Serious PC thread

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
One thing the left have been good at for years - the only thing they’ve been good at, maybe - is branding. They’ve come up with good slogans and they’ve been imaginative in the way they’ve used language. They’ve abused it so well, that they make the small grain of truth seem like the whole of it.

Check them out: white privilege, toxic masculinity, white fragility, believe all women, black lives matter. All of these are catchy have some obvious truth in them, but the whole truth is that there’s black privilege, toxic femininity, black fragility, believe some women - and some men - all lives matter, etc. In other words, they’re only stating what Basil Fawlty would call “the bleeding obvious”, but these things are like sacred hymns for their tribe.

There’s also their remarkable innovations for gender language - gender fluid, cisgender, etc. Because the left is so misogynist, I can’t see how anyone can vote for them. But I give them credit for their ballsy assaults on language and reason…
I keep saying it, if Trump wasn't such a colossal lying asshole, the Dems would be crushed. But as long as Trumpism, election denialism and an antidemocratic threat from the right that's so in your face, the Dems will continue to remain viable. That's not to say that the Dems mentality isn't anti-democratic as well. In. fact in many ways it's worse. But the Republicans are so blatant with the authoritarian stuff it's easy to miss what the Dems and more specifically progressive activists are doing.

Take De Santis, his decrees against schools and corporations in Florida are clumsy and I find it hard to believe he can win the candidacy. He's not Trump, and he should make libertarians and old school Republicans uncomfortable. I would love to see some other anti-Trump Republican governors step up. No one who was in the Trump administration qualifies in my view. But I doubt there's anyone with charisma. As things stand it's hard to see past another Biden win. Which is damn weird to say

Reactions: shawnbm and Kieran

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I keep saying it, if Trump wasn't such a colossal lying asshole, the Dems would be crushed. But as long as Trumpism, election denialism and an antidemocratic threat from the right that's so in your face, the Dems will continue to remain viable. That's not to say that the Dems mentality isn't anti-democratic as well. In. fact in many ways it's worse. But the Republicans are so blatant with the authoritarian stuff it's easy to miss what the Dems and more specifically progressive activists are doing.

Take De Santis, his decrees against schools and corporations in Florida are clumsy and I find it hard to believe he can win the candidacy. He's not Trump, and he should make libertarians and old school Republicans uncomfortable. I would love to see some other anti-Trump Republican governors step up. No one who was in the Trump administration qualifies in my view. But I doubt there's anyone with charisma. As things stand it's hard to see past another Biden win. Which is damn weird to say
Well that’s true, America is caught between a rock and a hard place with their candidates and the clashing ideas, almost all of them divisive and simplistic. Village idiot politics, to a large extent. But I’m thinking of the left everywhere, infected with racist and misogynistic ideas. I’m not advocating for the right. I wish that anyone who’s thinking of which candidate is best for them would ditch their tribal identities and treat each candidate according to the issues…

Reactions: Federberg

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
This begs the obvious questions - why are the police involved? And are the pupils now going to be protected from the obvious violence and death threats that come their way?

Far as I know, the Batley grammar school teacher who was inundated with death threats after showing school kids an image of Mohammad is still in hiding. Members of his family also had to go into hiding too. This is unacceptable of course, except that we do accept it… :facepalm:

• Angry
Reactions: TheSicilian

Horsa

Equine-loving rhyme-artist
Reactions
This begs the obvious questions - why are the police involved? And are the pupils now going to be protected from the obvious violence and death threats that come their way?

Far as I know, the Batley grammar school teacher who was inundated with death threats after showing school kids an image of Mohammad is still in hiding. Members of his family also had to go into hiding too. This is unacceptable of course, except that we do accept it… :facepalm:

Aww! My goodness! That's disgusting. This is very scary for me. It's only 2 bus rides away from me.

(I'm very sorry to everyone for bringing this topic off-topic but it is really scary for me.)

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Aww! My goodness! That's disgusting. This is very scary for me. It's only 2 bus rides away from me.

(I'm very sorry to everyone for bringing this topic off-topic but it is really scary for me.)
It’s scary for everyone. The trans jihadists are children compared to the real thing, where you get cancelled permanently…

Horsa

Reactions
It’s scary for everyone. The trans jihadists are children compared to the real thing, where you get cancelled permanently…
I agree but when it's 2 bus rides away from you (about 2 hours), it's even scarier.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I agree but when it's 2 bus rides away from you (about 2 hours), it's even scarier.
2 hours in any direction should keep you safe. These lunatics tend to keep their promises when they threaten violence. Look at poor Salman Rushdie. Luckily he survived. But the fact that they murdered people over cartoons on the funny pages of a Danish newspaper, and a nun was shot dead because they were too barbarically stupid to understand what Pope Benedict said in a private talk in Renesberg shows that these bullies like to kill.

This reminds me of a classic Christopher Hitchens moment.

