The Movie Reel

Tennis Fan

Major Winner
Reactions
It's thought provoking. Joseph Gordon-Levitt did a great job of portraying a conscientious human being in a ruthless world of politics. I recommend it. Since I already watched a documentary about him, some things were familiar. Oliver Stone can make anybody step back and think about different issues. Love his work.

And the seats in our new cinema are fabulous, like those in business class on airplanes.:)

What movie is this, Billie? I love Joseph Gordon-Levitt. Seems like a real cool dude.

Tennis Fan

Major Winner
Reactions
I've always been a little underwhelmed by Tom Hanks to be frank. I've thought a few movies were OK but he ain't in my elite list of actors.

Me too. The only movie I liked him in was Philadelphia. He and Denzel Washington did a great job. High praise coming from me since I'm underwhelmed by both of them.

Tennis Fan

Major Winner
Reactions
LIST your favorite -- and/or -- greatest actors.
JUST ACTING ability...in the ENGLISH-speaking world , although i have plenty OUTSIDE that...but never mind........

MINE -- A few anyway>

Marlon Brando, Lawrence OLIVIER, JOHN GIELGUD, VANESSA REDGRAVE, daniel day lewis, christian bale gets the cut for me though still not at his heights, (who played that shortliveD DRACULA a few years back -- and in TUDORS?)

MAGGIE SMITH, HELEN MIRREN, ALBERT FINNEY, KATE WINSLET, OLIVER REED, EMILY BLUNT, heath ledger, jude law, Richard BUrton..JUDE LAW, TERENCE STAMP, HUGO WEAVING, (who played the main role in the remake of 'THE TIME MACHINE? -- THE aussie actor from PRISCILLA, QUEEN OF THE DESERT? he gets in my list of real talents.)

JULIE WATERS, CHIWETEL EJIOFOR, GLENDA JACKSON (oh my god) ,
PETER FINCH...

and more ..these are TRUE thespian greats..

against whom the likes of HANKS are acting NOBODIES.

Bette Davis, Jude Law, Sean Connery, Richard Gere, Maggie Smith, Clint Eastwood, Bruce Willis, Morgan Freeman, Tim Robbins, Susan Sarandon, and probably more.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
LIST your favorite -- and/or -- greatest actors.
JUST ACTING ability...in the ENGLISH-speaking world , although i have plenty OUTSIDE that...but never mind........

MINE -- A few anyway>

Marlon Brando, Lawrence OLIVIER, JOHN GIELGUD, VANESSA REDGRAVE, daniel day lewis, christian bale gets the cut for me though still not at his heights, (who played that shortliveD DRACULA a few years back -- and in TUDORS?)

MAGGIE SMITH, HELEN MIRREN, ALBERT FINNEY, KATE WINSLET, OLIVER REED, EMILY BLUNT, heath ledger, jude law, Richard BUrton..JUDE LAW, TERENCE STAMP, HUGO WEAVING, (who played the main role in the remake of 'THE TIME MACHINE? -- THE aussie actor from PRISCILLA, QUEEN OF THE DESERT? he gets in my list of real talents.)

JULIE WATERS, CHIWETEL EJIOFOR, GLENDA JACKSON (oh my god) ,
PETER FINCH...

and more ..these are TRUE thespian greats..

against whom the likes of HANKS are acting NOBODIES.

I guess you like British actors teddy!

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
New trailers for Star Wars fans... This Rogue One offshoot movie has flown beneath the radar a bit, but I'm looking forward to it. Always take the kids to the cinema on Christmas Eve and this fits the bill for 2016.

Tennis Fan

Major Winner
Reactions
It's "Snowden", Tennis Fan. JGL is a good young actor, I agree.

Never heard of it. I'm going to look for it. JGL is doing a new commercial and he is so darn cool. He also did a dance on lip sync that I found on YouTube. He can really dance, and such a cutie too. Something so charming and endearing about him.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Not too surprised. Fisher's made various comments in the past that made you think a bit of rumpy pumpy might have taken place.

I was not aware of that, I guess I shouldn't be too surprised. Even though he was married it is kind of cool being a bit of a Star Wars geek and all :)

Tennis Fan

Major Winner
Reactions
The movie Carol came on again. One of the leads was Cate Blanchett. That's the name I was trying to remember.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Oh folks, Fantastic Beasts - fantastic movie! If you love the Harry Potter flicks, this one might even be better!

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Kieran said:
Oh folks, Fantastic Beasts - fantastic movie! If you love the Harry Potter flicks, this one might even be better!
FB was better than that HP stuff..this was darker and had more of a adult type of theme

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
Kieran said:
FB was better than that HP stuff..this was darker and had more of a adult type of theme

I thought so too. And no pesky kids. Looking forward to the second one!