Serious PC thread

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I'll try to investigate to find out exactly what the nature of the cat calling was. There might be some literature out there in the ether.

Your story about being grabbed in the crotch instantly brought up a memory of walking down Ban Lang in Phuket. A gay Thai guy grabbed my crotch. My friends and a couple of Danish guys had to hold me back and calm me down. It was pointed out to me that the Thai's wouldn't take kindly to a foreigner beating the crap out of one of their own. I went back to my hotel room and insisted I was getting out of that Sodom and Gomorrah the next morning. We moved across the bay to Krabi that very next day :face-with-tears-of-joy:
I was hoping you could also appreciate some of the "laughing it off" that women do, as @Horsa says. We're used to it, and there is an amusing side to it, which I was trying to give some space here.

So you got grabbed in the crotch, too? Therefore, you can appreciate what it means to be physically and minorly sexually abused in public. In my case, I had more leeway than you, perhaps. I was a student, and had an armful of heavy books, and I threw them all at him, completely impetuously, and hit him full-on in the back. The "oomph" from him was satisfying, and he ran away. I was in no danger of retribution, I don't think. He was a coward. But we were on a small street, and I was with one girlfriend, otherwise the street was empty. I suppose it could have gone another way. (And please don't tell me I assaulted him.)

Your experience is likely a one-off, for a man. And you felt you were in Sodom and Gomorrah. Mine is but one example, as I live in this world as a woman. Any number of crotch grabs in the subways, around the world. (Paris subway is terrible.) A friend of mine taught me this one for the crowded subway: keep a straight pin in your lapel, and when a hand gropes you, poke it with the pin. That's very effective. But it's a bit sad we have to teach each other these techniques.

Here's a good one: I was on the bus to the Vatican from midtown Rome. A man, taking me as an American student, pressed his erection against me. I shouted out in Italian that the man was a disgusting pervert. The bus was full of nuns. They all swiveled around and glared at him, and he got off at the next stop. It's funny story, but it was also really disgusting. Did I need or deserve that? I have a worse one actually in St. Peter's, during mass. I wasn't comfortable to shout out, and it was hard to move away, in the crowd. You keep saying men are as abused as women. I really don't know how you calculate that.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I was hoping you could also appreciate some of the "laughing it off" that women do, as @Horsa says. We're used to it, and there is an amusing side to it, which I was trying to give some space here.

So you got grabbed in the crotch, too? Therefore, you can appreciate what it means to be physically and minorly sexually abused in public. In my case, I had more leeway than you, perhaps. I was a student, and had an armful of heavy books, and I threw them all at him, completely impetuously, and hit him full-on in the back. The "oomph" from him was satisfying, and he ran away. I was in no danger of retribution, I don't think. He was a coward. But we were on a small street, and I was with one girlfriend, otherwise the street was empty. I suppose it could have gone another way. (And please don't tell me I assaulted him.)

Your experience is likely a one-off, for a man. And you felt you were in Sodom and Gomorrah. Mine is but one example, as I live in this world as a woman. Any number of crotch grabs in the subways, around the world. (Paris subway is terrible.) A friend of mine taught me this one for the crowded subway: keep a straight pin in your lapel, and when a hand gropes you, poke it with the pin. That's very effective. But it's a bit sad we have to teach each other these techniques.

Here's a good one: I was on the bus to the Vatican from midtown Rome. A man, taking me as an American student, pressed his erection against me. I shouted out in Italian that the man was a disgusting pervert. The bus was full of nuns. They all swiveled around and glared at him, and he got off at the next stop. It's funny story, but it was also really disgusting. Did I need or deserve that? I have a worse one actually in St. Peter's, during mass. I wasn't comfortable to shout out, and it was hard to move away, in the crowd. You keep saying men are as abused as women. I really don't know how you calculate that.
why would you think I would suggest you had assaulted him?? That's weird to me. I wanted to break bones.

You obviously haven't been to Ban Lang. There are lady boys everywhere, mingled in with prostitutes. Why any dude would bang a prostitute there confounds me. How do you know you're not messing with a trans gender? The place felt like the very pit of depravity, I was already unimpressed before the crotch grabbing incident. After that I totally lost it, and just wanted to go to a place with a nice beach, and I was prepared to ditch the group, and leave on my own. Thankfully Krabi was wonderful and we hired a boat that took us to the Pi Pi Islands and also stopped off at the little island where they shot the movie The Beach. Mostly good memories :)

Don't presume to tell me the extent of my experiences, this is something very frustrating that you do. I've had women grab my butt... multiple times. Women call out to me to turn around so they could see my butt. A woman fondle my crotch. I've even had women walk right up to me and kiss me on the lips, without my even knowing her. This is life in a big city. The fact that in 2 of the incidents they were extremely hot women is neither here nor there. I'm just telling you things happen to men too. It's not as one sided as you seem to believe. Men just don't talk about it. I'm not going to say I ever felt under any physical threat, I'm a big guy. But it's a fact that they felt entitled to do what they wanted, and probably thought I should consider myself lucky. I'll be god damned if I ever assign victimhood to myself, I would surrender my balls first

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
The people I was talking to were Argentines (Porteños,) and Uruguayans. They weren't lying. And they were intelligent people, with considered, informed opinions. You may not agree with them, but I assure you they weren't making it up for my amusement.

Here we go... and I really don´t have that much time.

First, Porteños. That means they are from Buenos Aires -- not Argentinians in general. To begin with, there is a huge, but a huge difference in the ethnic composition of people from Buenos Aires and the rest of the country. A lot of high noses in BA in that sense, but that is another story.

