Serious PC thread

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
First the link and right after it an excerpt from the beginning of the "article". Not to mention that this is one of the dumbest pieces of shit I've ever read in my life, the lovely thing here is that a lot of self-declared "wokes" will suddenly "discover" that they were digitally blackfacing -- and therefore being racists. Maybe this is just another day at the office (or better, church) for this sad group of people -- discovering a new sin of theirs, and then repenting, and then "evolving" (to what, insects?). My only hope is that in all this craziness, the serpent might end up devouring itself.

Actually, not my only hope. A very big rock with just the right orbit would do wonders as well.

Maybe you shared that viral video of Kimberly “Sweet Brown” Wilkins telling a reporter after narrowly escaping an apartment fire, “Ain’t nobody got time for that!”

Perhaps you posted that meme of supermodel Tyra Banks exploding in anger on “America’s Next Top Model” (“I was rooting for you! We were all rooting for you!”). Or maybe you’ve simply posted popular GIFs, such as the one of NBA great Michael Jordan crying, or of drag queen RuPaul declaring, “Guuuurl…”

If you’re Black and you’ve shared such images online, you get a pass. But if you’re White, you may have inadvertently perpetuated one of the most insidious forms of contemporary racism.

You may be wearing “digital blackface.”

What is digital blackface?​

Digital blackface is a practice where White people co-opt online expressions of Black imagery, slang, catchphrases or culture to convey comic relief or express emotions.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
First the link and right after it an excerpt from the beginning of the "article". Not to mention that this is one of the dumbest pieces of shit I've ever read in my life, the lovely thing here is that a lot of self-declared "wokes" will suddenly "discover" that they were digitally blackfacing -- and therefore being racists. Maybe this is just another day at the office (or better, church) for this sad group of people -- discovering a new sin of theirs, and then repenting, and then "evolving" (to what, insects?). My only hope is that in all this craziness, the serpent might end up devouring itself.

Actually, not my only hope. A very big rock with just the right orbit would do wonders as well.

Maybe you shared that viral video of Kimberly “Sweet Brown” Wilkins telling a reporter after narrowly escaping an apartment fire, “Ain’t nobody got time for that!”

Perhaps you posted that meme of supermodel Tyra Banks exploding in anger on “America’s Next Top Model” (“I was rooting for you! We were all rooting for you!”). Or maybe you’ve simply posted popular GIFs, such as the one of NBA great Michael Jordan crying, or of drag queen RuPaul declaring, “Guuuurl…”

If you’re Black and you’ve shared such images online, you get a pass. But if you’re White, you may have inadvertently perpetuated one of the most insidious forms of contemporary racism.

Digital blackface is a practice where White people co-opt online expressions of Black imagery, slang, catchphrases or culture to convey comic relief or express emotions.
This shit is really getting out of hand. There’s literally some prick in a basement coming up with this garbage

Reactions: mrzz and tented

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Love Miss Gabbard--she is the real article

Reactions: mrzz

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
1679950313138.jpeg

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
wow... this nut case is trying to link Jews in the 30s to trans-folk now...:facepalm:

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
This is hilarious, and to be honest I'm surprised this hasn't happened before... The woke-istas have been fucking around for a while. Now they'll find out :face-with-tears-of-joy:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: tented

tented

Administrator
Reactions
This is hilarious, and to be honest I'm surprised this hasn't happened before... The woke-istas having been fucking around for a while. Now they'll find out :face-with-tears-of-joy:

That’s both funny and pitiful, but it will take such actions for people to quit this crap of men breaking women’s sports records.

I sent a link to Martina’s twitter account. She has been vocal about her disdain for men entering women’s sports.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
That’s both funny and pitiful, but it will take such actions for people to quit this crap of men breaking women’s sports records.

I sent a link to Martina’s twitter account. She has been vocal about her disdain for men entering women’s sports.
awesome idea to send it to Martina!

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions

Is it just me or are black people some of the most explicit racists in America today?

This woman ‘works‘ in the DEI thingy. She will face zero repercussions for what she said:

C4575722-E922-44C0-8C24-55B62DE93C85.jpeg

• Angry
Reactions: tented and shawnbm

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
This kind of malarkey hurts the ongoing efforts to make things better for all concerned. The idea that only the majority can spew racist comments is ludicrous.
I've had this argument with people before. In any space.. whether race, gender, sexuality... pick another... the minority can be prejudiced against the majority. Two wrongs don't make a right is a cliche for a reason. The fact that a huge amount of identity politics is built on that awful foundation is one of my greatest problems with this current era!

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
mic drop indeed...

This woman is so extraordinarily clear-minded that I can't imagine how anyone could disagree with her. She's what we used to call a "feminist." Now we'd call her a TERF. She's so spot on that I watched that 3 times and took notes, most especially on her line that "Women have internalised misogyny to the point where the mans comfort takes precedence over the woman’s safety."

It's the most tragic thing I've heard in a long time, because it seems to be totally true, although I note also that the shows host disagrees with her and says that you can be "so open-minded that your brains fall out." That could unfortunately be also true...

