US Open 2023 [Men] - Grand Slam

Status
Not open for further replies.

lomaha

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
He has had some injury concerns, maybe a reason he has lost his confidence on court, usually he is very confident young man, losing matches recently probably has put him 'mentally in a dark place".
He has had back problems for a long time and I think it has done a lot of damage to his selfconfidence. He doesn't look like the old Rune..He has a lot of ambitions and maybe the pressure is getting to him. He really needs to take a step back and don't come back untill he is totally fit again.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
He has had back problems for a long time and I think it has done a lot of damage to his selfconfidence. He doesn't look like the old Rune..He has a lot of ambitions and maybe the pressure is getting to him. He really needs to take a step back and don't come back untill he is totally fit again.
He certainly didnt show a lot of self confidence on court today, though he was coming into the USO with back spasm problems, which is always going to be in the back of his mind. He is too talented, a break to get his physical problems sorted out would be the wisest decision.

Reactions: AnonymousFan

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Holger Rune has officially hit the "wall" both mentally and physically. In my opinion, he needs to have a break from tennis at least a month, in my opinion. There's no need for him to push through this injury.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Yeah, wise words. A back injury is one of the worst for a tennis player. Has to get this one right. Hopefully he doesn’t rush it, he’s a great asset to the sport..

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Almost every time I watch Rune, I have a sinking feeling he will battle with injuries his whole career, much like Nishikori

Nah, it’s just the Djokovic lucky draw generator in full mode. If Rune was on the opposite side of the draw he would have reached the SF or further.

• Haha
Reactions: Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Almost every time I watch Rune, I have a sinking feeling he will battle with injuries his whole career, much like Nishikori
Holger has a better athletic physique to me than Nishikori, not as wiry, I feel he needs more time in the gym to get his body stronger, he is only 20 and has time on his side to get physically stronger, today he picked up a injury behind his left knee took a MTO and appeared okay.
I feel he has to take time out of the game and get his physical injuries cleared, he was having back spasms which need rest and time off the court

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Oh, I hope not. I think Rune is an exciting, relatively new presence. It would be so disappointing if his career becomes riddled with injuries.
This is where he needs to listen to his coaches or fitness coaches regarding about listening his body.

Jannik Sinner was like that last year. Then, Darren Cahill came to his team and said, "We will change on how you handle your physical fitness."

While Rune is only 20 years old, he needs to start develop some good habits. He does not want to have lingering injuries especially at a young age.

Last edited:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
He has had some injury concerns, maybe a reason he has lost his confidence on court, usually he is very confident young man, losing matches recently probably has put him 'mentally in a dark place"

Holger has a better athletic physique to me than Nishikori, not as wiry, I feel he needs more time in the gym to get his body stronger, he is only 20 and has time on his side to get physically stronger, today he picked up a injury behind his left knee took a MTO and appeared okay.
I feel he has to take time out of the game and get his physical injuries cleared, he was having back spasms which need rest and time off the court
Holger Rune problem is that he is 20 years old and feels that he is invincible which all of us at one period in our late teens or roaring 20s had that attitude and mentally.. That being said, Holger plays way too much and really has been the architect of his health demise. He needs to take a few weeks off , review some old videos of himself and go spend time at the Nadal Academy.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I like Eubanks but I'm going to use my ESPN+ to watch FAA . I not sure how long Felix will be there in NY

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Holger Rune problem is that he is 20 years old and feels that he is invincible which all of us at one period in our late teens or roaring 20s had that attitude and mentally.. That being said, Holger plays way too much and really has been the architect of his health demise. He needs to take a few weeks off , review some old videos of himself and go spend time at the Nadal Academy.
Well I said that in my post to Nethmeth, he needs to take a break and get his injuries healed first, before anything else.Though to me he needs to spend time in the gym and get his body stronger as well, Patrick M was in his box today, I dont know if he is back coaching him again, or it was only for the USO

Last edited:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Okay I can't believe this style of play by Felix is accepted by Toni Nadal. McDonald just serve 90 mph serves and Felix tried to return with a half hearted slice..two in a row. What I am saying is Felix needs to be more engaged to try to break service but he doesn't appear to be involved in that part of the game. His cc FH is open stance but he doesn't appear to increase his acceleration which will not keep the ball in the court.. This is Why these lower ranked players are staying close with him and this is not the guy to be taken lightly..just my two cents worth

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com

Why zero in on Rune? He won't be the only player w/ health issues! It's already quite evident most players will break down due to speed of the game w/ the grind of tour! From the King/Prince of 250's, Rublev / Ruud, they have the same problem; perform and win one week, then crash & burn in the next event! Piling these tourneys up like this is not beneficial to the elites who attempt to make SF & Finals consistency! The "also rans" appreciate the early round money and occasional forays into SF/F's for points! :face-with-head-bandage: :face-with-hand-over-mouth: :astonished-face: :fearful-face: :face-with-tears-of-joy:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Why zero in on Rune? He won't be the only player w/ health issues! It's already quite evident most players will break down due to speed of the game w/ the grind of tour! From the King/Prince of 250's, Rublev / Ruud, they have the same problem; perform and win one week, then crash & burn in the next event! Piling these tourneys up like this is not beneficial to the elites who attempt to make SF & Finals consistency! The also rans appreciate the early round money and occasion forays into SF/F's for points! :face-with-head-bandage: :face-with-hand-over-mouth: :astonished-face: :fearful-face:
You make a very valid point my friend.. they may all be one in the same

Last edited:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Well I said that in my post to Nethmeth, he needs to take a break and get his injuries healed first, before anything else.Though to me he needs to spend time in the gym and get his body stronger as well, Patrick M was in his box today, I dont know if he is back coaching him again, or it was only for the USO
Strength training is good but he needs muscle recovery..no playing and let the back fully heal. Swimming and other water aerobics can strengthen the lower back and lower core.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Strength training is good but he needs muscle recovery..no playing and let the back fully heal. Swimming and other water aerobics can strengthen the lower back and lower core.
I realize that, of course no play or strength training until that back heals, I read he was getting acupuncture for his back? No No NO, I had acupuncture for my hip flexor injury and made it worse.

• Wow
Reactions: the AntiPusher

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I am surprised that Korda is playing 5 sets, after his ankle injury at Winston Salem, had to withdraw
Oh well see if he wins against Fucsovics

Reactions: AnonymousFan
Status
Not open for further replies.