US Open 2023 [Men] - Grand Slam

Status
Not open for further replies.

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
To me personally, Tsitsipas has never been the same since that 2021 RG Final loss. Yes, his backhand and return of serve have not improved at all, however, watching him in his matches, he lost that mental "edge" ever since the 2021 RG Final match. Before that match, he was actually competing well. After the match, it seems that he losing close matches to anyone in the draw.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
To me personally, Tsitsipas has never been the same since that 2021 RG Final loss. Yes, his backhand and return of serve have not improved at all, however, watching him in his matches, he lost that mental "edge" ever since the 2021 RG Final match. Before that match, he was actually competing well. After the match, it seems that he losing close matches to anyone in the draw.
Oh, but he says he’s going to win multiple majors. I think that explains the hair …

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Seriously, though, I think you’re spot on. He (and Medvedev and Zverev) were all affected by those GS losses. I can only imagine the nightmares, knowing I was 2-0 up, and had three chances to win just one more set — and completely blew it.

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Oh, but he says he’s going to win multiple majors. I think that explains the hair …
Ever since that 2021 RG Final, Tsitsipas has won 1 major title (2022 Monte Carlo) and has reached one big final (2023 AO), that's it. Like he is not even doing well in other big tournaments either. That's why I feel like that one match (2021 RG Final) changed him in a negative way.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Ever since that 2021 RG Final, Tsitsipas has won 1 major title (2022 Monte Carlo) and has reached one big final (2023 AO), that's it. Like he is not even doing well in other big tournaments either. That's why I feel like that one match (2021 RG Final) changed him in a negative way.
That’s really unimpressive, isn’t it? It’s been over 2 years, and he’s only achieved that much? And now Alcaraz is flying past him.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I am impressed how Dom has returned Ben's serve so far in this match, Ben serving big bombs, though I would like Ben down the track to get another coach than his dad, he shows impatience at times in his service games, which leads to silly ufe errors, great running fhand from Ben!

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
That’s really unimpressive, isn’t it? It’s been over 2 years, and he’s only achieved that much? And now Alcaraz is flying past him.
100% Unimpressive for sure. At least with Zverev, he won another ATP Final trophy, won multiple M1000 tournaments and has been consistent in most big tournaments.

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

He's turning into the Dimitrov of his generation.

Reactions: shawnbm

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Thiem is having the nerves and said he doesn't feel good..So he tapped out...WT heck

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Thiem is having the nerves and said he doesn't feel good..So he tapped out...WT heck
Looks like there is some flu circulating around. I am curious for Thiem's explanation if there was something else. Some say he struggled to breathe and maybe it was an anxiety attack? Eubanks felt ill today and sadly lost to Bonzi. Jabeur was battling illness yesterday, but she managed to win.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Paul is looking as though he‘s heading home soon, if he doesn‘t turn things around against Safiullin. Lost the first set and down a break here in the 2nd.

Status
Not open for further replies.