The Movie Reel

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Frankly, I thought it was terrible. Too frilly. I like her win much more body-fitting. But, yes, so happy for Will Smith. Great speech. Very emotional. Even after he decked Chris Rock.
Will Smith was totally out of line to slapped Chris Rock over a Joke. I bet he wouldn't have slapped the Rock.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Will Smith was totally out of line to slapped Chris Rock over a Joke. I bet he wouldn't have slapped the Rock.
I understand that Will Smith's wife has alopecia,I think Rock was out of order to make a joke,it is a very personal and senseitive, women can be embarrassed by it,I feel Will Smith was upset he brought it up seeing his wife is suffering from it.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I understand that Will Smith's wife has alopecia,I think Rock was out of order to make a joke,it is a very personal and senseitive, women can be embarrassed by it,I feel Will Smith was upset he brought it up seeing his wife is suffering from it.
Will was in protective mode, maybe a bit too much in character, but yeah, if you look at the video, at first he thinks it's funny, but Jada doesn't, so he takes her part. Whether or not you condone violence, Chris Rock sometimes deserves a sock in the jaw, as do most comics. Here is the uncensored version:

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Trust me, I have daughters and I am married..I know how sensitive things can be but it was a joke. Jada looks fantastic, BETTER than Demi Moore did in GI Jane . Jada and Will made jokes about the members of the academy a few years ago plus they boycott the Academy because the lack of diversity. Will could have made an announcement for awareness for his wife's condition later. Chris Rock has a family that is still young and to get humiliated by Will's suckered punch.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Trust me, I have daughters and I am married..I know how sensitive things can be but it was a joke. Jada looks fantastic, BETTER than Demi Moore did in GI Jane . Jada and Will made jokes about the members of the academy a few years ago plus they boycott the Academy because the lack of diversity. Will could have made an announcement for awareness for his wife's condition later. Chris Rock has a family that is still young and to get humiliated by Will's suckered punch.
Can I say it that was me I would have been insulted,I know people handle things differently.A women's hair is very important,it is to me.I take your point of view.BTW I think Will Smith's wife does look amazing,though to me that is not the point

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Will was in protective mode, maybe a bit too much in character, but yeah, if you look at the video, at first he thinks it's funny, but Jada doesn't, so he takes her part. Whether or not you condone violence, Chris Rock sometimes deserves a sock in the jaw, as do most comics. Here is the uncensored version:

No..Chris didn't deserve to get sock in the jaw. Wanda Sykes said a cruel joke about Harvey Wisestien. Everyone is subject to a joke when you are a celebrity.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Chris Rock wasn't humiliated by that. He took it well. And he'll dine out on it forever. But he deserved it.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
No..Chris didn't deserve to get sock in the jaw. Wanda Sykes said a cruel joke about Harvey Wisestien. Everyone is subject to a joke when you are a celebrity.
Harvey Weinstein is a sexual deviant and a convicted criminal. He deserves what he gets. That is not the same as making a joke about Jada's shaved head. SMH.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Dwayne Johnson wouldn't have made that joke.
Huh . Ladies, the woman looks fantastic. What was so bad about it? I seen Charles Barkley make fun of Ernie who was battling cancer. Charles said Ernie looked like Golum from Lord of the Rings..I never heard Ernie say anything about it because he knows his co-host is a knucklehead and they are close friends. Will was foul. YES, if scripted the Rock would have said it and all the other comedians would have made the joke too.

Reactions: Jelenafan

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Chris Rock wasn't humiliated by that. He took it well. And he'll dine out on it forever. But he deserved it.
Okay, going forward, everyone who is the object of a comedian joke should have the Right to smack the shit out of the comedian. This is what you are saying, is that correct.

Reactions: Moxie

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Harvey Weinstein is a sexual deviant and a convicted criminal. He deserves what he gets. That is not the same as making a joke about Jada's shaved head. SMH.
If you look, Jada has hair follicles. She is not a skin head or looks like she is battling an illines like leukemia or something like that. If it was Jerry Seinfeld or Jimmy Kimmel who said that, I don't think Will would have responded like that. All that "Love" crap Will was saying was aided by his crocodile tears. Will will forever be remember for his tasteless reaction instead of his great acting performance. IMO

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
If you look, Jada has hair follicles. She is not a skin head or looks like she is battling an illines like leukemia or something like that. If it was Jerry Seinfeld or Jimmy Kimmel who said that, I don't think Will would have responded like that. All that "Love" crap Will was saying was aided by his crocodile tears. Will will forever be remember for his tasteless reaction instead of his great acting performance. IMO

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Yup Will Smith slapped/socked Chris Rock on live TV.

Makes me regret rooting for him to win Best Actor, which he did.
He apologized (sort of) in his acceptance speech , but so help me compared himself to Richard Williams, but it was just awkward and tacky. Chris Rock was just making a joke, way overblown.

ETA: and yes, I knowJada Pickett Smith has a skin condition thus the loss of hair.
It’s shocking, isn’t it? To be honest, I haven’t seen the film but I never thought of Will Smith as “a great actor”, but that’s hardly a criteria anymore for winning an Oscar, and maybe he gave a great performance, I don’t know.

But to slap Chris Rock on stage? I mean, firstly, we all know way too much about Will Smith’s marriage. Another sleb who continuously invades our privacy. But if Chris Rock mentions you in his act, be proud, laugh, wait, and it’ll soon be someone else. One of Chris Rock’s most inappropriate but hilarious moments was making a joke out of Christopher Reeve’s paralysis. This is his act. To go up on stage during the Oscar’s and slap him for cracking a joke?

I thought Chris Rock handled it very well. I thought the slap only draws more attention to the Smiths and their marriage. Denzil Washington told Will Smith after he’d collected his Oscar to be careful, that it’s during your best moments, the devil comes for you. Denzil’s a class act, a truly great actor, and he played Macbeth, and everyone said he was great. It’s a pity he didn’t win it…

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I also learned that there has been 'bad blood' between Will Smith and Chris Rock previously...shame this had to happen.
Also I wonder why Richard Williams was not present? is he not well? no one mentioned he was not at the Oscars.
I still feel it was staged. Will, Jada and Chris have grown up with each other in show business. They have worked on numerous projects together. Now just think about it.

The give away or tell was that Will Smith let out a huge laugh at the joke initially. Jada played her role and rolled her eyes, then Will goes into protective husband character and strolls up to stage. Chris didn't flinch and listen to how he kept his composure afterwards. The fake croc tears very similar to Rittenhouse did last August. Later the speech for the Oscars winning award and Will hosted an Oscars party and PDiddy said that they made up and Chris refused to press charges with the LAPD probably to avoid another Smollett type of incident.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I also learned that there has been 'bad blood' between Will Smith and Chris Rock previously...shame this had to happen.
Also I wonder why Richard Williams was not present? is he not well? no one mentioned he was not at the Oscars.
Richard's health has been in a decline for years.