Serious PC thread

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
This is fascinating and appalling. Miscarriages of justice re: sexual assaults on campus...

And it's amazing that it was Trump/DeVoss that has tried to implement true justice and common sense

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Thoughts?

It’s too vague for me to know what to think. If the man did the stereotypical “hey, hot stuff” as the woman walked by, then a fine seems over-the-top; if he was following her down the street, continuing to say things for an entire block, then that could be viewed as harassment. But again, it’s too hard to know given the scant details.

Reactions: mrzz

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
It’s too vague for me to know what to think. If the man did the stereotypical “hey, hot stuff” as the woman walked by, then a fine seems over-the-top; if he was following her down the street, continuing to say things for an entire block, then that could be viewed as harassment. But again, it’s too hard to know given the scant details.
Yeah, and also, is it “harassment?” It might be irritating or inappropriate, but is it harassment? Especially if it was just a one-off wolf whistle?

Horsa

Equine-loving rhyme-artist
Reactions
Yeah, and also, is it “harassment?” It might be irritating or inappropriate, but is it harassment? Especially if it was just a one-off wolf whistle?
Would you like to see it from a woman's point of view?

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Again, we don’t know. If it was a one-off wolf whistle, then I don’t view that as harassment, but more “irritating and inappropriate“ as you put it.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
This is basically a giant pile o shit. A lot of inflammatory claims with absolutely zero evidence to back it up. The worst part is that the own "article" contains a lot of elements that explain the smaller number of ethnic Africans in Argentina.

But one "little" detail that this giant source of misinformation misses is that Argentinian population outside Buenos Aires where always mostly comprised of Indigenous people -- you can see it still today if you actually go there. Why in the world would those people be "spared" while Africans where being systematically eradicated? Argentina's ethnic composition is not that much different from what we see in large swaths of Brazilian South -- were no genocide took place.

The world was barbaric back in the 1800's? Hell it was. But was Argentina different from the rest, as this piece of shit advocates? Zero evidence of that. The only "evidence" it has is the fact that Argentina is the "whitest" county in South America... well, moron who wrote this shit, someone will *always* be the whitest, the blackest, the yellowest....

The guys won the fucking world cup, period. Deal with that.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
I was going to say Trump...he does it all the time. Kieran pegged it with "narcissists."
It was jarring when I first noticed him doing it. I remember thinking only Queen Elizabeth can get away with doing this, not Donald Trump — despite how much he would love to be royalty. And I’m not sure how often the Queen really did it, vs. the stereotypical perception in the US that she would say things such as “we are not amused”.

Reactions: Moxie

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This is basically a giant pile o shit. A lot of inflammatory claims with absolutely zero evidence to back it up. The worst part is that the own "article" contains a lot of elements that explain the smaller number of ethnic Africans in Argentina.

But one "little" detail that this giant source of misinformation misses is that Argentinian population outside Buenos Aires where always mostly comprised of Indigenous people -- you can see it still today if you actually go there. Why in the world would those people be "spared" while Africans where being systematically eradicated? Argentina's ethnic composition is not that much different from what we see in large swaths of Brazilian South -- were no genocide took place.

The world was barbaric back in the 1800's? Hell it was. But was Argentina different from the rest, as this piece of shit advocates? Zero evidence of that. The only "evidence" it has is the fact that Argentina is the "whitest" county in South America... well, moron who wrote this shit, someone will *always* be the whitest, the blackest, the yellowest....

It's interesting to watch History "change" drastically over such a short period of time. It makes you wonder how often it has happened in the past. I'd hazard a guess that it's so utterly distorted that only a handful of people would know the true history of this earthly realm.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Again, we don’t know. If it was a one-off wolf whistle, then I don’t view that as harassment, but more “irritating and inappropriate“ as you put it.
well given the fact that you can get in serious trouble on the tube these days if you even look at a woman, I'm inclined to think it's literally just a 'hey hot stuff' scenario :facepalm:

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions

It's funny, before this world cup I had never even considered the fact that I don't recall a single black Argentinian player. The article did get me thinking, but I'm too far gone these days to swallow anything from any side at face value. I would love to get a hold of some actual scholarly research on the subject. @mrzz if you know of anything please post it. Preferably en anglaise though :D

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Presumably these comments derive from the Wapo article on "Why doesn't Argentina have a black player?". @mrzz will correct me if I'm wrong but I was of the understanding that less than 1% of Argentinians were black. I look forward to a similar Wapo article querying why Senegal didn't have any white or oriental players.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Presumably these comments derive from the Wapo article on "Why doesn't Argentina have a black player?". @mrzz will correct me if I'm wrong but I was of the understanding that less than 1% of Argentinians were black. I look forward to a similar Wapo article querying why Senegal didn't have any white or oriental players.
:face-with-tears-of-joy:

I think that query would only be fair if there's even a small population of the minority race in the country. But I did have a similar thought. I fucking loathe the constant identity politics, it's exhausting

tented

Administrator
Reactions
well given the fact that you can get in serious trouble on the tube these days if you even look at a woman, I'm inclined to think it's literally just a 'hey hot stuff' scenario :facepalm:
Yeah, it reminds me of that nightclub which barred staring without consent — which still makes me think it was a way for people who don’t get stared at to feel better. :face-with-tears-of-joy:

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Yeah, it reminds me of that nightclub which barred staring without consent — which still makes me think it was a way for people who don’t get stared at to feel better. :face-with-tears-of-joy:
Now that I think about it, wouldn’t the starers need to be stared at in order to know they’re staring? So wouldn’t be against the rule to attempt to enforce the rule?

• Haha
Reactions: Kieran

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Now that I think about it, wouldn’t the starers need to be stared at in order to know they’re staring? So wouldn’t be against the rule to attempt to enforce the rule?
I think the victim here might actually be the male “harasser” who’s under pressure to conform to his stereotype. Society really is sending confusing signals to men.

• Haha
Reactions: Moxie and tented

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
This is bat shit fucking crazy. Now ‘summer’ is triggering? This is the cultural Marxism of language. Do progressives really want this? Where does it end?? :astonished-face:

• Wow
Reactions: britbox and Kieran

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
This is bat shit fucking crazy. Now ‘summer’ is triggering? This is the cultural Marxism of language. Do progressives really want this? Where does it end?? :astonished-face:

Here’s an updated list of triggering terms from Stanford University no less. University is now a place where people go to become more stupid than they were before they went there.

Stanford ‘harmful language’ list includes words “American” and “surviver”

I think this is what happens when liberal societies become too liberal. They end up being cankerous, cantankerous, cancerous and poisonous - and completely intolerant and illiberal…

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T World Affairs 13
britbox World Affairs 82
britbox World Affairs 1004
britbox World Affairs 8540