Serious PC thread

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Nail on the head, brother. Imagine a world where your underage kids don’t even need your permission to go ahead with this…

I think it was Aristotle who said "Give me a child till he’s seven, and I will show you the man". Hand over your son to one of these purple-haired activist nut jobs and you might not even get a man back.

Is this really progression? Sounds more like the collapse of society.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Schools back in the day were brutal, and while I'm not saying various behaviours are "right" - they were often wrong... the flipside is such antics and cruelty did build resilience and make people stronger. Resilience is a word that's been forgotten. It's said that difficult times breeds stronger character... and there is a lot of truth in that IMO. I can think of various unpleasant experiences where you learnt some pretty good life lessons.
that's for sure. I remember my first day in the common room in the senior school. I made a snarky comment to a senior, who was in the rugby first team. He punched my arm. I made another comment. He punched me in the stomach. I got up and said something like... 'is that the best you can do?' And he looked at me and then turned around to everyone and said... this guy's alright. No one tried anything with me from that point on. I was a made man. But there were others who failed that first test, started crying, or running to the teachers. They were done at that point and never accepted. Such a fine line! For sure character building. I'm just not sure if it's a good thing or not when I look back. Just because I was on the winning side of it doesn't negate the question for me

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I think it was Aristotle who said "Give me a child till he’s seven, and I will show you the man". Hand over your son to one of these purple-haired activist nut jobs and you might not even get a man back.

you just reminded me of this...

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
that's for sure. I remember my first day in the common room in the senior school. I made a snarky comment to a senior, who was in the rugby first team. He punched my arm. I made another comment. He punched me in the stomach. I got up and said something like... 'is that the best you can do?' And he looked at me and then turned around to everyone and said... this guy's alright. No one tried anything with me from that point on. I was a made man. But there were others who failed that first test, started crying, or running to the teachers. They were done at that point and never accepted. Such a fine line! For sure character building. I'm just not sure if it's a good thing or not when I look back. Just because I was on the winning side of it doesn't negate the question for me

If you read autobiographies of characters that have done a bit of time on the inside, that's the first rule. You always hit them back (doesn't matter whether you're six stone in weight dripping wet and they're a 20 stone monster). Otherwise you'll be endlessly picked on. My old man always drummed into me that you never let someone hit you without hitting back. You might get a hiding... but it'll only be the once. 95% of people don't like getting hit back.

Reactions: Kieran

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
If you read autobiographies of characters that have done a bit of time on the inside, that's the first rule. You always hit them back (doesn't matter whether you're six stone in weight dripping wet and they're a 20 stone monster). Otherwise you'll be endlessly picked on. My old man always drummed into me that you never let someone hit you without hitting back. You might get a hiding... but it'll only be the once. 95% of people don't like getting hit back.
well.. I agree about the principle. But I didn't actually hit back. The dude was a full grown man, I was 13yrs old and not my adult height yet. But I looked him in the eye and took the punishment. That got me the respect

Reactions: Kieran and britbox

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
you just reminded me of this...

Just crazy mate. I've already shared my thoughts on celebs and all this being driven top-down, so I won't keep beating that drum. This pattern emerging is not organic.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
well.. I agree about the principle. But I didn't actually hit back. The dude was a full grown man, I was 13yrs old and not my adult height yet. But I looked him in the eye and took the punishment. That got me the respect
In that scenario, I guess it was more than enough.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions

Yeah, this is where the grooming allegation comes in, and it sticks. Anywhere that this “theory” is being normalised by being repeated as fact is effectively grooming children to not only believe the lie, but to accept that in this world truth is relative, and therefore irrelevant. Then factor in the pressure from activists and peers, the absolute collusion of political parties and large media companies, and after all this, the absurd, far-fetched, unproven, incoherent, inconsistent, innovative and absolutely bonkers theory becomes something akin to the emperors new clothes.

To tell the truth these days is be a counter revolutionary - the revolutionary is the activist with the rainbow-coloured hair who is busy overthrowing logic, science, history, and society itself…

Last edited:

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Yeah, this is where the grooming allegation comes in, and it sticks. Anywhere that this “theory” is being normalised by being repeated as fact is effectively grooming children to not only believe the lie, but to accept that in this world truth is relative, and therefore irrelevant. Then factor in the pressure from activists and peers, the absolute collusion of political parties and large media companies, and after all this, the absurd, far-fetched, unproven, incoherent, inconsistent, innovative and absolutely bonkers theory becomes something akin to the emperors new clothes.

