US Open 2024 [Men] - Grand Slam

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Good to see Meddy is still receiving from the front row of the seats at the USO :)
I know he says it gives him more 'pop' on his returns, still...........................

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Unbelievable; 3 Aussies in the 4th Rd.! Probably been longer than the US who's been scratchin' for any kind of success, notwithstanding the efforts of Taylor, Tiafoe, Korda, Shelton, McDonald, & Paul! The GOLDEN AGE is well behind us when most countries would covet our A, B, & C Davis Cup teams w/ Sampras, Agassi, Chang, & Courier leading the way! I'm still sorta interested in this USO even w/o Novak in the draw! No Blog Update even though he up'd his record to 90+ match wins at each major! :astonished-face::face-with-hand-over-mouth::fearful-face::yawningface:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
My Italian will be going out in his match against Meddy still I,like his fight and he has played some entertaining points

Reactions: Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Medvedev (5) d Cobolli (31) 63 64 63
Meddy snap[ed a 3 match losing streak in his previous match at the USO, I would not count him out, he is a past champion at the USO and likes the pace and the court at the USO
Meddy has reached the 2nd week at the USO for the 6th straight year.
Since 2020, no one has racked up more hard court wins than him!

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
USO Fourth Round,

Sinner - Paul
Medvedev - Borges
Draper Machac
de Minaur - Thompson
Ruud _ Fritz
Zverev - Nakashima
Rublev-- Dimitrov
Tiafoe - Popyrin

Reactions: AnonymousFan

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
Two Slams won by the remaining 16, with only single Slam winners. Both the Sinner and Medvedev matches have upset potential, too.

Love the fact that one of the bottom eight is going to be in the final. Lots of backed up man-jewels in that lot.

Anyhow, while it seems Sinner's title to lose, not sure how this one is going to turn out. I'd love to see Zverev finally get his trophy, even if he's a total sphincter, and a Dimitrov win at age 33 would be fun, making him the oldest first-timer since Andres Gimeno in 1972. But who knows, maybe Rublev makes it past the QF.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Two Slams won by the remaining 16, with only single Slam winners. Both the Sinner and Medvedev matches have upset potential, too.

Love the fact that one of the bottom eight is going to be in the final. Lots of backed up man-jewels in that lot.

Anyhow, while it seems Sinner's title to lose, not sure how this one is going to turn out. I'd love to see Zverev finally get his trophy, even if he's a total sphincter, and a Dimitrov win at age 33 would be fun, making him the oldest first-timer since Andres Gimeno in 1972. But who knows, maybe Rublev makes it past the QF.
Last year's match between Sascha Zverev and Sinner ar the USO was for me the best tennis I have seen in a long time on the hard court. Is it fair to say that Sascha Zverev is the final hope for the lost Gen? We know that Pegasus's team is dysfunctional and Keli named big haired dude has a new mentalist named Safin which means it may be a while before either one of them is ready to truly be considered a grand slam threat.

Last edited:

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Last year's match between Sascha Zverev and Sinner ar the USO was for me the best tennis I have seen in a long time on the hard court. Is it fair to say that Sascha Zverev is the final hope for the lost Gen? We know that Pegasus's team is dysfunctional and Keli named big haired dude has a new mentalist named Safin which means it may be a while before either one of them is ready to truly be considered a grand slam threat.
This is hair dude's best chance to break the QF curse. If he can keep his head straight, but I'm rooting for Big Foe in that section of the draw.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
MTO for Rublev self harming himself with his racquet and needed attention for the cut on his hand
I am over Rublev full stop he needs professional help Enough is Enough I wont be watching any more of his matches!
Dimitrov is leading 5-2 1st set, and I hope he goes onto to win this match!

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
MTO for Rublev self harming himself with his racquet and needed attention for the cut on his hand
I am over Rublev full stop he needs professional help Enough is Enough I wont be watching any more of his matches!
Dimitrov is leading 5-2 1st set, and I hope he goes onto to win this match!
Well Its gonna hurt Marat Safin's resume as being a tennis "mentalist" .. I think the big hair dude was his ONLY and most well known client! Too bad , it might have been a good career move for the Big Russian!

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Well Its gonna hurt Marat Safin's resume as being a tennis "mentalist" .. I think the big hair dude was his ONLY and most well known client! Too bad , it might have been a good career move for the Big Russian!
I am sick and tired of Rublev saying he will change, talk is cheap, actions speak louder than words full stop, I have been saying since last year he needs Professional Help, I am over him.
It is also not a good look for tennis fans have to watch his mental outbursts and self harming on court. I see enough self harm victims at the hospital I work at I dont need to see self harm on a tennis court!

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Fritz v Ruud next, actually Fritz has been playing good ball at the USO so far, lets see how far he can go this year.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Bit of rain about at present outside court play has been suspended
Play about to restart on outside courts

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Fritz leading Ruud 2 sets to 1

Going 5 sets match between Dimitrov v Rublev ( I am only SB that match )

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Dimi is ballin w/ his bestie Rena watching! Sends big hair packing. Can he win this?