• Sad

Horsa

Reactions
2 hours in any direction should keep you safe. These lunatics tend to keep their promises when they threaten violence. Look at poor Salman Rushdie. Luckily he survived. But the fact that they murdered people over cartoons on the funny pages of a Danish newspaper, and a nun was shot dead because they were too barbarically stupid to understand what Pope Benedict said in a private talk in Renesberg shows that these bullies like to kill.

This reminds me of a classic Christopher Hitchens moment.

O.K. Thank you very much.

I agree. They're just blood-thirsty maniacs who don't care about other people & will do whatever it takes to get people to do what they want them to.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
O.K. Thank you very much.

I agree. They're just blood-thirsty maniacs who don't care about other people & will do whatever it takes to get people to do what they want them to.
Well, they’ve already succeeded in that terrible task, unfortunately. When the Charley Hebdo murders happened, the press reported it but didn’t show the images that Islamists took offence at. They were wrong not to show them, because it was part of their job, but at the same time they were aware that had they shown the images, then they’d invite reprisals. Their staff and their families were in danger.

A suggestion was put forward that every western media outlet should release the images at the same time, but that came to nothing, probably for the same reason. The unfortunate truth being that Islamists are the most successful cancellers of all, when it comes to what you say or do in the modern media. The trans cry-bullies use the same template - to attack fiercely and violently in order to deter the next poor honest soul, but Islamists have succeeded in silencing the west…

• Angry

Horsa

Reactions
Well, they’ve already succeeded in that terrible task, unfortunately. When the Charley Hebdo murders happened, the press reported it but didn’t show the images that Islamists took offence at. They were wrong not to show them, because it was part of their job, but at the same time they were aware that had they shown the images, then they’d invite reprisals. Their staff and their families were in danger.

A suggestion was put forward that every western media outlet should release the images at the same time, but that came to nothing, probably for the same reason. The unfortunate truth being that Islamists are the most successful cancellers of all, when it comes to what you say or do in the modern media. The trans cry-bullies use the same template - to attack fiercely and violently in order to deter the next poor honest soul, but Islamists have succeeded in silencing the west…
I'm aware of that & remember it although I don't like to think about it. I had a rant in rhyme at the time (in the form of a protest song) putting together all they'd done to get it out of my system & make me feel better. I often used poetry to cushion the blows (until I attended a few in person creative writing classes & was told writing wasn't about thoughts & feelings but about telling your story, sharing your memories & scattering words on a page)

Last edited:
Reactions: Kieran

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
B0381C40-BEE4-4D7B-92A9-6B4E404F789D.png

The only thing wrong with this image is that the Daily Mail, supposedly conservative, calls Sam Smith “them”. As Douglas Murray once said, “Sam Smith identifies as Look at me…”

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Why are sickos being allowed into schools to “teach” children about gender? This really makes my blood boil and is proof that children are being groomed by being exposed to things which are not age appropriate.

Sex education is suspended in Isle of Man school after drag queen guest speaker 'tells 11-year-olds there are 73 genders - and made a child who said there are ''only two'' leave the class'

From the article:
The children were also taught about oral and anal sex, while another group were informed about sex change operations and how skin grafts can be used to on an artificial penis.

One teacher is also said to have had to teach pupils in Year 7 and 8 how to masturbate.

Vice-chairman of Marown Commissioners Eliza Cox told Energy FM Isle of Man: 'A lot of children are just too traumatised to even talk to their parents. As a parent, you don’t know what children are being taught.'

Some of these kids are as young as 11. How it got so far that they allowed a drag queen into the classes in three first placed should be the first question. I can only imagine the anxiety parents feel when their kids are in school nowadays. They’re being indoctrinated with lies, and being groomed sexually, and all as part of the curriculum…

• Angry
Reactions: tented and shawnbm

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Thought this video clip was fascinating, and the first comment below was astonishingly powerful to me...

"the crazy part is how a transman tells everyone how cis men MUST FEEL instead of listening to cis men. almost like we tell you exactly how we feel but you don't listen"

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Why are sickos being allowed into schools to “teach” children about gender? This really makes my blood boil and is proof that children are being groomed by being exposed to things which are not age appropriate.

Sex education is suspended in Isle of Man school after drag queen guest speaker 'tells 11-year-olds there are 73 genders - and made a child who said there are ''only two'' leave the class'

From the article:

Some of these kids are as young as 11. How it got so far that they allowed a drag queen into the classes in three first placed should be the first question. I can only imagine the anxiety parents feel when their kids are in school nowadays. They’re being indoctrinated with lies, and being groomed sexually, and all as part of the curriculum…
Wow! This is stunning. Schools should not be teaching young kids there are 73 genders, or teaching them how to masturbate. Incredible.

Reactions: shawnbm and Kieran

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Wow! This is stunning. Schools should not be teaching young kids there are 73 genders, or teaching them how to masturbate. Incredible.
Isn’t it? But this is what’s happening and it’s not easy to understand why it’s happening. No amount of condemnation shames these swine..

Reactions: shawnbm

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Thought this video clip was fascinating, and the first comment below was astonishingly powerful to me...

