Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
This Chris Evert is :devil :s :nono

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
1972Murat said:
Sucks. I thought this was going to be a good tournament for Milos. He hasn't lost this early in a slam in ages.

And you were not the only one.
Everything was wrong today with him.
Firstly, his mood, he pulled an Andy Murray impersonation, yelling to his box repeatedly, through the first two sets, before physical issues surfaced. I have never seen him doing this.
My guess was that his shots were not working well and he wasted about 8 BP, letting Harrison of the hook.
I do not know about the wrist, but what was the lethal factor for him, was he starting cramping in the third set.
That is why he lost so swiftly in the fourth, when he hardly moved .
Altogether, it was a terrible match.
:mad:

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
herios said:
1972Murat said:
Sucks. I thought this was going to be a good tournament for Milos. He hasn't lost this early in a slam in ages.

Firstly, his mood, he pulled an Andy Murray impersonation, yelling to his box repeatedly through the first two sets before physical issues surfaced. I have never seen him doing this.

My guess was that his shots were not working well and he wasted about 8 BP, letting Harrison off the hook. I do not know about the wrist, but what was the lethal factor for him; was he starting cramping in the third set? That is why he lost so swiftly in the 4th when he hardly moved.
Altogether, it was a terrible match. :mad:

I'm happy for Ryan who finally got a break and made the 3rd round; good $$ if you can get there and he has! :clap

- http://fiero4251.blogspot.com/2016/08/fan-page-novak-nole-djokovic.html -

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
After 3 days of play, # of seeded upsets in ATP is 10. # of seeded upsets in WTA is 11.
What can I say, once Fed is not there, ATP feels like WTA. :)

Rational National

Club Member
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
After 3 days of play, # of seeded upsets in ATP is 10. # of seeded upsets in WTA is 11.

You know that Fed being there or not has almost no impact on the number of male seeds departing the scene early.

I would still guess that come the quarter finals we will have minimum 5 of the top 8 seeds

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:

Fed's absence should open the door for one of the lower top ten or top 15 seeds(Tsgona,Monfils, Cilic or Nicky K) to break through to the qtrs at least

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Donaldson about to serve another upset, this time to Viktor Troicki.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
It seems the Americans are doing well

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
herios said:
1972Murat said:

Firstly, his mood, he pulled an Andy Murray impersonation, yelling to his box repeatedly, through the first two sets, before physical issues surfaced. I have never seen him doing this.
My guess was that his shots were not working well and he wasted about 8 BP, letting Harrison of the hook.
I do not know about the wrist, but what was the lethal factor for him, was he starting cramping in the third set.
That is why he lost so swiftly in the fourth, when he hardly moved .
Altogether, it was a terrible match.
:mad:

Thanks for the summary. I missed it all but maybe it was a good thing, the way you are telling it...

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Johnson is playing very good, if he would have challenged in the tie break who knows who would have won that first set. Delpo has a great serve which is helping him a lot

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Zevrev in trouble against Evans (not even against a known player), down 2 sets. But, seems to be righting the ship by going up 4-1 in 3rd.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Zevrev #27 lost to journeyman Evans.

Simon #30 lost to P. Lorenzi in 5th set tie breaker.

Although does not feel like an upset, S. Johnson #18 lost to a player ranked 142.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Of the 32 seeds who were supposed to reach R32, almost half of them are upset. 14 seeds got upset, with one last result still pending (Fog vs. Ferru is in 5th set right now. If Ferru loses, that will be another upset). I think for ATP, you might have to go lot of years back to find the last time such a thing happened. :cover
To put it in perspective, this is one more upset than the # in WTA at this very same US Open. Finally, ATP has reached the dismal situation of WTA now. :cover

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Daniel Evans a journeyman? Well, people should pay more attention, not just to the teenagers, He was one of the most improved players on tour this year, he jumped from #183 to 64 before the uSO and his climbing will obviously not end here.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
Of the 32 seeds who were supposed to reach R32, almost half of them are upset. 14 seeds got upset, with one last result still pending (Fog vs. Ferru is in 5th set right now. If Ferru loses, that will be another upset). I think for ATP, you might have to go lot of years back to find the last time such a thing happened. :cover
To put it in perspective, this is one more upset than the # in WTA at this very same US Open. Finally, ATP has reached the dismal situation of WTA now. :cover

When is status quo is not good, because is boring and predictable.
When are too many upsets, than is dismal.
:laydownlaughing

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Come on, He is 26 years old and has not reached the second week of any grand slam yet. His only claim to fame is probably helping Scotland win a DC trophy. :)

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
herios said:
GameSetAndMath said:

When is status quo is not good, because is boring and predictable.
When are too many upsets, than is dismal.
:laydownlaughing

Exactly, what we need is optimal number of upsets. It should not be 0% or 50%. Optimal would be 25% upsets. Most importantly it should never be more than the number in WTA.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
Come on, He is 26 years old and has not reached the second week of any grand slam yet. His only claim to fame is probably helping Scotland win a DC trophy. :)

So what if he is 26 year old??? He plays well, that is the bottom line.