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
You were on to this a while ago @britbox

@Moxie please take note

You sure seem to have a lot of time to watch videos against trans people, huh? 40 MORE minutes? Since you tagged me, I'll respond. If this woman was in "my camp," and I put up this video as an argument, I have to think I could hear you howling from here. I knew Jennifer Bilek in the old downtown art scene days from the 80s. She was a minor artist back when almost anyone could be an artist; a self-promoter, and a bit of a kook. Now, apparently, she has a hair salon business, and calls herself an "investigative journalist," just because she has a blog. And her blogging is really only associated with fairly far-right, extremist types. I won't bother to find out if she deserves the anti-semitic views she's been accused of, because I doubt she's worth 38+ minutes of my time. Why is she worth that much of yours? Just because she sings the same song? I'm honestly surprised if you're falling for her as any kind of "authority." I'm not unwilling to talk about how complicated this "trans" thing is, and our concerns. I have a friend from the really old east village/Warhol days who knew all the trans people, and he's concerned that this is different. He's concerned about the hormones people will take forever. He says Candy Darling, who was a friend of his, died from the hormones. (She officially died of lymphoma at 29.) I'm willing to discuss, but I'm not interested in an endless stream of long videos with people of questionable provenance. The sad thing, to me, about this thread, is that it has ceased to be a conversation, and is now just mainly an endless stream of self-reinforcing memes and videos.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
You sure seem to have a lot of time to watch videos against trans people, huh? 40 MORE minutes? Since you tagged me, I'll respond. If this woman was in "my camp," and I put up this video as an argument, I have to think I could hear you howling from here. I knew Jennifer Bilek in the old downtown art scene days from the 80s. She was a minor artist back when almost anyone could be an artist; a self-promoter, and a bit of a kook. Now, apparently, she has a hair salon business, and calls herself an "investigative journalist," just because she has a blog. And her blogging is really only associated with fairly far-right, extremist types. I won't bother to find out if she deserves the anti-semitic views she's been accused of, because I doubt she's worth 38+ minutes of my time. Why is she worth that much of yours? Just because she sings the same song? I'm honestly surprised if you're falling for her as any kind of "authority." I'm not unwilling to talk about how complicated this "trans" thing is, and our concerns. I have a friend from the really old east village/Warhol days who knew all the trans people, and he's concerned that this is different. He's concerned about the hormones people will take forever. He says Candy Darling, who was a friend of his, died from the hormones. (She officially died of lymphoma at 29.) I'm willing to discuss, but I'm not interested in an endless stream of long videos with people of questionable provenance. The sad thing, to me, about this thread, is that it has ceased to be a conversation, and is now just mainly an endless stream of self-reinforcing memes and videos.
There you go again dismissing somebody as “far right”, but you’ll vote for people who are far left. If you think far left is okay, then what’s so wrong with far right? By the way, the biggest danger in the west today by a long shot, is the far left. By a long shot. They’re actively tearing it down, and the erasure of women is only a part of it. Now you’re saying that you’re “not unwilling to talk about how complicated this trans thing is, and our concerns?” You were cheerleading the blue haired activists who were abusing young children, and dismissing any critics as being “far right.” You thought the activist who Josh Hawley cross-examined made good points - when all she was saying was that men can become pregnant, and that his questions were causing violence. The problem for you was Josh Hawley, not the bug-eyed, hate-filled radical.

This thread hasn’t ceased to be a conversation, we’re still discussing trans because it’s a madness that’s infecting society and destroying women’s lives, but suddenly you remember your friend from the village who says exactly the same thing we’ve been saying, “that this is different”, that the hormones are a problem, but because he’s presumably from the left, you finally agree with us?

The left is the problem, with regards to trans, and if right wingers are the only ones still defending women, little children and gay people, then you need to side with them against the left. But - I’m not a right winger and I’ve been saying this for ages about trans. I doubt @Federberg or @tented are right wing and they’re saying it. People need to stop following their tribes on these things. They’re erasing women and sitting having tea in the White House with your wonderful President because the left opened the door to their more lunatic members, who are now running the show…

Reactions: tented and nehmeth

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
you really have to stop this instinct you have to try and shame. You're preaching to the wrong audience and doing it like a little Gen Z girl. I always resist the conspiracy theories but I did find it interesting that this person is singing exactly the same song that our friend @britbox has been singing for years now. Not sure I believe it all, but I haven't heard anyone else explain to me why all of a sudden a few years back all the crazies started going mainstream trying to tell me that just because you have a dick it doesn't mean you're a man. Which by the way remains one of the most retarded views I've ever had the displeasure of hearing. The fact that people like you who appear smart seem to have swallowed that nonsense whole is frankly alarming to me. It blows my mind that you seem to want to go along with it, and that you don't seem to appreciate the utter stupidity and danger of such dumb-fuckery is terrifying to me. And I'll tell you this for free... the fact that Biden recently sent out a tweet supporting all this trans shit freaks the hell out of me too. It makes me want Trump out of the picture something fierce. Please please let a non-cultish Republican become GOP leader so we have an alternative. Let humanity get back on track. I am utterly fed up with virtue signalling whackos trying to re-program our values and change our language. If all of this nonsense is because some tech billionaire is trying to prepare us all to be cyborgs then I want the guy gone so we can all go back to normal human beings. And if that bothers you... I don't give a shit

Last edited:
Reactions: Kieran and nehmeth
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T World Affairs 13
britbox World Affairs 82
britbox World Affairs 1004
britbox World Affairs 8540