The Movie Reel

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Oh, and speaking of the Coen Brothers, I saw a trailer for "Suburbiacon," directed by George Clooney, written by the Coens, starring Matt Damon and it looks excellent.

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
The new IT movie is pretty good. As a huge King fan who has read all his books multiple times, I am seldom impressed with the movie adaptations. This one did the book justice.Not excellent but 4 out of 5. Skarsgard as Pennywise was awesome. Not easy to fill Tim Curry's shoes in that role, as lame as the original series was.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The new IT movie is pretty good. As a huge King fan who has read all his books multiple times, I am seldom impressed with the movie adaptations. This one did the book justice.Not excellent but 4 out of 5. Skarsgard as Pennywise was awesome. Not easy to fill Tim Curry's shoes in that role, as lame as the original series was.
The trailer scared me so much I don't think I can see it. And I don't mind a scary film.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I saw "Battle of the Sexes" today and enjoyed it a lot. Bit of a slow start, but it comes very good by the end. It's the highest profile tennis film in some time, or likely ever. (As with that match, which they keep telling us is still the most-watched.) I'm wondering if other tennis fans will see it, and what ya'll might think of it.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

I got dragged to watch this crap by my missus. I find most horror films just ridiculous. Pet Cemetery must have been one of the stupidest films I've ever seen. Anyway it scared my wife and even I'll admit it was well made.

Reactions: Murat Baslamisli

Murat Baslamisli

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
www.drummershangout.ca
I got dragged to watch this crap by my missus. I find most horror films just ridiculous. Pet Cemetery must have been one of the stupidest films I've ever seen. Anyway it scared my wife and even I'll admit it was well made.
Haha, I know what you mean. But Pet Cemetery was one of the scariest books I have ever read in my life. So much gets lost in translation. It is said that it is one book that Stephen King scared himself the most. The movie was like a parody...

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Best horror movies out there were the old Italian giallos from the 70's and 80's imo. Dario Argento, Sergio Martino, Mario Bava, Lamberto Bava, etc. Also the classic zombie stuff by Lucio Fulci. Big fan of the cheesy but cool Hammer horror movies with Christopher Lee, Vincent Price and Peter Cushing too.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
So with Spacey basically admitting to sexually assaulting a 14 year old back in the day, House of Cards won't be renewed after this season, and on the back of the Harvey Weinstein scandal, it'll be interesting to see what else gets comes out as I hear Corey Feldman is about to blow the lid on Hollywood dirt in a new movie he is putting together with crowd funding.

Wonder if Meryl Streep will bring it up at next years Oscars?

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I just saw "Darkest Hour." I think a lot of people here would have liked it. Anyone see it? I also really loved "The Shape of Water," though I guess it's not something most here would see. "Three Billboards," anyone?

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Just watched "Get Out" ... it came out last year but I missed it at the pictures... what a terrific movie. Packed with suspense, twists and turns and some great acting. One of the best movies I've seen in a long time.

Avengers tomorrow on the big screen.

Reactions: DarthFed

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Just watched "Get Out" ... it came out last year but I missed it at the pictures... what a terrific movie. Packed with suspense, twists and turns and some great acting. One of the best movies I've seen in a long time.

Avengers tomorrow on the big screen.

Just saw Avengers last night and thought it was excellent. I am far from a comic book nerd but have really come to like Marvel movies. Black Panther was a great one as well.

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
No, but I checked the ratings and it's getting 95% on Rotten Tomatoes and 8.1 on IMDB... that means "much watch" to me.

It really is. Keeps you on the edge of your seat the whole movie. Incredible suspense and really creative execution of a pretty standard idea.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I'm not a comic book nerd either but my kids are mad for Marvel and DC stuff. Ditto on Black Panther... good movie.

Are you going to see the Solo movie? I have fairly limited expectations but hopefully it's better than The Last Jedi debacle.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
It really is. Keeps you on the edge of your seat the whole movie. Incredible suspense and really creative execution of a pretty standard idea.

I've heard it's really good too. I'm not much for horror movies but isn't that one kind of a mix?

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I'm not a comic book nerd either but my kids are mad for Marvel and DC stuff. Ditto on Black Panther... good movie.
I thought Black Panther was great. My fave scene is at end when the guy says don't heal me because then I'll be a slave, instead let me die and bury me with my ancestors. That was pretty cool.

Going to see Avengers next weekend. The first weekend is always so busy at the IMAX I frequent.

Reactions: britbox

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Are you going to see the Solo movie? I have fairly limited expectations but hopefully it's better than The Last Jedi debacle.

Yeah, I'll watch it... I'm actually preferring the spin-offs nowadays to the main movies. Rogue One was way better than the Last Jedi.