To tell the truth these days is be a counter revolutionary - the revolutionary is the activist with the rainbow-coloured hair who is busy overthrowing logic, science, history, and society itself…

It won't hold in practice. You can almost sense a build-up of the pendulum being loaded to swing back. And it will swing back very hard. Moderates need to disassociate themselves from this garbage, or they'll end up going down with the nutters promoting this degeneracy.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
It won't hold in practice. You can almost sense a build-up of the pendulum being loaded to swing back. And it will swing back very hard. Moderates need to disassociate themselves from this garbage, or they'll end up going down with the nutters promoting this degeneracy.
I'm waiting for the day the pendulum swings mate. There aren't too many leaders out there that are making the right noises. Truth be told the only one that's tickled my fancy in the last while is the new Italian leader. But I'll have to see if she disappoints me

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
It needs to swing back fast. I have nephews and nieces who think this stuff is real because the people in authority are saying it’s real, and yet the youngsters don’t remember ever hearing anything related to science or new discoveries that prove it’s real. Only faked notions of compassion, fake sympathy, threats that this whole community is going to kill itself if they’re disbelieved, and all the usual stuff that blocks discussion.

@Federberg is right - very few political leaders are taking a stand on this. The US President has to know it’s a lie, yet he’s encouraging it. Failure of nerve and the inability to discern and repeat the truth of the matter are rampant in every position of authority, backed by threats from activists. I know most people see through it but 10 years ago, did anyone think this was going to be what we’re talking about? If we were told this back then, would we have believed the activists could bully their way to the very top?

Reactions: britbox

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
it's like Joe Rogen is here talking with us :D

progressives need to listen to this. Keep thinking that us common sense simple folk here are just freaking out. Stop and listen. We're not the extreme here. Somewhere along the way, liberals and progressives have lost the thread. Listen to us. What you think is normal is a nightmare to the rest of us. If you want to hold power... listen!

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
progressives need to listen to this. Keep thinking that us common sense simple folk here are just freaking out. Stop and listen. We're not the extreme here. Somewhere along the way, liberals and progressives have lost the thread. Listen to us. What you think is normal is a nightmare to the rest of us. If you want to hold power... listen!

Saddest thing about this? Where did all the good men go? (to paraphrase Bonnie Tyler) Beaten down under endless vitriolic barbs of Toxic Masculinity? So many seemed to have just checked out.

The main forces fighting this are the good women - the Lionesses. Women who don't like their sons being labelled as "toxic" before they even get a chance to grow a pair of balls, let alone have them removed. Protectors of the family.

It's long overdue for men to figure out what the f&&k they are doing here, and what their role is, other than being a downtrodden soy boy or a bigmouthed absent father. Lions support lionesses, not skulk off for shade under the nearest tree, when things get real.

Last edited:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
No. My point is that if trans was a thing, and not some aspect of modern hysteria then any kids on the spectrum would have shown evidence of extreme social discomfort. But instead, they adapted got comfortable in their own skins and have gone on to become who they were going to be. Transport them into these fkd up times, they would have been pushed to question their identity and misdiagnosed as being of another gender. We don't have all the answers in current times as much as we might try to pretend, we do. But I'm 100% certain that putting these kids to the blade will be seen to be as barbaric as the use of leeches as a cure all in medieval times.
You seem to not hear that the 2 kids I'm telling you about experienced extreme social discomfort. That was clear. Again, I have no idea who they are now, nor how the identified as then, but I don't see why you insist that this is a new phenomenon. As I have said, I'm not blind to the fact that there is a faddishness about it, especially in terms of kids identifying as "non-binary." But, again, I don't know what you insist on saying that kids are being put to the blade. Is it that common in the UK? It's not really legal here in the US, before 18. I certainly would agree that it's not ethical, and I think a lot of medical professionals do, too.
As an aside, my dorm mate in boarding school was an Olympic medallist, and former world record holder. A swimmer. Turns out he was gay. He wrote an article in a major newspaper some years ago discussing his voyage of self-discovery. When I read it, it blew my mind in one way, but didn't shock me in another. It didn't shock me because he always used to get letters from his 'girlfriend' from home. She just happened to have exactly the same handwriting as his! :D But it blew my mind because he participated in all of our conversations about which girl was the hottest in school. I remember I had a massive crush on one of the swimmers and I used to question him about her all the time. I would never have guessed at the time that he was gay, is the point I'm making. It crushes my soul to think of the turmoil he must have been going through at the time. Let me tell you... that school was brutal. The levels of cruelty some people experienced at that time was no joke. One of the most shameful things I've ever done in my life was giving a kid a choice of either getting beaten up by me or eating the mud from my rugby boot. He chose the mud, and promptly got beaten up by someone else, because he was more afraid of me than him! To this day, if someone tried to have me 'dealt' with, I think it would be him. The humiliation he must have felt. But that was boarding school at that time, I don't know whether it's any better now.
That is a pretty gross story, but i appreciate the sharing. Do you think boarding school was more "Lord of the Flies" than day school? Or maybe it's just that boys can be so physically rough on each other, either way. I'm sure the guys I went to school with have stories I don't know. Don't get me wrong: girls can be very psychologically tough on each other. (There is a reason there was a whole show called "Mean Girls.") But we go in less for the physical humiliation. But I do think of your dorm mate, and the fact that you had no idea he was gay. Small wonder he kept in on the DL, to the point of inventing a GF, if that was the kind of abuse that went on. Plus, I'm sure he could hide behind his big, broad-shouldered, top-athlete machismo. As you say, too bad he felt he had to. Here's a question to your 17-year-old self: if you'd known that boy was gay when he lived on in your dorm, would you have been ok with it, or would you have rejected him? I thought at first you meant "roommate," but probably not. Would he have been treated badly, if it were known or suspected? Were there other kids that were suspected to be gay and ostracized for it? Or did they all just keep it to themselves, for that reason?

