Upset Corner - USO 2016 Edition

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Novak has not yet been tested in this tourney. He has some right arm injury for which he calls trainer frequently. I am expecting a potential upset today.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
The top 8 seeds converted at the 50% ratio, in other words only 4 of them made it into the QF.
One QF match is what was expected: Murray - Nishikori, the other feature at least a lower ranked player.
One of the SF will be someone who was not ranked top 10 before the event started, either Monfils or Pouille.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
I personally think Novak will tear Tsonga a new one. Tsonga's nothing special since 2008 and there doesn't appear a whole lot wrong with Novak. When asked if his elbow, wrist, leg, arm, neck, shoulder, arse, whatever the hell is supposedly wrong with him he smiled to the interviewer and said "I just felt like a massage". There's f**k all wrong with him.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Front242 said:
I personally think Novak will tear Tsonga a new one. Tsonga's nothing special since 2008 and there doesn't appear a whole lot wrong with Novak. When asked if his elbow, wrist, leg, arm, neck, shoulder, arse, whatever the hell is supposedly wrong with him he smiled to the interviewer and said "I just felt like a massage". There's f**k all wrong with him.

Well, Tsonga's hot and cold since 2008. He's beaten Federer at Wimbledon, then dropped a calf in the semis to Novak. He's not a big match player, so if he's to have a shot against Djoker, it's QF instead of semis, or final. He also almost dumped Nole outta Paris in 2012, beat him at Oz in 2010, but yeah, generally he's been lame.

Chickened out of playing Federer in the DC final, FFS. Shoulda been strung up by his party piece, right there and then. There's Francais we like, and there's the whole surrender monkey thing as well, which he epitomises once he gets to a certain stage. Anyone else recall his abject capitulation to Ferrer at the FO semi in 2013? It was Monfilsesque... :cover

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
There are sadly no prizes for nearly beating someone though and while he should have beaten Novak at RG that day, he didn't. The Wimbledon loss by Federer to Tsonga was more down to Roger going all passive after winning the first 2 sets and then dropping serve like a clown to start every set thereafter and not managing to break Tsonga even once afterwards. Kudos to Tsonga's great serving but Federer had no business dropping serve to start every set after sets 2 and 3. Tsonga's a real wasted talent imo.

ftan

Masters Champion
Reactions
Murray is OUT. After a pathetic first set Nishikori's level picked up. The rain delay definitely helped.
It was a good match