The Rankings Thread (ATP)

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Actually, after RG, Nadal has 545 points to defend (360 points will be gone either way at Wimbledon).
So, if the foot is feeling good to play even a reduced schedule for the rest of the year, he has a lot to gain, is that what I'm hearing?

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
So, if the foot is feeling good to play even a reduced schedule for the rest of the year, he has a lot to gain, is that what I'm hearing?
Yes, my friend.

If he does not play Wimbledon and if his foot holds up, then it is more than likely he will play Canada and US Open.

Now, after the US Open is even more of a bigger mystery.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Yes, my friend.

If he does not play Wimbledon and if his foot holds up, then it is more than likely he will play Canada and US Open.

Now, after the US Open is even more of a bigger mystery.
But not a mystery in that he has a lot of points to gain, right?

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
But not a mystery in that he has a lot of points to gain, right?
It is not a mystery that he can gain a lot of points after US Open. Just a mystery of whether or not he actually wants to play those tournaments or rest his body and foot.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It is not a mystery that he can gain a lot of points after US Open. Just a mystery of whether or not he actually wants to play those tournaments or rest his body and foot.
Yes, I get that part. What happens tomorrow and what it costs him physically (esp. foot,) will make a big impact on what he does, vis-a-vis Wimbledon. I know he'd like to play, but there is a huge argument for saving for the USO, of course. After the USO, he should play selectively and save it for the YEC. (Why not try one more time to finally get the one that has eluded him?)

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Yes, I get that part. What happens tomorrow and what it costs him physically (esp. foot,) will make a big impact on what he does, vis-a-vis Wimbledon. I know he'd like to play, but there is a huge argument for saving for the USO, of course. After the USO, he should play selectively and save it for the YEC. (Why not try one more time to finally get the one that has eluded him?)
If his foot holds up (let's pray and clutch our lucky items), then I could see him replicating his 2019 schedule:

Wimbledon, Canada, US Open, Paris Masters, and YEC.

Thank god that he has decided not to play Davis Cup anymore!

Reactions: Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I know we're not supposed to steal this thread with Big 3 talk, etc., so let me put here that Casper Ruud gets to NCH of 6 in the world based on this FO. And Rune to #28.

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Well with Zverev and Medvedev out depending on how he and Carlos do grass season either Ruud or Alcaraz could be the 4th seed.

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Well with Zverev and Medvedev out depending on how he and Carlos do grass season either Ruud or Alcaraz could be the 4th seed.
Actually if Nadal plays Wimbledon, then Ruud and Alcaraz will be the 3rd and 4th seed at Wimbledon assuming both players are able to keep their rankings by the time Wimbledon draw comes out.

By June 13th, here are the rankings:

5.Ruud - 4,960
6.Alcaraz - 4,915
7.Tsitsipas - 4,900

As you could see, those three players are only separated by less than 100 points. So, these upcoming grass warm-up will be crucial in terms who gets the 3rd and 4th seed at Wimbledon assuming Nadal plays Wimbledon.

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
So it’s official on Monday, for the first time since the fall 2003, none of the big 3 will be top 2 in the ATP rankings.

It took several unexpected events, Djokovic not playing AO or the American swing of the HC season, Rafa for the first time having to skip both MC and Barcelona , but it is finally happening.

Reactions: tented

tented

Administrator
Reactions
So it’s official on Monday, for the first time since the fall 2003, none of the big 3 will be top 2 in the ATP rankings.

It took several unexpected events, Djokovic not playing AO or the American swing of the HC season, Rafa for the first time having to skip both MC and Barcelona , but it is finally happening.
Here’s the Live Rankings:

7C5CDE2F-D575-43B9-A2B4-DC0A3F73BE48.jpeg

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com

I just checked the live rankings and OMG, Novak's lost 2000 points and is officially #3 in the world for now! Not sure how the seedings fall out at Wimbledon! There is that formula used, but with Daniil not allowed to play, Djokovic should at least be #2 seed, but maybe grandfathered into 1st!

Reactions: Jelenafan

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I just checked the live rankings and OMG, Novak's lost 2000 points and is officially #3 in the world for now! Not sure how the seedings fall out at Wimbledon! There is that formula used, but with Daniil not allowed to play, Djokovic should at least be #2 seed, but maybe grandfathered into 1st!
I don't think it's official that Novak loses his #1 until next week, but Medvedev and Zverev are not going to play Wimbledon, so best case, Novak and Rafa would be 1/2, and that is if Rafa can post. If not, I guess Ruud will be the #2 seed? Unless Tsitsipas makes up some points on grass prior to Wimbledon?

Reactions: Fiero425

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafanoy if you are around, I know Matteo will lose his points at Wimbledon this year, he is not happy about it, saying it is unfair for the players at the tournament, how will this affect his ranking, I know he will pick up some points, seeing he won Stuttgart today.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Rafanoy if you are around, I know Matteo will lose his points at Wimbledon this year, he is not happy about it, saying it is unfair for the players at the tournament, how will this affect his ranking, I know he will pick up some points, seeing he won Stuttgart today.

He’s currently No. 10 in the live rankings, but you can predict the effect dropping the Wimbledon final points will have.

6A4E3DC5-0524-4AE9-806E-95A5D7FE58B9.jpeg