The Rankings Thread (ATP)

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
The 2021 Wimbledon points will officially drop on July 11th (the day after the Men’s Final). It’s just this year there will be no points added to the rankings; therefore, you can calculate the ranking points of most players before the start of Wimbledon.

The 2000 pts came off already I thought; hence Novak's ranking has dropped to #3 already! I supposed it could've been his FO pts, coming off late!

Last edited:

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
The 2000 pts came off already I thought; hence Novak's ranking has dropped to #3 already! I supposed it could've been his FO pts, coming off late!
It was his French Open points coming off. I thought they had already fallen off. Novak’s ranking is going to tank no Wimbledon and no US Open. Players are going to hate their draws potentially. Though, Novak really has only himself to blame for how his year turned out.

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It was his French Open points coming off. I thought they had already fallen off. Novak’s ranking is going to tank no Wimbledon and no US Open. Players are going to hate their draws potentially. Though, Novak really has only himself to blame for how his year turned out.
Unless Novak decides to vaccinate and/or US entry changes for visitors, highly unlikely he qualifies for the ATP YE in Turin without defending his Wimbledon crown. Even doing so, unless he can defend his Paris Master points may well drop below the top 15 by year’s end.

Reactions: Moxie

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Let Nadal hoist the Wimbledon championship.. Novak will be setting up vaccine vaccination centers all over Belgrade. Fronty, you can bet on it.

• Haha
Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Let Nadal hoist the Wimbledon championship.. Novak will be setting up vaccine vaccination centers all over Belgrade. Fronty, you can bet on it.
You know what really irritates me with the ATP rankings is....Rafa is 30-3 so far this year and won AO and RG, still stuck on ranking of No 4, meanwhile Medvedev and Zverev who both have still not won a tournament so far this year are now No 1 and No 2 respectively.
Maybe it is time for the ATP to really do a 'review system' on their overall ranking system.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Unless Novak decides to vaccinate and/or US entry changes for visitors, highly unlikely he qualifies for the ATP YE in Turin without defending his Wimbledon crown. Even doing so, unless he can defend his Paris Master points may well drop below the top 15 by year’s end.

I'm sure I asked and someone mentioned why Novak was allowed to play the USO last season! He couldn't play the Masters events here! I'm guessing maybe it was because he came into The States thru Canada after playing there except he must have come from Tokyo after dropping matches at Olympics! :face-with-hand-over-mouth: :astonished-face::fearful-face::pleading-face:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
You know what really irritates me with the ATP rankings is....Rafa is 30-3 so far this year and won AO and RG, still stuck on ranking of No 4, meanwhile Medvedev and Zverev who both have still not won a tournament so far this year are now No 1 and No 2 respectively.
Maybe it is time for the ATP to really do a 'review system' on their overall ranking system.
that's a darn shame about how the rankings is currently. Rumor has it Novak's wants a WC into the Mallorca Open. Will they force him to take the jab?(I'm kidding)

Last edited:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
that's a darn shame about how the rankings is currently. Rumor has it Novak's wants a WC into the Mallorca Open. Will they force him to take the jab?
Well according to his coach Novak will not be playing any warm up before Wimbledon.I just saw your updated post regarding Mallorca Open lol!

• Haha
Reactions: the AntiPusher

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I'm sure I asked and someone mentioned why Novak was allowed to play the USO last season! He couldn't play the Masters events here! I'm guessing maybe it was because he came into The States thru Canada after playing there except he must have come from Tokyo after dropping matches at Olympics! :face-with-hand-over-mouth: :astonished-face::fearful-face::pleading-face:
The vaccine requirement to enter the US was put into place just this past January, so it wasn't required last year to get into the US. Also, interestingly, at the USO, visitors to the event had to be vaccinated, but players did not.