"the crazy part is how a transman tells everyone how cis men MUST FEEL instead of listening to cis men. almost like we tell you exactly how we feel but you don't listen"

This is great and I agree with the comment but my only quibble would be that the commenter used that Trojan horse word, “cis.” Once we start to use this term, we’re acknowledging that it has some meaning, when actually it doesn’t…

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I suppose we wouldn’t be doing due diligence as thrashers of ignorance if we ignore the ‘sensitivity readers’ story surrounding the edits of books by Roald Dahl and Ian Fleming. I was in my local library chinwagging with the librarian about books and we were talking about genre Detective books, and got into this. Wait till they come for so and so, etc.

The authors currently being gulaged apparently used the word “fat” to describe…eh…am I allowed to say it? Full disclosure, I’m skinny. Always have been. Could do with putting on a few pounds. It isn’t offensive to say this, even if I say it about myself. It can become a health issue, but from a strength and fitness point of view, I’m not at the optimum.

There are of course other words found to be unpalatable in these books, to do with race and gender. I’d like to hear an argument in favour of editing them though. I have yet to read one or hear of one that makes sense. Generally the argument goes that we should be more sensitive - which is absolutely no argument for interfering with books.

My issue is that no ideology should ever interfere with art. No politics, no religion. And that if they get away with changing the writings of the past, then they’ve deleted part of history, leaving us with an inaccurate view of people from back then. But also, I would say we should educate the present to understand the past, rather than delete or misrepresent the past.

Also, we should know that in our time of speedy changes of correct protocol and terminology, we will look ridiculous to the future, if they also feel frisky about changing our books. This rapid rewriting will take place weeks and months, rather than years and decades, after our books are published. Colloquialisms will be destroyed. Local humour will suffer.

And as well, we should understand that no matter how progressive we think we are, in the future we will be judged harshly, just as we harshly judge the past, and for reasons we probably won’t expect. Does this mean that they in the future should erase our views, and alter our art? This is more akin to erasing our existence than misgendering some ugly preening narcissist.

Finally, the more crucial aspect is this: while they’re tackling the past, they also pay sensitivity readers to alert publishers to problematical uses of language in books not yet published. They’re bringing these cleansing ideologies into movie making and television. They’re demanding their erroneous ideas of race and gender be followed in art and theatre and cinema, and so on.

And so we have a clash of civilisations within our own civilisation - and we’re losing…

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I suppose we wouldn’t be doing due diligence as thrashers of ignorance if we ignore the ‘sensitivity readers’ story surrounding the edits of books by Roald Dahl and Ian Fleming. I was in my local library chinwagging with the librarian about books and we were talking about genre Detective books, and got into this. Wait till they come for so and so, etc.

The authors currently being gulaged apparently used the word “fat” to describe…eh…am I allowed to say it? Full disclosure, I’m skinny. Always have been. Could do with putting on a few pounds. It isn’t offensive to say this, even if I say it about myself. It can become a health issue, but from a strength and fitness point of view, I’m not at the optimum.

There are of course other words found to be unpalatable in these books, to do with race and gender. I’d like to hear an argument in favour of editing them though. I have yet to read one or hear of one that makes sense. Generally the argument goes that we should be more sensitive - which is absolutely no argument for interfering with books.

My issue is that no ideology should ever interfere with art. No politics, no religion. And that if they get away with changing the writings of the past, then they’ve deleted part of history, leaving us with an inaccurate view of people from back then. But also, I would say we should educate the present to understand the past, rather than delete or misrepresent the past.

Also, we should know that in our time of speedy changes of correct protocol and terminology, we will look ridiculous to the future, if they also feel frisky about changing our books. This rapid rewriting will take place weeks and months, rather than years and decades, after our books are published. Colloquialisms will be destroyed. Local humour will suffer.

And as well, we should understand that no matter how progressive we think we are, in the future we will be judged harshly, just as we harshly judge the past, and for reasons we probably won’t expect. Does this mean that they in the future should erase our views, and alter our art? This is more akin to erasing our existence than misgendering some ugly preening narcissist.

Finally, the more crucial aspect is this: while they’re tackling the past, they also pay sensitivity readers to alert publishers to problematical uses of language in books not yet published. They’re bringing these cleansing ideologies into movie making and television. They’re demanding their erroneous ideas of race and gender be followed in art and theatre and cinema, and so on.

And so we have a clash of civilisations within our own civilisation - and we’re losing…
capitalist that I am... the market will deal with this. In fact I believe it's already starting to. You only have to look at how disastrous things have been for Disney recently. Or how the attacks on J K Rowling have repeatedly failed. Or how all of these woke Hollywood movies keep tanking. People are voting with their dollars and at some point the movies studios will listen, and if the script writers fail to get the message, they'll get new ones. Can't wait for that to happen!

Reactions: mrzz and Kieran
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T World Affairs 13
britbox World Affairs 82
britbox World Affairs 1004
britbox World Affairs 8540