The Movie Reel

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
My sister can't stand Mel Gibson, but she tells me Hacksaw Ridge is one of the best movies she's ever seen. The guy can direct a movie! All of his directorships have been extraordinary

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Academy Awards..I have seen 5 (Moonlight, Hidden Figures, Arrival, Hell or High Water, and Fences)of maybe the nine movies that are vrying for Picture of the year. Hidden Figures really is moving and really should be called a Hidden story because it's truly an extraordinary plight of those 3 women efforts to assist NASA in their race to space. Fences :The performances by Denzel and Viola Davis really are amazing and overall a good movie. Hell or High water is a gritty drama which has Jeff Bridges at his best. Arrival is worthless and the biggest waste of my time EVER at a movie theater. Now to Moonlight...a coming to age of a young man about his sexuality and his place in society.Moonlight is a pure masterpiece. We all know that there's a real struggle for young kids who are unfortunately living on the other side of the railroad tracks but their lives still matter and is of importance regardless how great the odds are stacked against them to survive. This was the real picture of the year although we all know the bias snobs will not award it that honor. I will not see LaLa land because my self diagnosed ADHD will not allow to suffer through any musical besides Grease and Saturday Night Fever. My advice watch Moonlight and Hidden Figures should move your emotions to tears.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
Yippee.. what a great job by the academy..Moonlight won..

Was all the drama about wrong announcement, is it staged or real?

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
the AntiPusher said:
Yippee.. what a great job by the academy..Moonlight won..

Was all the drama about wrong announcement, is it staged or real?

It was real not staged. The idiots at the accounting firm Price Waterhouse Coopers had previously tallied the votes and held them secret gave Warren Beatty a duplicate envelope that had just been given towards the best actress category instead of the correct one for best picture . Poor Warren Beatty was made to look like a fool but it wasn't his fault. Too bad..it really stole some of the luster from the producers of Moonlight doing their acceptance speech.

N

Nekro

Eric Roberts is such an epic actor!!! Lately he's in tons of low budget horror/thriller movies. He was in Human Centipede 3, that new bobo the clown movie, yesterday we saw him in The Institute, but he really pops up in like every 5th horror lately, and it makes me appreciate him much more than before, he's fun and cool in these movies and clearly having fun in these roles.

Reactions: britbox

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
My sister can't stand Mel Gibson, but she tells me Hacksaw Ridge is one of the best movies she's ever seen. The guy can direct a movie! All of his directorships have been extraordinary

I watched it a couple of days ago. Good movie. Had the same vibe as the TV series "A Band of Brothers" which I thought was class.

N

Nekro

I wasn't sure if was going to watch it as it had some pretty crap reviews. So it's worth a look?
Yeah, compared to the past 5-6 horrors we watched it was quite good. We watch every single horror that comes out though, so we're not choosy , the only one we stopped watching was the Blair Witch which was not only found footage but totally crappy and unwatchable too.

N

Nekro

Watched "The Bye Bye Man 2017" yesterday evening, it was great. Finally something with an old school vibe, great gore scenes, great supernatural stuff, fun movie.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Saw "Get Out" on Saturday. It is very smart, creepy, and funny.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Watched "Grimsby" - a Sasha Baren Cohen flick yesterday. Pretty crap to be honest... a couple of parts made me laugh but nowhere near as good as Borat.

N

Nekro

^Watched Skull Island, it was cool, still have to watch Grimsby.

Yesterday watched "The Guardians" 2017, a Russian superhero movie, it was fun and cute :D

N

Nekro

hahaha yesterday evening they gave this masterpiece again on TV, it almost killed me i was laughing so hard......
Now i found it with eng subs and started watching it again, can't get bored of it, so good.....