Why I mention this? Buenos Aires has huge Italian and Spanish roots, and it accounts for around 40% of the total Argentinian population. The rest of the country is *completely* different, extremely miscegenated among a lot of different ethnicities -- foremost indigenous ones. So, any pseudo study that mentions the Argentinian population and does not account for this starts wrong from scratch.

And it is not a matter of agreeing or not. We are talking about genocide. It is not a matter of opinion. Well, this would suit just fine the holocaust deniers case: "I disagree that there ever was an holocaust".

Agreed. The list of shame is long. But now you're saying that there is such a shame, so?

My original phrase had "shame" between quotes. I would chose another word, if there is one. I call it acknowledging the human condition: yes, we go that low. My point was, as stated in the original post: whatever it is, this is equally shared by everyone (unless some are more human than others).

I don't think there was a WaPo article. I didn't access one.

There is one upwards in the thread (maybe another thread?), boys were talking about it some posts above
Blacks were used as cannon fodder in wars. This also was claimed by my friends in BA. I'm not saying that it was a genocide. I believe I said that was overstated. But there IS a reason that the African population in Argentina, and I would say Uruguay, was mainly wiped out over time. It wasn't just "bad luck."

Good on you if you are not claiming that, this is the core of the argument I am opposing. But the context is way too complex to try to pinpoint ONE reason, THE reason.

Let's begin by Uruguay, which regarding African heritage is different from Argentina. Until today you find Afro religions, or Afro influenced religious habits, in some parts of Uruguay. To a small extent, yes, but you find it there, while you don´t in Argentina. Back to topic, "wiped" is an assumption, it implies -- again -- genocide or something similar. It does not account for miscegenation, it does not account for geographical factors, it does not account for migration, it does not account for the influx of other people. It does not account for basically anything else. Even the "cannon fodder" argument -- which has historical truth in it -- is misleading. One large war fought by Argentina was against Brazil. Who composed the Brazilian cannon fodder? German mercenaries. Strange, isn't it?

Salvador, in Brazil, is quite closer to Africa, both in distance as in climate conditions, than Argentina. And in that region (state of Bahia, and a lot of other parts of Brazil as well), they had sugar cane plantations, were slavery provided the work force. Salvador nowadays has around 50% of "Pardos" (Portuguese expression for Brown), 30% of Blacks and 20% of Whites. Blumenau (to given an example), a medium city in the south of Brazil, has probably 95% Whites. Different story, different composition.

In a nutshell, someone saw Argentina's national team, thought that there were too many whites for their taste (unable to see that among those "whites" were a lot of "Criollos" -- part Indigenous, part European, part African, maybe part Alien), so they decided that there was a genocide in Argentina, a place probably they cannot find on the map, and that they think the capital is Rio de Janeiro. But, hey, they get a few likes and a few clicks, and the price is just labeling some people they don´t know genocidal. That's a bargain...

Last edited:
Reactions: Kieran

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
6C1DB3F6-B848-4F7E-8E8F-131DCE1269D8.jpeg

It’s still difficult to believe how normally sane people have decided to believe and spread a lie…

Reactions: shawnbm

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
  • Haha

mrzz

Hater
Reactions

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Here’s a frightening article by a truly brave woman and an actual feminist:

The year the West erased women

I remember when the show A Handmaids Tale came out, I watched an episode and asked a friend, “Is this about Saudi Arabia? Iran?”

She said, “no, America.” I cracked up laughing. She did too, eventually. I didn’t watch another episode.

From the article, referring to the Middle East:
This is the paradox of the past 12 months: the existence of women is being questioned in the very place where female emancipation has come furthest, while in places where women remain shackled to medieval notions of honour and chastity, true feminism is at its strongest.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Here’s a frightening article by a truly brave woman and an actual feminist:

The year the West erased women

I remember when the show A Handmaids Tale came out, I watched an episode and asked a friend, “Is this about Saudi Arabia? Iran?”

She said, “no, America.” I cracked up laughing. She did too, eventually. I didn’t watch another episode.

From the article, referring to the Middle East:

Thought Crimes now being prosecuted.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: shawnbm and Kieran

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Even progressives have to admit this is getting out of control and is starting not to make any sense at all :facepalm:

He’s brilliant :lulz1:

And of course, yeah, it’s nuts. We get vulgar illiterate songs bragging on the radio, and a cool classic being denounced. We’re living in a wasteland where culture is shrinking. The more valued thing is degeneracy, because it destabilises us. All brought to us by the compassionate left…

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Thought Crimes now being prosecuted.

That’s shocking! And of course, who gets to define “thought crimes?” I can imagine many circumstances where a persons thoughts might be nasty towards Christians, conservatives, European history, great white people etc, but this isn’t a thought crime. A thought crime and hate speech would be anything that reflects negatively on the loony lefts radical and violent ideas.

Funny thing is, this girl wasn’t even thinking nasty thoughts, she was praying…

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
That’s shocking! And of course, who gets to define “thought crimes?” I can imagine many circumstances where a persons thoughts might be nasty towards Christians, conservatives, European history, great white people etc, but this isn’t a thought crime. A thought crime and hate speech would be anything that reflects negatively on the loony lefts radical and violent ideas.

Funny thing is, this girl wasn’t even thinking nasty thoughts, she was praying…

Dangerous times indeed.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
These people need help. Anyone trying to validate their ‘feelings’ are bordering on evil…

Reactions: Kieran

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
These people need help. Anyone trying to validate their ‘feelings’ are bordering on evil…

They really are, and what’s amazing is that this gone mainstream and nobody has ever sensibly explained why…

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Scottish Police now rebranding Paedos as "Minor Attracted People".

"A Tsunami of Change" - Klaus Schwab. aka The spiritual war on mankind.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T World Affairs 13
britbox World Affairs 82
britbox World Affairs 1004
britbox World Affairs 8540