The Rankings Thread (ATP)

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Excuse me, please. It's not bonfire night yet. That's tomorrow.
Of course. But these will not change until tomorrow. No matches left to influence these placements.

Horsa

Equine-loving rhyme-artist
Reactions
Of course. But these will not change until tomorrow. No matches left to influence these placements.
O.K. You just decided to put tomorrows date on it. I'm very sorry. I also forgot that for some people it is already 5/11 now or 11/5 in American short date.

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
With Rafa withdrawing from the WTF, Novak officially clinches YE1.

If Roger wins the WTF without losing a match, he sneaks by Rafa for #2.

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions
faker is such a vulture. Fed got no such concessions from dull last season and dull even played Beijing and one match in Paris just to deny Fed. So sick of this moonballer coming in the way of greatness. So unfair that Fed doesn't have 6 YE#1s ATLEAST, specially last year.

Enjoy your vultured YE#1, fakervic. Got #1 ranking from dull's withdrawal in Paris, and YE#1 with dull's withdrawal from WTF. Disgusting scenes all around.

If there's ANY justice in this world then Fed should win his 7th WTF.

Reactions: The_Grand_Slam

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
faker is such a vulture. Fed got no such concessions from dull last season and dull even played Beijing and one match in Paris just to deny Fed. So sick of this moonballer coming in the way of greatness. So unfair that Fed doesn't have 6 YE#1s ATLEAST, specially last year.

Enjoy your vultured YE#1, fakervic. Got #1 ranking from dull's withdrawal in Paris, and YE#1 with dull's withdrawal from WTF. Disgusting scenes all around.

If there's ANY justice in this world then Fed should win his 7th WTF.

It's hard to pick between::lulz1: & :facepalm:

Chris Koziarz

Masters Champion
Reactions
Now I'm starting to think you're just trolling with this constant absurdity.
I pointed out the absurdity of his claims couple times to make sure everyone can also see them. But I stopped pointing because I'm simply bored and everyone can see through it by now. Best example is how monfed changes his opinion about the "difficulty" of WTF RR draws, depending which player he talks about, and if he wants a given player to win or lose. A classic but unusually strong rationalisation (that can also be called "escape to virtual reality") to satisfy inner feelings. I think he does not troll for just a fun of it: he really believes in his often self-contradictory virtual realities because he's unable (or at least unwilling) to focus on other people's point of view.

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions
I pointed out the absurdity of his claims couple times to make sure everyone can also see them. But I stopped pointing because I'm simply bored and everyone can see through it by now. Best example is how monfed changes his opinion about the "difficulty" of WTF RR draws, depending which player he talks about, and if he wants a given player to win or lose. A classic but unusually strong rationalisation (that can also be called "escape to virtual reality") to satisfy inner feelings. I think he does not troll for just a fun of it: he really believes in his often self-contradictory virtual realities because he's unable (or at least unwilling) to focus on other people's point of view.

I like to discuss the facts. :dance3:

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
New career high this week:

37. Marton Fucsovics 26y
75. Jaume Munar 21y
76. Mackenzie McDonald 23y
78. Guido Andreozzi 27y
85. Cristian Garin 22y

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Djokovic is the oldest year end no1 since rank charts started in 1973.
Funny, because Rafa was last year. That would make him older by one month? Not really worth mentioning the history of ranking charts then is it, really?

Last edited:

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Funny, because Rafa was last year. That would make him older by one month? Not really worth mentioning the history of ranking charts then is it, really?
Exactly. They were basically at the same age. No need to be nitpicky, counting by days.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Exactly. They were basically at the same age. No need to be nitpicky, counting by days.
Oddly, it almost passed without notice last year. I think everyone was so shocked that Rafa was the "oldest" at anything. Even Nadal fans.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
New career high this week:
The
45. Malek Jaziri 34y
48. Dusan Lajovic 28y
98. Reilly Opelka 21y

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
New career high this week, 26 November:

36. Marton Fucsovics 26y
84. Ugo Humbert 20y

With these changes, the top 100 will stay unchanged until the next season.

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
I just noticed Humbert. He happens to be the fourth youngest player in the top 100, after Shapovalov, De Minaur, and Tsitsipas.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I just noticed Humbert. He happens to be the fourth youngest player in the top 100, after Shapovalov, De Minaur, and Tsitsipas.
True. And the third ranked among those born 1998, after Tsitsipas and Tiafoe.