Still, we are distinguishing between gay and trans, right?
All that tells me is that more work needs to be done to deal with the mental condition of gender dysphoria. But feel free to supply the data. What I do know is that there is solid peer-reviewed research out there that shows that gender dysphoria in the young is typically a transient thing and tends to be suffered by homosexual kids. They need all of our support. And not the barbaric promotion of trans gender surgeries as an option.
Again with the "barbaric promotion of transgender surgeries." As I mentioned above, I have also read that there is a certain amount of "growing out" of the idea of being "trans," for some kids. Even a majority. I have no problem that that is true, and it makes sense to me. Where you and Kieran and I differ, I think, is that I see that a lot of kids DO get to work through it and past it without serious intervention. Where you guys see activist intervention, outside forces imposing, or something, I see adults trying to help kids along as they wonder/wander about some things. In any case, I do think there's a difference between what parents and schools do to support one kid, compared to what you feel is a wider effort to normalize or promote transgenderism. I know you feel that that is a danger to society, (at least Kieran does,) but if we can at least recognize that they are two different parts of the issue. Meaning how individual kids are treated, and how the issue is approached, at-large.
That last paragraph of yours was going so well until this last bit. This is where you lose us @Moxie. This shaming, 'I'm better than you' progressive language. If I can concede that saying 'Boom!' is unnecessarily contentious, then I would like to task you with checking yourself. Please stop. As much as you might think you have the moral high ground, that's just your perspective, and it's not the way to have the respectful dialogue you claim you want
Yes, fair. It was my closing salvo. I considered not writing it, but I figured you were all so done with me on the topic. But then you wrote me the most earnest response I've had from you in ages, so I responded.

It has seemed for a long time that you all would just prefer if I leave you alone to be outraged amongst yourselves about the trans stuff, without my tiresome debate from the other side. (THAT is not "shaming." You ARE all outraged. That is a fair to say, I think.) I figured I've said my bit, and have watched enough videos. You've heard enough of where I'm coming from, and I mostly just get sneered at for it. I'm tired of hearing that I'm a zombie acolyte of the left, or a person who just drinks kool-aid. Now, I'll leave you all to it.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
You seem to not hear that the 2 kids I'm telling you about experienced extreme social discomfort. That was clear. Again, I have no idea who they are now, nor how the identified as then, but I don't see why you insist that this is a new phenomenon. As I have said, I'm not blind to the fact that there is a faddishness about it, especially in terms of kids identifying as "non-binary." But, again, I don't know what you insist on saying that kids are being put to the blade. Is it that common in the UK? It's not really legal here in the US, before 18. I certainly would agree that it's not ethical, and I think a lot of medical professionals do, too.
when I say put to the blade I don't just mean gender re-assignment surgery, I also mean that they are given hormone treatment. Yes it happens. And as for extreme social discomfort, that's life! We all have crosses to bear. Should minorities be offered surgeries to alter their appearance to become white because of 'social discomfort? Are the painfully shy to be given drugs to 'normal'? Or should children be taught how to adapt and overcome, and win in the game of life? This is the great failure of education in this age. The preoccupation with victimhood. There's a collective loss of character that doesn't bode well for humanity's future.

