The Movie Reel

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I was looking forward to the Wizard of Lies, the tale of Ponzi fraudster Bernie Madov, trailers looked great, cast was great (De Niro, Pfeiffer)... but a let-down of a movie. Really dull film. Script was very bland.
Disappointed.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I was looking forward to the Wizard of Lies, the tale of Ponzi fraudster Bernie Madov, trailers looked great, cast was great (De Niro, Pfeiffer)... but a let-down of a movie. Really dull film. Script was very bland.
Disappointed.
Oh, that's too bad.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Just rewatched "No country for old men"... this is a classic, if you haven't seen it before. Good cast with Javier Bardem (superb villain), Josh Brolin and Tommy Lee Jones.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Just rewatched "No country for old men"... this is a classic, if you haven't seen it before. Good cast with Javier Bardem (superb villain), Josh Brolin and Tommy Lee Jones.
I love that film. It's my top Coen Brothers.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
"Wonder Woman" is the super-hero popcorn movie of the season.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I do. It's one of the last ones left. A family-owned place that doesn't tolerate any foolishness.
Hey KS...Do you remember the Belair Drive inn location was on Ciero ave...that's ole school ..by the way. They have a few out here in the Bay Area..

Last edited:

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Hey KS...Do you remember the Belair Drive inn location was on Ciero ave...that's ole school ..by the way. They have a few out here in the Bay Area..
I do remember the Belair. It was down there by the racetrack, right?.

WTA-rocks

Club Member
Reactions

Aye. I watched it again recently. Terrific performances all round. Not forgetting Woody Harrelson's hilarious bit-part as Carson Wells.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Yep..over in the township of Ciero..the racetrack, Homerun Inn pizza and the Belair Drivein..that's it on that side of town
Sad to hear drive-thrus are under attack in the US. Growing up in the UK (we never had the weather to make it feasible), I thought the idea was so cool and remember watching Grease thinking I'd love to go to one. We have one in Oz at the north end of the city I live in... must make an appearance before it likely closes. Video killed the radio star... The Internet kills the video star.

Reactions: Moxie

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Aye. I watched it again recently. Terrific performances all round. Not forgetting Woody Harrelson's hilarious bit-part as Carson Wells.
Woody almost steals that movie..i just love when Chiqure says to Carson, you should admit your situation and Carson later says to him, do you know how crazy you are.,

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Just saw "Dunkirk." I thought it was great. There is almost no plot or dialogue, and it just asks you to live through the experience. I'll be curious to know what others think, but I will say, you'd better see it in the theatre.

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Dunkirk is a masterpiece. Absolutely brilliant. Nolan has a case for being the best director alive at the moment.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Yep, such an underrated movie, top performances all around.
Underrated movie? It won Best Picture at the Oscars. I think it is the Coen's masterpiece.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Just saw "Atomic Blonde" with Charlize Theron. Stylish, clever, funny, and the soundtrack is going to make them bazillions.