Serious PC thread

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This is bat shit fucking crazy. Now ‘summer’ is triggering? This is the cultural Marxism of language. Do progressives really want this? Where does it end?? :astonished-face:

I look forward to the new song versions... Bryan Adams belting out the "Boys of Q3", Travolta singing the new "Q3 Loving" on the Broadway set of Grease, and Alice Cooper's new "Schools out for Q3".

• Haha
Reactions: Kieran and tented

tented

Administrator
Reactions
This is bat shit fucking crazy. Now ‘summer’ is triggering? This is the cultural Marxism of language. Do progressives really want this? Where does it end?? :astonished-face:

It’s absurd beyond description, but this was two years ago, so fortunately it didn’t work.

Reactions: Horsa

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Here’s an updated list of triggering terms from Stanford University no less. University is now a place where people go to become more stupid than they were before they went there.

Stanford ‘harmful language’ list includes words “American” and “surviver”

I think this is what happens when liberal societies become too liberal. They end up being cankerous, cantankerous, cancerous and poisonous - and completely intolerant and illiberal…

Stanford and Berkeley (among others, but they’re well known) have done the scholarly equivalent of a moral inversion: what used to be good is bad, and vice versa. In the 60s they were known for their support of free speech. Now they won’t allow speakers to come for fear they’ll trigger students. It’s appalling. This list of “harmful language” is embarrassing and shameful. A group of faculty, parents, and students need to stop this. It will take a concerted effort to put an end to it at this point; a handful of people would fail immediately.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This is basically a giant pile o shit. A lot of inflammatory claims with absolutely zero evidence to back it up. The worst part is that the own "article" contains a lot of elements that explain the smaller number of ethnic Africans in Argentina.

But one "little" detail that this giant source of misinformation misses is that Argentinian population outside Buenos Aires where always mostly comprised of Indigenous people -- you can see it still today if you actually go there. Why in the world would those people be "spared" while Africans where being systematically eradicated? Argentina's ethnic composition is not that much different from what we see in large swaths of Brazilian South -- were no genocide took place.

The world was barbaric back in the 1800's? Hell it was. But was Argentina different from the rest, as this piece of shit advocates? Zero evidence of that. The only "evidence" it has is the fact that Argentina is the "whitest" county in South America... well, moron who wrote this shit, someone will *always* be the whitest, the blackest, the yellowest....

The guys won the fucking world cup, period. Deal with that.
It seems silly to me to call out Argentina for not having Black players, or using it as an excuse to reexamine Argentine history. And I hate to contradict you as to your own part of the world, but I have heard that version of history from Argentines themselves. (And Uruguayans, as well.) The reason it comes up is that I have done several shoots in Argentina, and in Uruguay, and we have needed to cast Black people. So we discuss why there is such a paucity of Black actors, and they offer up their own history. I have brought actors in from Brazil. They have said to me pretty much exactly what is in the article, (and there are others out there, via brief google search,) and they believe there is a national shame involved. You clearly don't agree, but this I have from the mouths of the people themselves, while in their country. Entire groups telling me this at the same time, not just one-on-one conversations. So, which is it?

Here is one article from El Pais from several years back:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I think the victim here might actually be the male “harasser” who’s under pressure to conform to his stereotype. Society really is sending confusing signals to men.

Since you have injected a bit of high-culture, let me mention the Spanish term "piropo," which means, "street compliment," (meaning that is so ubiquitous that it has a term.) They can be actually very artful, or used to be. Some I have heard myself: "Éres como la plata que trajó Pizarro." ("You are like the silver that Pizarro brought back.") "¡Santa María, qué pinta, tienes, niña!" (Literally, "Saint Mary, how beautiful you are, girl!" But note: the 3 ships of Columbus invoked: Nina, Pinta, Santa María.)

A lot of "catcalling," (the less lovely English term,) is funny to women, amusing, and can even put a spring in our step. And early sign of Spring is when women open their coats, show more skin, and it starts again. Even when crude, they can be appealing and amusing. A friend and colleague of mine, heading to work, got this, and yes, from a construction worker: "You look fabulous!" She turned and smiled. Then he shouted, "I love a woman with a fat ass!" She arrived at work shortly after, and recounted it to us with good humor. On balance, an OK "piropo."

The difference is when it becomes threatening, as @tented mentioned above. Following is not cool. I once actually had a man put his hand in my crotch as he passed. I don't know if we've determined what the guy actually did who got fined. Have we? Do women mind turning heads in the street? No. The question is where the line is. I thought we knew where it was, but maybe we don't, anymore.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Since you have injected a bit of high-culture, let me mention the Spanish term "piropo," which means, "street compliment," (meaning that is so ubiquitous that it has a term.) They can be actually very artful, or used to be. Some I have heard myself: "Éres como la plata que trajó Pizarro." ("You are like the silver that Pizarro brought back.") "¡Santa María, qué pinta, tienes, niña!" (Literally, "Saint Mary, how beautiful you are, girl!" But note: the 3 ships of Columbus invoked: Nina, Pinta, Santa María.)

A lot of "catcalling," (the less lovely English term,) is funny to women, amusing, and can even put a spring in our step. And early sign of Spring is when women open their coats, show more skin, and it starts again. Even when crude, they can be appealing and amusing. A friend and colleague of mine, heading to work, got this, and yes, from a construction worker: "You look fabulous!" She turned and smiled. Then he shouted, "I love a woman with a fat ass!" She arrived at work shortly after, and recounted it to us with good humor. On balance, an OK "piropo."

The difference is when it becomes threatening, as @tented mentioned above. Following is not cool. I once actually had a man put his hand in my crotch as he passed. I don't know if we've determined what the guy actually did who got fined. Have we? Do women mind turning heads in the street? No. The question is where the line is. I thought we knew where it was, but maybe we don't, anymore.
Well, this is what we said, but the problem might be deeper. The line might not have been crossed at all, but it doesn’t matter with hate laws and whatever other victim protection measures there are. If you feel threatened, you must have been threatened. And of course, if you want the coveted modern victim brownie points, you might imagine that non-existent things were much worse than they really were…

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
It seems silly to me to call out Argentina for not having Black players, or using it as an excuse to reexamine Argentine history. And I hate to contradict you as to your own part of the world, but I have heard that version of history from Argentines themselves. (And Uruguayans, as well.) The reason it comes up is that I have done several shoots in Argentina, and in Uruguay, and we have needed to cast Black people. So we discuss why there is such a paucity of Black actors, and they offer up their own history. I have brought actors in from Brazil. They have said to me pretty much exactly what is in the article, (and there are others out there, via brief google search,) and they believe there is a national shame involved. You clearly don't agree, but this I have from the mouths of the people themselves, while in their country. Entire groups telling me this at the same time, not just one-on-one conversations. So, which is it?

Here is one article from El Pais from several years back:

The people who talked to you are either lying, or they don´t know what they are saying, or a combination of both. The articles you are mentioning are wrong.

Probably you talked to people who agreed with you by definition. Similar to asking around inside some party office and then afterwards saying "Republicans will win the next election, everyone I talked to is going to vote Republican". Or they are simply stupid, and are parroting a stupid notion.

You can wake me up in the middle of the night and put me to debate with 100 of those people, they can research on internet, talk to each other and think for 10 minutes before answering. I have no time to think and only 30 seconds to answer. I still easily win the debate.

The "shame" Argentinians have is exactly the same shame full mankind has: we engineered and lived with slavery and exploitation of others for milenia (oh, wait, we still do... there are Bolivians being enslaved by Brazilians and Asians in São Paulo, for example. The list is long and can fly back in a lot of faces).

The WaPo article mentioned Salta and Catamarca.... I am still laughing my ass off. Both places were average temperature in winter is on average bellow zero --- in some regions well bellow zero. Catamarca has more mountains above 6000 m high than Himalaya. But, of course, ethnic Africans were craving to live there in the 1800's....

As for the El Pais article: read it carefully, to begin with. Second task, learn the history and the geography of the place (same goes for some of the people quoted in the article). Result: zero , Z E R O, support for the "genocide" claim. In short: tough place, war, diseases that wipe out people constantly (coupled with the fact that the influx of ethnic Africans stopped while Europeans kept coming). The article focus in the region of Corrientes: there (as in Missiones, which is nearby) the Jesuit missions are an extremely important historical factor. You cannot even start discussing anything about that place without discussing this first. Also, population density there is very low STILL TODAY!!!!!

In the end, the logic is: Argentinians from Buenos Aires are white and racist (some of them really are), ergo there was genocide in Argentina.

People should be punished for using words they don´t know the meaning of.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions

I'll try to investigate to find out exactly what the nature of the cat calling was. There might be some literature out there in the ether.

Your story about being grabbed in the crotch instantly brought up a memory of walking down Ban Lang in Phuket. A gay Thai guy grabbed my crotch. My friends and a couple of Danish guys had to hold me back and calm me down. It was pointed out to me that the Thai's wouldn't take kindly to a foreigner beating the crap out of one of their own. I went back to my hotel room and insisted I was getting out of that Sodom and Gomorrah the next morning. We moved across the bay to Krabi that very next day :face-with-tears-of-joy:

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
haven't been able to find more detail, but the consensus seems to be that all he did was say something. There wasn't stalking or anything. Anyway, here's another article from the premier London specific paper. The comments are worth a read...

Horsa

Equine-loving rhyme-artist
Reactions
haven't been able to find more detail, but the consensus seems to be that all he did was say something. There wasn't stalking or anything. Anyway, here's another article from the premier London specific paper. The comments are worth a read...

It's classed as sexual harassment now. Wow! That is absolutely ridiculous. It's not sexual harassment. Discussing intimate parts of the anatomy of someone who is the opposite gender to you is sexual harassment. Discussing certain acts or trying to force people of the opposite gender to perform these acts or allow you to perform these acts on you is sexual harassment. Touching other people in intimate places is sexual harassment. Catcalling isn't, in my opinion.

I could only read the 1st few sentences of that article.

Last edited:

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
It's classed as sexual harassment now. Wow! That is absolutely ridiculous. It's not sexual harassment. Discussing intimate parts of the anatomy of someone who is the opposite gender to you is sexual harassment. Discussing certain acts or trying to force people of the opposite gender to perform these acts or allow you to perform these acts on you is sexual harassment. Touching other people in intimate places is sexual harassment. Catcalling isn't, in my opinion.

I could only read the 1st few sentences of that article.
odd.. didn't think they had a firewall. Here it is...

Redbridge council used powers designed to clamp down on antisocial behaviour to slap the man with a £100 penalty on Friday night.

Incognito council officers heard the man make a sexually suggestive remark to a woman in a late-night takeaway while conducting a covert operation with Metropolitan Police detectives in Ilford town centre.

The officers detained the man and fined him for making the comment by using powers under the council’s Public Space Protection Order (PSPO), which enforces against catcalling.

Redbridge said it is the first authority in London to use the powers for that purpose and the perpetrator will have to pay the penalty within 28 days or face court.

Council leader Jas Athwal said: “We are the first Council in London using our Public Space Protection Order to enforce against catcalling and harassment.

“We’re supporting covert police operations in the borough to ensure perpetrators are brought to justice.

“This fine is a strong start and will serve as a statement of intent. We will not tolerate harassment of women and girls and will target those men who do not heed this warning. We’re reclaiming our streets for our local communities and ending the culture of misogyny that starts with harassment and escalates to violence.”

The PSPO was originally installed in Redbridge in a crackdown on kerb crawling.

There have been calls for tougher laws to tackle catcalling and other forms of public sexual harassment following a number of high profile attacks on women.

These include law graduate Zara Aleena who was sexually assaulted and murdered in Ilford . The attacks have prompted thousands of women to share their stories of everyday sexual harassment on the streets.

PSPOs make certain anti social activities within a mapped area prosecutable.

In London, councils have used the powers to crackdown on noisy supercars, while Ealing town hall created buffer zones around abortion clinics in the borough using a PSPO.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
and the comments...
1671720162779.png

1671720217685.png

1671720263446.png

Horsa

Reactions
odd.. didn't think they had a firewall. Here it is...

Redbridge council used powers designed to clamp down on antisocial behaviour to slap the man with a £100 penalty on Friday night.

Incognito council officers heard the man make a sexually suggestive remark to a woman in a late-night takeaway while conducting a covert operation with Metropolitan Police detectives in Ilford town centre.

The officers detained the man and fined him for making the comment by using powers under the council’s Public Space Protection Order (PSPO), which enforces against catcalling.

Redbridge said it is the first authority in London to use the powers for that purpose and the perpetrator will have to pay the penalty within 28 days or face court.

Council leader Jas Athwal said: “We are the first Council in London using our Public Space Protection Order to enforce against catcalling and harassment.

“We’re supporting covert police operations in the borough to ensure perpetrators are brought to justice.

“This fine is a strong start and will serve as a statement of intent. We will not tolerate harassment of women and girls and will target those men who do not heed this warning. We’re reclaiming our streets for our local communities and ending the culture of misogyny that starts with harassment and escalates to violence.”

The PSPO was originally installed in Redbridge in a crackdown on kerb crawling.

There have been calls for tougher laws to tackle catcalling and other forms of public sexual harassment following a number of high profile attacks on women.

These include law graduate Zara Aleena who was sexually assaulted and murdered in Ilford . The attacks have prompted thousands of women to share their stories of everyday sexual harassment on the streets.

PSPOs make certain anti social activities within a mapped area prosecutable.

In London, councils have used the powers to crackdown on noisy supercars, while Ealing town hall created buffer zones around abortion clinics in the borough using a PSPO.
Thank you very much.

From reading the article, I can now say we don't know exactly what the non-uniformed council officers heard the man say therefore there isn't enough information for us to be able to have an opinion about whether they were right to fine him. If it was just a catcall, I would say the fine was O.T.T. but as we don't know exactly what was said we don't really have enough information to judge.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
for the life of me I don't know what can be called cat-calling, that doesn't involve any physical approach but rises to the level of a fine. I'm ready for my mind to be changed. All seems extreme....

I wonder if there are fines for racist abuse or some other anti-social behaviour... why this first?

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Another 40 million of health funds for "diversity training" out of the coffers.

Top down programming. Nothing organic about it. If you haven't figured that out by now...

Not to mention, Billions upon Billions being sent to the Ukraine in the greatest money laundering/wealth transfer in history. The FTX scandal shows the money got recycled and given to the parasites, uh uhm, I mean Elites.

Monty Python on steroids.

Horsa

Reactions
for the life of me I don't know what can be called cat-calling, that doesn't involve any physical approach but rises to the level of a fine. I'm ready for my mind to be changed. All seems extreme....

I wonder if there are fines for racist abuse or some other anti-social behaviour... why this first?
I agree.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Blueface?? Blueface?? Cultural appropriation for a fictional species?? Bwahahaha! The left have lost their tiny fucking minds. When is this shit going to stop??

There is a method to the madness. Neil McCoy explains it quite well. He starts talking about this stuff about 9 minutes in.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The people who talked to you are either lying, or they don´t know what they are saying, or a combination of both. The articles you are mentioning are wrong.
The people I was talking to were Argentines (Porteños,) and Uruguayans. They weren't lying. And they were intelligent people, with considered, informed opinions. You may not agree with them, but I assure you they weren't making it up for my amusement.
Probably you talked to people who agreed with you by definition. Similar to asking around inside some party office and then afterwards saying "Republicans will win the next election, everyone I talked to is going to vote Republican". Or they are simply stupid, and are parroting a stupid notion.
They were "film people," so if you want to classify that, probably they're inclined liberal. But they're not stupid, or "parroting" a notion. These were long conversations.
The "shame" Argentinians have is exactly the same shame full mankind has: we engineered and lived with slavery and exploitation of others for milenia (oh, wait, we still do... there are Bolivians being enslaved by Brazilians and Asians in São Paulo, for example. The list is long and can fly back in a lot of faces).
Agreed. The list of shame is long. But now you're saying that there is such a shame, so?
The WaPo article mentioned Salta and Catamarca.... I am still laughing my ass off. Both places were average temperature in winter is on average bellow zero --- in some regions well bellow zero. Catamarca has more mountains above 6000 m high than Himalaya. But, of course, ethnic Africans were craving to live there in the 1800's....
I don't think there was a WaPo article. I didn't access one.
As for the El Pais article: read it carefully, to begin with.
I did. I know that a lot of what is claimed is disease, but you should read carefully, too. Blacks were used as cannon fodder in wars. This also was claimed by my friends in BA. I'm not saying that it was a genocide. I believe I said that was overstated. But there IS a reason that the African population in Argentina, and I would say Uruguay, was mainly wiped out over time. It wasn't just "bad luck."
Second task, learn the history and the geography of the place (same goes for some of the people quoted in the article). Result: zero , Z E R O, support for the "genocide" claim. In short: tough place, war, diseases that wipe out people constantly (coupled with the fact that the influx of ethnic Africans stopped while Europeans kept coming). The article focus in the region of Corrientes: there (as in Missiones, which is nearby) the Jesuit missions are an extremely important historical factor. You cannot even start discussing anything about that place without discussing this first. Also, population density there is very low STILL TODAY!!!!!

In the end, the logic is: Argentinians from Buenos Aires are white and racist (some of them really are), ergo there was genocide in Argentina.

People should be punished for using words they don´t know the meaning of.
People sometimes know the words they are using.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T World Affairs 13
britbox World Affairs 82
britbox World Affairs 1004
britbox World Affairs 8540