Here's a question to your 17-year-old self: if you'd known that boy was gay when he lived on in your dorm, would you have been ok with it, or would you have rejected him? I thought at first you meant "roommate," but probably not. Would he have been treated badly, if it were known or suspected? Were there other kids that were suspected to be gay and ostracized for it? Or did they all just keep it to themselves, for that reason?
A question for my 14 year old self you mean? I very much doubt that I would have been ok with it. Not at that time. I very much doubt that I was equipped to understand that he was born that way. We would probably all have thought that we could become gay from proximity to him, and even worse we would almost certainly have been ostracized by association with him. That's just the honest truth. It was the early 80s after all. There were suspicions about other kids, but they were unpopular.

In any case, I do think there's a difference between what parents and schools do to support one kid, compared to what you feel is a wider effort to normalize or promote transgenderism. I know you feel that that is a danger to society, (at least Kieran does,) but if we can at least recognize that they are two different parts of the issue. Meaning how individual kids are treated, and how the issue is approached, at-large.
we can certainly agree on that. Treating individual kids with understanding is correct and proper. How the issue is approached at large is the problem! This is gender dysphoria, and psychological treatment is appropriate. Creating a hysteria around the issue that draws unpopular kids and those who are lost into the web is completely wrong

It has seemed for a long time that you all would just prefer if I leave you alone to be outraged amongst yourselves about the trans stuff, without my tiresome debate from the other side. (THAT is not "shaming." You ARE all outraged. That is a fair to say, I think.) I figured I've said my bit, and have watched enough videos. You've heard enough of where I'm coming from, and I mostly just get sneered at for it. I'm tired of hearing that I'm a zombie acolyte of the left, or a person who just drinks kool-aid. Now, I'll leave you all to it.
I don't see why self pity is necessary here. We are having a discussion about something important. None of us who have views in opposition to yours are the sort of people who can abide cancel culture, I feel confident saying that. I for one am happy to hear out an opposing view, particularly one that is factual. I'll credit you with one thing, you've subtly changed your position over time. That's too the good. Stick around, we might turn you completely yet :face-with-tears-of-joy:

Reactions: Moxie

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Just to show how trans has changed society, the vicious degenerate misogynist Dylan Mulvaney was invited to the White House to meet the president of the United States, who sat there nodding his head in agreement, while listening to the ugly fraud. He probably didn’t know who he himself was, let alone who the parody of womanhood in front of him was, and typically he became incoherent and inconsequential in what he said, which prompted a classic Offensive Tranny side-eye at about 3’10”, but still, this will tell you the extent to which the far left have hacked the Democrats. A pisstaker like this has no business being anywhere near the President of the United States. That’s what your secret service is there for, to keep the President safe from conmen and lunatics.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Where you and Kieran and I differ, I think, is that I see that a lot of kids DO get to work through it and past it without serious intervention. Where you guys see activist intervention, outside forces imposing, or something, I see adults trying to help kids along as they wonder/wander about some things.
You don’t seem willing to acknowledge the fact that medical practitioners are under pressure ‘to adopt an "unquestioning affirmative approach"’

Why are they being pressured into this? And what are the consequences of this pressure? Well, that other possibilities and illnesses get overlooked is one, but damage and danger to kids who don’t even need their parents consent is another.

Definitely a lot of so called “therapists” are merely activists who are pushing kids into trans, including the two halfwitted women in the videos I showed you - you thought they acquitted themselves well and yet neither was capable of answering a question. The one at the senate hearing even suggested that the questions were transphobia and were killing people.

:yawningface:
I know you feel that that is a danger to society, (at least Kieran does,) but if we can at least recognize that they are two different parts of the issue. Meaning how individual kids are treated, and how the issue is approached, at-large.
We recognised this ages ago. There’s nothing either Federberg or I ever wrote that suggested that we didn’t know that gender dysphoria is a real mental issue for people and they require our sympathy. If transitioning is all they can do to feel better, then hand at it. I’d even use their pronouns, but they’re not generally the type to insist on nonsense like that.

And then there are also the gender ideologues who are trying to revolutionise society by erasing the defences between the genders, attacking women, gays and children - and truth and science and reality - shutting down questions about their dodgy dealings and ideas with threats of violence, cancelling etc, and if that doesn’t work they try to guilt trip us into thinking that our “questions are violence.”

This is wholly different in substance to gender dysphoria, it’s innovative and society changing, and you never question this ideology, but we’ve been saying this all along…

Last edited:
Reactions: Moxie
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T World Affairs 13
britbox World Affairs 82
britbox World Affairs 1004
britbox World Affairs 8540