Tokyo Olympics 2021 - 24th July to 1st August 2021

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
To find 58 direct entry players, the Olympics committee had to go as low as #146 (that is more than double of 58). I am not even talking about the rank of "continental place" players here (which goes all the way to #254). This is really pathetic field. The first three rounds should really be a walk in the park for top players. I am not even talking about the rank of "continental place" players here.

Some won't waste their time going to Tokyo! They'd rather play an actual ATP event and win points and money like RBA, Milos, & Isner! :partying-face:

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Well they're off and running in Tokyo! I had no idea GB put Murray in the Singles' draw as well! What a waste, but I guess the defending champion has to make an appearance even if in an invisible wheelchair! That was hilarious from Mary, "it's only 11 AM and it's hotter than the hinges of HELL out here!" :face-with-hand-over-mouth:

• Haha
Reactions: Moxie

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Very good results by Carreño and Davidovich playing both against tough opponents. Hope Pablo next match vs Cilic plays even better same like Davidovich. Vamos España!!!!!!!!!

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Well they're off and running in Tokyo! I had no idea GB put Murray in the Singles' draw as well! What a waste, but I guess the defending champion has to make an appearance even if in an invisible wheelchair! That was hilarious from Mary, "it's only 11 AM and it's hotter than the hinges of HELL out here!" :face-with-hand-over-mouth:
Novak was lucky yesterday his match was later,he has asked for all matches to be held later in the day when it is cooler.

Reactions: Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Breaking News,

Andy Murray has withdrawn from his singles match against FFA
Waiting for the reason.....FFA will play Max Purcell from Australia.

Last edited:

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Very good results by Carreño and Davidovich playing both against tough opponents. Hope Pablo next match vs Cilic plays even better same like Davidovich. Vamos España!!!!!!!!!

I think PCB will be upset by Cilic. Davidovich will probably will win against Milkman, but that is also a tough match.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Novak was lucky yesterday his match was later,he has asked for all matches to be held later in the day when it is cooler.

Hope the other players ask to play later too or at least rotative, it would be very unfair if Novak always play late and the other at the worst time

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Hope the other players ask to play later too or at least rotative, it would be very unfair if Novak always play late and the other at the worst time
I believe they have a roof on CC I do not know why they dont use it,it has been extreme heat and high humidity,though these are the Summer Olympics and I guess they are suppose to be played out doors.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
They may have seen my commentary on the subject! :face-with-hand-over-mouth:

Andy Murray was initially given a legacy entry (reserved for former medalists). However, when players dropped out like rats fleeing a sinking ship, it so happened that Andy was able to qualify for a direct entry.

Since he won a doubles match and that too causing an upset, most probably the reason for bailing out is not injury related and is COVID related. Either he must have contracted or must have been forced to quarantine by coming into contact with somebody else who has it.

Reactions: Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Official reason why Andy Murray withdrew from the singles

Murray has a quad strain and he felt he could not compete in singles and doubles.He opted out of singles.
Wise choice.At least in doubles he has a partner and dosen't have to run like in singles
Medical staff advised him not to compete in both singles and doubles BTW

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Official reason why Andy Murray withdrew from the singles

Murray has a quad strain and he felt he could not compete in singles and doubles.He opted out of singles.
Wise choice.At least in doubles he has a partner and dosen't have to run like in singles
Medical staff advised him not to compete in both singles and doubles BTW
They also asked on the QT, "you want to go out in this heat and have that Canadian kid, FAA run you to death?" :face-with-tears-of-joy:

• Haha
Reactions: Moxie

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
They also asked on the QT, "you want to go out in this heat and have that Canadian kid, FAA run you to death?" :face-with-tears-of-joy:
Poor Andy cant take a trick and he was the defending Olympic Gold Champion,with artificial hips to boot.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Poor Andy cant take a trick and he was the defending Olympic Gold Champion,with artificial hips to boot.
Yep, poor Andy, I’ve said a long time ego that he is not going to be able todo something great but according to him he loves to play tennis and wants to try, very sad news

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Breaking News,

Andy Murray has withdrawn from his singles match against FFA
Waiting for the reason.....FFA will play Max Purcell from Australia.
Andy Murray is the greatest tennis player with the first name ANDY to consistently be hated upon by Fiero.. SMH2...I wanted to see Sir Andy compete ..it's a darn Shame

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Good news he is still in the doubles and had a great win yesterday defeating the No2 seeds

Andy has two singles gold medal and some kind of medal in mixed doubles also. The only medal he is missing is in the Men's doubles event.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions

By entering the draw and dropping out before stepping on to the court, Andy deprived a deserving player of the great pandemic (oops, Olympic) experience. :nono: