabeur withdraw 62 64
Sabalenka becomes the first woman to reach 4 consecutive QFs at the USO since 2016
The last to do it was Serena Williams

Last edited:
Reactions: the AntiPusher

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Gosh this is a great level of play from both Zheng and Vekic in the 1st set on serve 4 all
Looks like there will be a TB for the 1st set
Yep TB for the 1st set, this has been one hell of a match, neither player giving an inch, hugging that baseline for sheer death

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
No. It's not the commentary but Eubanks is similar to a late round draft pick in the NFL. Eubanks may have maxed his tennis potentially
How old is Chris now
BTW did you know Gilbert was discussing Coco's loss on air while she was in the press room? that is low for a coach in my opinion, gee if Brad was my coach and I knew he was doing that on air, he would get my grief big time! and I thought Patrick M had a Potty Mouth!

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Donna all of a sudden making too many UFE off both wings and now a DF gives Zheng 5-2 advantage in the TB
Zheng 1st set 76(2)

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Actually Donna was the better player in the 1st set it was just those few UFE and a DF that cost her the 1st set
The level again has been great from both players, this have been one of the best matches of the USO so far
4 all in the 2nd set, such a shame it is in front of a small crowd
Donna converts on her 2BP with a bhand winner and wins the 2nd set 64
Going 3 sets
BTW It is 1.25am in the morning!

Last edited:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
How old is Chris now
BTW did you know Gilbert was discussing Coco's loss on air while she was in the press room? that is low for a coach in my opinion, gee if Brad was my coach and I knew he was doing that on air, he would get my grief big time! and I thought Patrick M had a Potty Mouth!
Told ya Brad Gilbert is a POS .. @tossip Miss Tossip will you find the dirt on Brad Gilbert so Coco can finally axe that oversized overrated. Azzclown . .

• Haha

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Vekic gets and give every ounce of her abilities, I have to give her credit for that

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Told ya Brad Gilbert is a POS .. @tossip Miss Tossip will you find the dirt on Brad Gilbert so Coco can finally axe that oversized overrated. Azzclown . .
Well ESPN should not let him air his feelings on the match for starters, Brad wants to wear 2 hats a coach and a commentator, I also remembered when he coached Andy Murray they had big words and lead to Andy getting rid of Brad

Last edited:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Is it me or does it looks like Donna is about to have an anxiety attack..hey I saw her smile at Pam and crew like hey I hear ya

Status
Not open for further replies.