Reactions: Fiero425

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
that's a darn shame about how the rankings is currently. Rumor has it Novak's wants a WC into the Mallorca Open. Will they force him to take the jab?(I'm kidding)
It's happened before & it'll happen again! I still recall back in '11 when Novak was undefeated early on, & on a 40+ match winning streak until FO SF, but didn't overcome Nadal's #1 ranking until Wimbledon SF! We all know this is a CY ranking system so if you had a great season, it keeps you on top for a long time; even for Martina Navratilova back in '87 when she hadn't won anything until Wimbledon and didn't relent the #1 ranking to Graf until that Summer! Peter Graf was threatening to start his own tour! Such idiocy when we all know how the fk'n system works and act stupid thru emotions due to a "want" of change at the top! It took a while, but Novak's given it up for the season & will be the most dangerous floater in history when allowed to play wherever he wants again! :shushing-face: :anxious-face-with-sweat::astonished-face::fearful-face::pleading-face:

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: the AntiPusher

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
It's happened before & it'll happen again! I still recall back in '11 when Novak was undefeated early on, & on a 40+ match winning streak until FO SF, but didn't overcome Nadal's #1 ranking until Wimbledon SF! We all know this is a CY ranking system so if you had a great season, it keeps you on top for a long time; even for Martina Navratilova back in '87 when she hadn't won anything until Wimbledon and didn't relent the #1 ranking to Graf until that Summer! Peter Graf was threatening to start his own tour! Such idiocy when we all know how the fk'n system works and act stupid thru emotions due to a "want" of change at the top! It took a while, but Novak's given it up for the season &will be the most dangerous floater in history when allowed to play wherever he wants again later on! :shushing-face: :anxious-face-with-sweat::astonished-face::fearful-face::pleading-face:
Honestly would you trust anything that came out of Peter Graf's mouth

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I think Matteo Berrettini sumed it up well for all players saying,

"The move was 'unfair' as he revealed 'nobody' contacted the players before making the final decision'

( Berrettini will lose all 1,200 points from Wimbledon in 2021)

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
The vaccine requirement to enter the US was put into place just this past January, so it wasn't required last year to get into the US. Also, interestingly, at the USO, visitors to the event had to be vaccinated, but players did not.
This is very SIMPLE. NO NON US citizen aint getting into the US without a jab.. No need for Novak to even begin to start that drama again, which even he cant be that stupid.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
This is very SIMPLE. NO NON US citizen aint getting into the US without a jab.. No need for Novak to even begi to start that drama again, which even he cant be that stupid.
Yes, unless they changed their current law, by late August, Novak wont be allowed into the USA, meaning no USO
His participation at the AO in 2023 is still a 'no go' being banned for 3 years, he would have to submit a reasonable reason why the authorities here should consider his new visa

Last edited:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Yes, unless they changed their current law, by late August, Novak wont be allowed into the USA, meaning no USO
His participation at the AO in 2023 is still a 'no go' being banned for 3 years, he would have to submit a reasonable reason why the authorities here should consider his new visa
Margaret, it's been this way since the pandemic vaccine been available for about a year I think.dont quote me.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Margaret, it's been this way since the pandemic vaccine been available for about a year I think.dont quote me.
I read last Sunday flying into the US you do not have to have a negative test on arrival from COVID, though you still have to be vaccinated from COVID

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
AP, you didn't read carefully above. I responded to Fiero when he asked about that. The ban on non-vaccinated non-resident aliens only began in Jan of this year. Which is why I don't think it's going to be lifted soon. They did just lift the mandate that you have to test before flying into the US, which seems stupid to me...as it is simple enough, but that is their choice. Maybe if they lifted that one the vaccine one is just behind, but I doubt it. If they're not going to count on the tests, then they are relying on the vaccines.

Reactions: Fiero425

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I just don’t see the US lifting the vaccine mandate soon especially the country has other major problems focusing on right now.

Interestingly enough, even if Djokovic will not able to play the US Open, he will still be in the Top 10 rankings. He will probably add a 500 tour event (Vienna, Basel or Japan) to his schedule before finishing up at Bercy and Turin.

One thing to point out though: there’s a chance that Djokovic might not even qualify for Turin due to lack of points and tournament played. If that happens, he could potentially drop 600 ranking points

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
It's a shambles guys since the vaccines don't stop transmission. An absolute farce. The manufacturers have been flat out quoted as saying that stopping transmission was never their intention (of course it was but they failed and want to save face), only reducing severity of symptoms which Omicron has done better than any vaccine. At this point in time I can't see any valid reason to make it mandatory to be vaccinated with a vaccine that does sfa and a virus that likewise does sfa to the majority if they get it.

Reactions: Kieran