US Open 2024 [Men] - Grand Slam

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
This would really be the time for an American to step up. They can’t have asked for a better set of circumstances in their favor.

Personally, I would love for Ruud to stop piddling around and actually play in a manner that says he wants it. He shows up to matches, and while I know he is limited as far as his game goes when matched against certain players, but he just plays, and he doesn’t play as though he wants to take it and win. He plays like ok we will see what happens.

Reactions: the AntiPusher

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I definitely thought Djokovic's draw was the hardest for rounds 2, 3 and 4.
Novak in the past has had favored draws, you have to agree with that, after he played Djere, who had to retire, sad to say, actually Djere should have won the 2nd set, Novak's form was poor, I knew when he was to face Pop it would be a real test and it was, all credit to Pop he deserved his win, Novak said he was the worst he has played and the worst serving he has had, I agree. If the serve is still a problem like it was against Pop, maybe he should get Goran back for awhile just to figure out his serve more and to see what is the problem behind it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Front242

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
And considering that Rafter and Roddick never won a slam outside of the US Open, that makes Rafa the only player to win both versions of the Triple Crown, as he has also won the French Open, Wimbledon, and US Open in the same year.
Phil,
There is only 'One Triple Crown ' in the history books, regardless if Rafa won both versions of it :)

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Novak in the past has had favored draws, you have to agree with that, after he played Djere, who had to retire, sad to say, actually Djere should have won the 2nd set, Novak's form was poor, I knew when he was to face Pop it would be a real test and it was, all credit to Pop he deserved his win, Novak said he was the worst he has played and the worst serving he has had, I agree. If the serve is still a problem like it was against Pop, maybe he should get Goran back for awhile just to figure out his serve more and to see what is the problem behind it.
I didn't watch anything except 2 minute highlights but he served brilliantly against Alcaraz at the Olympics so wonder was it a case of the yips or some upper body strain. Not like he doesn't know how to serve as he proved in the Olympic final where he serving was top notch.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I didn't watch anything except 2 minute highlights but he served brilliantly against Alcaraz at the Olympics so wonder was it a case of the yips or some upper body strain. Not like he doesn't know how to serve as he proved in the Olympic final where he serving was top notch.
Agree with his serving at the Olympics just brillant, though something happen to his serve at the USO, I feel if it is a concern, maybe he should get Goran back that is all, for awhile to get the yips out of his serve

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Draper is leading Botic ( or Buttock) 2 sets to love 63 64
Draper is using his big lefty serve to his advantage in this match, when Carlos was playing Botic, his serve was practically non existent, sad to say
Draper too good today for Botic won in straight sets 63 64 62!
Jack into Round 4 for the 2nd time he will play Fronty's player Machac next:)

Last edited:
Reactions: AnonymousFan

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Watching Sinner's match now and Serena Williams is in Ashe stadium watching his match as well :)
Jannik d McConnell 61 64 62
I know Jannik has a sweet tooth, though he says he prefers Coca Cola to alcohol? what kind of Italian is he :)
A good first week for Jannik in NYC
Jannik has reached R16 of all 4 slams in 2024
He had 45 winners today
71-7 since USO 2023
51-5 in 2024
Jannik will play the winner of Paul v Diallo
Jannik Forza!

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
AP,
If you are around that Canadian, Gabriel Diallo, with the 'wonderful curly hair" is playing Tommy Paul, he does have a good serve and he will need it today against Paul
Qualifer Diallo does have a good serve, 1st set went to a TB and Gabe won it 76(5) over Paul, plus Tommy could not convert any of his BP chances, too many UFE in the TB as well.
Tommy is now leading 2 sets to 1
Diallo shows promise, he did defeat Fils in his previous match, Tommy now has found his game and not committing the UFE he did in the 1st set.Of course Diallo now has a break in the 4th set lol!

Last edited:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Fronty please do we all have to sit through another GS failure of Zeds, we will all have to be heavily sedated..........No thanks:)
I tell you what that's the one person that Sinner does not want to see in NY..Zeds may take this

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I tell you what that's the one person that Sinner does not want to see in NY..Zeds may take this
Leave my Italian alone or we will have words Capice :) I wont watch another final with Zed unless I am heavily sedated, or if he plays against Sinner
Dont bring up Zeds wing span okay :)
Sinner if they meet will target Zeds fhand we have seen it before collapse, anyway that is a long way off,plenty of more matches before the final

Last edited:
  • Haha

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
AP
Watch your Dark Horse Gabe play against Tommy he has game, won the 1st set in a TB and now has a break in the 4th set
Not anymore they are back on serve

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I am going to watch my other Italian Arnaldi playing Thompsen
Tight match as I thought, I need some fresh air it is the first day of Spring here, lovely blue skies, I will go for a run in this great weather while it lasts:)

Last edited:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
AP
Watch your Dark Horse Gabe play against Tommy he has game, won the 1st set in a TB and now has a break in the 4th set
Not anymore they are back on serve
Yeah the dark horse's fh is not consistent the American with two first names got this one

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Speaking of your Italian, how did Fronty and the tennis officials let Sinner get off with a positive drug test. I wasn't able to monitor it, what exactly happened

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Fiero425