Tokyo Olympics 2021 - 24th July to 1st August 2021

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Just a reminder Olympic Tennis rules:

Men's singles final best of 3 sets,not 5 (for the first time)
Men's doubles matches tiebreaks in third sets (unlike in Rio)
Mixed doubles remain match tiebreak in 3rd sets.

Reactions: AnonymousFan

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Olympics Singles Draw:
D0D92069-0A60-4179-B7EE-621CDDD0A3BB.jpeg

Reactions: AnonymousFan

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I've read Novak didn't participate in the opening ceremony, he was watching it from the Hotel.... meanwhile all the athletes in spite of the hot and the humidity had a very good time, cheers for them!!!!!

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Tough Hot,humid conditions in Tokyo,Medvedev came back from a break down in the 2nd set and saved a SP to defeat Bublik 64 76(8)

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Novak doing splits with Belgian Gymnasts. This guy unquestionably has the maximum amount of flexibility amongst all male tennis players (perhaps even including female tennis players).

Reactions: the AntiPusher

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Novak doing splits with Belgian Gymnasts. This guy unquestionably has the maximum amount of flexibility amongst all male tennis players (perhaps even including female tennis players).

This is one of the reasons why he is the consistent year end number one ranked player on the planet..I hope that current and future players will follow his dedication to staying flexible..I heard a few weeks ago that he spends 3 to 4 hours each day stretching. His wife says that even when he has no activities planned and is Always stretching at home..very Smart.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
This is one of the reasons why he is the consistent year end number one ranked player on the planet..I hope that current and future players will follow his dedication to staying flexible..I heard a few weeks ago that he spends 3 to 4 hours each day stretching. His wife says that even when he has no activities planned and is Always stretching at home..very Smart.

I was told decades ago stretching really keeps you fit! I never did much; even warm-ups on court were short! I just went at it right away! I'll always regret it, but it just wasn't anything I liked to do! Very stiff here; couldn't touch my toes even as a kid! :fearful-face:

• Wow
Reactions: the AntiPusher

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I was told decades ago stretching really keeps you fit! I never did much; even warm-ups on court were short! I just went at it right away! I'll always regret it, but it just wasn't anything I liked to do! Very stiff here; couldn't touch my toes even as a kid! :fearful-face:
I have taken up yoga and it is the best thing I have done,I am not quite up to Novak's flexibilty,though I can see the results in a year.

BratSrbin

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
Zverev about Nole: "Alright. Look at his Australia Open night matches. That's somehow 27:1 or 30:1. The only match he lost was against Wawrinka. Since he should also won against aliens."
It was discussion with Struff about early beginning of upcoming match.

Last edited:

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
To find 58 direct entry players, the Olympics committee had to go as low as #146 (that is more than double of 58). I am not even talking about the rank of "continental place" players here (which goes all the way to #254). This is really pathetic field. The first three rounds should really be a walk in the park for top players.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fiero425