The Rankings Thread (ATP)

Tennis Miller

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
With Rafa missing both IW and Miami, to come out of Miami with #1 ranking, Roger needs to score 710 or more points in IW and M put together. This can be done by reaching the semifinal of both tournaments or by winning just one of them. Of course, Roger would want to defend both his titles. Now, there is a big pressure on Roger to win them considering Rafa, Novak, Andy and Stan all are out of them. Moreover, Grigor and Ranoic are not showing signs of life and Sasha and Thiem are sliding down.

Fed can only lose to a donkey in IW and M.

He can also get more than 710 by getting to Finals of 1 and Quarters of the other.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I'm not saying Djokovic will even make it to Federer I'm just saying, its not going to be a easy event for Federer to win like everyone is saying.

I'm not aware that anyone has said it's going to be an easy event for Federer. I may be wrong, and just projecting my own personal view, but I honestly don't recall reading anyone predicting Roger was going to walk away with this. To be quite frank, my perspective as a Fed fan is trying to figure out where he's going to slip up. Deep down I'm assuming he will... and his performance in the first match hasn't made me feel better about that

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I'm not saying Djokovic will even make it to Federer I'm just saying, its not going to be a easy event for Federer to win like everyone is saying.

Anyone thinking Djoker would go deep here was kidding themselves. I didn't think he'd get bounced first match but I'd have been surprised if he made it past the fourth round.

On paper Fed should have a pretty easy time at least reaching the finals and how he does here and Miami will be telling of one thing...how badly does he want more. Motivation is a fickle thing and it can decide a lot. He hit 20 and took over #1, how much does winning IW and/or Miami mean at this point?

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Anyone thinking Djoker would go deep here was kidding themselves. I didn't think he'd get bounced first match but I'd have been surprised if he made it past the fourth round.

On paper Fed should have a pretty easy time at least reaching the finals and how he does here and Miami will be telling of one thing...how badly does he want more. Motivation is a fickle thing and it can decide a lot. He hit 20 and took over #1, how much does winning IW and/or Miami mean at this point?

depends on if 109 is his actual target

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
It'd be great if it is as long as he doesn't start chasing. I'd take 21 and 98 titles over 20 and 110. But I rather be greedy and have something like 23 and 110 :)

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
It'd be great if it is as long as he doesn't start chasing. I'd take 21 and 98 titles over 20 and 110. But I rather be greedy and have something like 23 and 110 :)

Like the old bull said in the movie Colours. Patience and take it all!

Reactions: DarthFed

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
I'm thinking he must want 110. He's already got the Slam record and once he (hopefully) wins another couple, it is almost certainly safe for the foreseeable future, he can focus on 110.

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I am hoping the great one reaches 25 slams. It looked impossible years ago, but now with a weak field, it is no longer a dream.

Reactions: The_Grand_Slam

Andy22

Major Winner
Reactions
Let's not jump the gun yet let's see if federer can win 21 first, there is still some players that can beat federer at Wimbledon, like raonic, Potro, Cilic nadal, Djokovic Murray kyrgios.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Let's not jump the gun yet let's see if federer can win 21 first, there is still some players that can beat federer at Wimbledon, like raonic, Potro, Cilic nadal, Djokovic Murray kyrgios.

In theory anyone can... I wouldn't put money on some of those. Delpo, Cilic and Novak (if he ever gets to his best) I can go along with, the rest... nah

The_Grand_Slam

Masters Champion
Reactions
In theory anyone can... I wouldn't put money on some of those. Delpo, Cilic and Novak (if he ever gets to his best) I can go along with, the rest... nah

I think Djokovic will struggle at Wimbledon.His serve has really been sub-par since a long time and he even changed his service motion.
His best chances will be at US Open which ironically is his second worst slam

Reactions: DarthFed and Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I guess I can see why folks were curious if the rankings would update this Monday, or after IW. Look who's back to #1 on the live rankings. :D

Screen Shot 2018-03-14 at 6.50.22 PM.png

Reactions: ftan

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions

The thought is always the same, 20 is only good if the asshole doesn't get 20 or 21. Roger has to have that attitude even if it sounds silly. Keep that greed to a maximum, no reason he can't win a few more if he stays motivated as he should.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I guess I can see why folks were curious if the rankings would update this Monday, or after IW. Look who's back to #1 on the live rankings. :D

View attachment 1711

Hopefully not for long. Big tourney for Roger trying to become all-time Indian Wells king. Hope the man keeps expanding his empire :)

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The thought is always the same, 20 is only good if the asshole doesn't get 20 or 21. Roger has to have that attitude even if it sounds silly. Keep that greed to a maximum, no reason he can't win a few more if he stays motivated as he should.
The asshole already has 20.

Last edited:

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
@Moxie, I don't think anyone was questioning whether the rankings were updated within the tournament, but rather if they were updated between IW and Miami. I misinterpreted something Game said, and thought--suprisingly--that they weren't updated between, but they are.

But within a tournament? That would be absurd.