US Open 2023 [Men] - Grand Slam

Status
Not open for further replies.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
For my money Tommy Paul is the top playing American...ask Carlitos
It's a matchup issue. Tommy wouldn't bring that same level to Red. The American would quickly find himself getting bossed from the baseline.

As evidenced by their SF mtg in Canada

Reactions: the AntiPusher

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Can someone throw in the towel please

Attachments

• IMG_20230905_155205.gif
    IMG_20230905_155205.gif
    135.7 KB · Views: 21

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I know I've already mentioned before how dense Tay is. Djoke is nowhere near his best and is slumping over alot. Can Taylor even keep the ball in the court and force Djoke to move? So far he keeps hitting the ball right back to the ole man :facepalm:
It pretty much sums up this match. This is straight up boring. Big Foe if he gets past Ben should be more fun, he ain't gonna fold like this.

PhiEaglesfan712

Masters Champion
Reactions
At least. With Novak still around, and Charly ascending, US men aren’t going to win.

Edit: which American would have beaten Sinner last night? Any?
Frances Tiafoe is the only American that would have beaten Sinner last night. This is why I am hoping that Tiafoe takes care of business tonight. He's the only one on that half of the draw that can beat Djokovic. If Djere can win the first 2 sets against Djokovic, then Tiafoe has a chance, although he will need to play at the level he played against Rafa and Alcaraz last year.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
It pretty much sums up this match. This is straight up boring. Big Foe if he gets past Ben should be more fun, he ain't gonna fold like this.
Don,
I could not take any more of this match, I am re- watching a womens match Rybakina v Cirstea, great match, I am just SB Novaks match at present, hopefully Ben will have a good match up against Frances later

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I actually want to see Ben Shelton win today. He might not beat Djokovic, but I am very curious on how the young American will play against Djokovic.

It will definitely be better than what is Fritz producing right now!

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Frances Tiafoe is the only American that would have beaten Sinner last night. This is why I am hoping that Tiafoe takes care of business tonight. He's the only one on that half of the draw that can beat Djokovic. If Djere can win the first 2 sets against Djokovic, then Tiafoe has a chance, although he will need to play at the level he played against Rafa and Alcaraz last year.
No. PE ..Sinner would have blasted Foe off the court IMO..Sasha Zverev was committed to keeping Jannik penned to the baseline..they ran each other's junk into the concrete last night.. Foe takes too many mental breaks during the match which you CAN'T vs Novak! Trust me both players especially Sinner is feeling what Clubber Lane predicted before his fight vs Rocky Balboa...PAIN

IMG_20230905_155005.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
In the press room, someone must ask Fritz: “What exactly did you and Michael Russell come up with as a game plan today? Or did that conversation not even occur?“
He is 0-7 against Novak for a reason. Novak’s biggest opponent is the heat and humidity, certainly not the sunken eyed Californian.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I actually want to see Ben Shelton win today. He might not beat Djokovic, but I am very curious on how the young American will play against Djokovic.

It will definitely be better than what is Fritz producing right now!
I agree. Fritiz or Tiafoe. Shelton might still be a little green, but I think it would be fantastic for him. He’s the only one of the Americans I see with potential to upset Novak.

Reactions: Fiero425
Status
Not open for further replies.