Serious PC thread

Horsa

Equine-loving rhyme-artist
Reactions
You can uncover some fascinating stuff when you delve into it. How far back did you manage to go?
It is fascinating. I managed to go back as far as written records with ancient written stories about Pictish roots that had been passed down from generations which I thought was cool.

Reactions: britbox

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Reactions: shawnbm

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Well, it is insanity. But then, every race and culture has dirt on them and could be called to task to answer for something at some time. The only exception may be the Jewish folk. Even the Native American Indians butchered other Indians and the European folks who crossed over. The Chinese and other peoples of the Far East have done the same. Africa? Tribal leaders were willing participants (for money, finery and liquor) in the TransAtlantic slave trade. The Muslim Berber pirates enslaved well over a million southern Europeans over the centuries. The aboriginal people in Australia had their problems, and the Middle Eastern people have a long history of atrocities. Even the Nordic peoples had their ferocious and pillaging periods.

Reactions: tented and Kieran

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
can someone explain to me how these people aren't just batshit crazy communists??

It’s based on a bogus reading of history, one which the left seem very happy to accept. There was a viral moment during the Queen’s funeral where Don Lemon was interviewing a Royal commentator and he slipped badly by mentioning reparations, at 1’ 45” into this video.

She was correct in what she said and I’m glad that Black History Month has yet another important milestone in black history to be educated on, which is that black Africans were selling their neighbours to foreign countries as slaves:

Reactions: tented

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Wow, this bloke really lays it all out clearly, with regards to reparations for slavery! I felt like applauding him myself at the end..

Reactions: Horsa

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Well, it is insanity. But then, every race and culture has dirt on them and could be called to task to answer for something at some time. The only exception may be the Jewish folk. Even the Native American Indians butchered other Indians and the European folks who crossed over. The Chinese and other peoples of the Far East have done the same. Africa? Tribal leaders were willing participants (for money, finery and liquor) in the TransAtlantic slave trade. The Muslim Berber pirates enslaved well over a million southern Europeans over the centuries. The aboriginal people in Australia had their problems, and the Middle Eastern people have a long history of atrocities. Even the Nordic peoples had their ferocious and pillaging periods.
Jewish folk aren't any exception mate. The Russian Revolution and the Old Testament put that idea to bed.

Every race, creed and culture has blood on their hands.

The question is... how do we fix it?

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
^ true britbox. After I posted that I realized other Canaanite cultutes might view the Hebrew conquest of those lands as less than happy. As for the Russian Revolution, I have never chalked that up to Jewry in a general sense--more of a political overthrow arising out the First World War and the class issues of the day. As to fixing it, I do not view reparations as the way; it will only serve to create more problems in the here and now stemming from way back there and then. A recipe for disaster.

Reactions: Kieran

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
1679312876965.jpeg

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Not just take part in some examples; they claim to have set new records.
It’s shocking. I’m still not fully able to figure out why so many countries around the western world have capitulated so easily…

• Sad
Reactions: shawnbm

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
It’s shocking. I’m still not fully able to figure out why so many countries around the western world have capitulated so easily…
I suspect they are under the ilusion cases like the above will be so statistically irrelevant that they won't make a diference in the overall scenario, so they can now say to the activists that they are progressive enough, and later on tell the ones complaining that they were histerical and nothing fundamental has changed.

Needless to say that their assumption is overly stupid. First, records and champions are statistical outliers, to begin with.

Second, once you change the ground rules, you change everything....

People are afraid to have a difficult but needed discussion, so they just hope that they can avoid it by postponing it untill it is not needed anymore.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I suspect they are under the ilusion cases like the above will be so statistically irrelevant that they won't make a diference in the overall scenario, so they can now say to the activists that they are progressive enough, and later on tell the ones complaining that they were histerical and nothing fundamental has changed.

Needless to say that their assumption is overly stupid. First, records and champions are statistical outliers, to begin with.

Second, once you change the ground rules, you change everything....

People are afraid to have a difficult but needed discussion, so they just hope that they can avoid it by postponing it untill it is not needed anymore.
This is true but the problem is that governments are accepting the erasure of women as a price worth paying, if it keeps the loud and aggressive trans lobby quiet.

I read this in an article in The Sunday Times this weekend and decided to look it up. On our own government website, with reference to menopause, they tell us that:
When this website talks about “women” it is intended in the most inclusive sense of the word. It is used as shorthand to describe all those who identify as women as well as those that do not identify as women but who share women’s biological realities and experiences. In using this term, we seek to include not exclude.
In other words, ‘woman’ is not a word in itself - it’s ‘shorthand’, a code word for whatever activists insists a woman is, which is basically nothing at all, when you think closely about this. Could be a man, could be a woman: the word ‘woman’ has no defined meaning that is distinct from opinion on what it means.

On a similar government website, regarding prostate cancer, it’s simply titled A Guide For Men, with photos of men looking like men and no such qualifiers or explanations of why the word ‘men’ is really a shorthand code for something else.

Women are being erased, and at the highest level of governments. Ireland is not alone in practising this misogyny…

tented

Administrator
Reactions

I don’t think some of the things he mentions are degenerate, however I agree with the overall concept of not exposing children to these concepts without explicit permission from their parents — which would include not introducing them to such things at all if the parents would prefer that. Personally, even as a gay man, I can’t imagine having had a drag queen coming into my elementary school for drag queen story hour.

Reactions: mrzz

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I don’t think some of the things he mentions are degenerate, however I agree with the overall concept of not exposing children to these concepts without explicit permission from their parents — which would include not introducing them to such things at all if the parents would prefer that. Personally, even as a gay man, I can’t imagine having had a drag queen coming into my elementary school for drag queen story hour.
I don't believe you should need to "opt-out" of drag queen hour - it shouldn't be on the curriculum to begin with.

Reactions: shawnbm and tented
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T World Affairs 13
britbox World Affairs 82
britbox World Affairs 1004
britbox World Affairs 8540