US Open 2023 [Men] - Grand Slam

Status
Not open for further replies.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Getting back to Felix, this is the type of player he needs to build his confidence but it needs to be in straight sets. Felix needs to unmerciful and relentless like uncle AP in a Latin American with the Latinas ladies .. focused and on the prowl like a young Lion in a world of lambs.. ( I'm serious, you can't be a nice sweet chump if you want the desired results) IMO

Reactions: Fiero425

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Felix just dropped the first set by double faults in the TBR..that's the biggest no no you can do in a TBR

• Wow
Reactions: Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Fucsovics defeated Korda (31) in 5 sets, 64 in the final set, not surprised by the result Korda coming in with an ankle problem, though he did push the match to 5 sets

Reactions: Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Watching 2 matches and I have Todd Woodbridge as a commie, saying that best thing that Stef was to get rid of dad as his coach and hire Mark P as his full time coach Stef leading Milos 5-2 1st set
Edit Stef 1st set 62 over Milos, Milos does have a lot of strapping on his left knee

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Felix still looks stressed to me on court, though it would help his cause not to DF a the TB
I always thought FAA was a good athlete and usually a pretty clean striker of the ball, but I am often confounded by his shot selection and lapses of concentration. I never saw him as winner on the big stages of the sport. McDonald is a canny player that makes the most of the talent he has. We’ll see if FAA can come back.

After yet another error from FAA, I am going to watch Halys v Bonzi. In my book, FAA is Monfils-lite (without the winning personality).

Last edited:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Love 40 Come on Felix. Even the American crowd is calling your name..Felix Felix

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
He did it again CHOKED .who does that match game 0-40 and can't win another point

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
why are they taking all this time w/ this tribute and in between matches? :facepalm: Why not have all this before the first match is played at seven pm

• Angry
Reactions: nehmeth

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
why are they taking all this time w/ this tribute and in between matches? :facepalm: Why not have all this before the first match is played at seven pm
Don't waste your time. Turn to + and watch some other matches

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
I miss the days when the US Open was on CBS. The coverage quickly went downhill when it was moved to ESPN.

We're lucky to have any tennis on Nat'l TV! The stars aren't there as they once were with the major problem "the US stinks!" Our male players are marginal at best & we haven't had anything worthy of international merit since Roddick of all people; Fed's personal pigeon! It's the reason Serena & Venus could have so much adoration w/ the masses here to the last! We just haven't had much to cheer w/ the Big 3 ensconced at the top for 2 decades! We'll see if Gauff can coninue to ascend the ranks! Brady could come back strong! I don't see too much happening w/ Tiafoe & Fritz! They could steal a Masters or 1 major w/ how top players are breaking down! Consistency just won't be there as w/ Roger & Novak! :face-with-head-bandage: :astonished-face: :fearful-face: :yawningface:

Status
Not open for further replies.