US Open 2023 [Men] - Grand Slam

Status
Not open for further replies.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I agree. Fritiz or Tiafoe. Shelton might still be a little green, but I think it would be fantastic for him. He’s the only one of the Americans I see with potential to upset Novak.
It's not even about slaying Djoke. It's more about having something enjoyable to watch at the QF stage of a major.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Frances Tiafoe is the only American that would have beaten Sinner last night. This is why I am hoping that Tiafoe takes care of business tonight. He's the only one on that half of the draw that can beat Djokovic. If Djere can win the first 2 sets against Djokovic, then Tiafoe has a chance, although he will need to play at the level he played against Rafa and Alcaraz last year.
Sometimes I read your posts and I’m ashamed that I am from Philly. Did you watch the match against Djere? Did you see the stats breakdown of winners to unforced errors? Novak was playing well in those first two set, certainly above his B game. Djere was on a whole other level and keeping Novak on his heels. After the second set, Novak made a decision to get back on the baseline; that’s the only way I can describe it and he took the ground. Tiafoe would have been out in three against that level of Djere.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
It's not even about slaying Djoke. It's more about having something enjoyable to watch at the QF stage of a major.
Well, I don’t normally watch Fritz as he isn’t entertaining. And Novak gasping for air as he bakes on court isn’t my idea of entertainment either, but that’s what‘s on the plate.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I agree. Fritiz or Tiafoe. Shelton might still be a little green, but I think it would be fantastic for him. He’s the only one of the Americans I see with potential to upset Novak
Good LORD Fritz why wouldn't you jump in the 2nd serve at 30-40.. Novak's serve was Always gonna be short in the box . Good grief Tennis IQ you don't have

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Who'd a thunk? Fritz finally gets another break.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Who'd a thunk? Fritz finally gets another break.
He ain't gonna do anything with it but give it back he not good at consolidation of a service break.. @Moxie Moxie , Sasha has far bigger cojones on the court than Taylor's sack

Last edited:

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
That surprised me. I don’t recall him getting angry at Serbian fans before?
He did it a few times when he played in Belgrade and the crowd got involved too much during the points, yelling at him what to do and stuff. I think it was similar here, someone yelled during that lob and it confused him, maybe they yelled let it go and the ball landed just on the line.

Reactions: tented

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa had no business even with a torn abdominal muscle losing to the likes of Fritz...that match costs Rafa a possible 3 slams. Damnit

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The reason I am more excited about Shelton is that he will blast the ball, at the same time, he will go to the net to give a different look. He will get beaten in straights, but he will definitely try different shots. Basically, like Tsonga.

As for Fritz, that was...pathetic!

Status
Not open for further replies.