Serious PC thread

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
not sure I've stated that I think that Moxie hates men. I do think that a lot of people, not just women, are seduced by the narratives that feminists have manufactured over the years. I think that narrative is very satisfying for a lot of folks, and thus a lie takes root in the minds of the masses. It creates a bias, that most of us men just shrug off and don't contest. I'll admit to having been a part of it. I'll be honest, I've only really sat down and taken note following the Amber Heard thing. And also hearing about a case of a guy who was put in jail because his ex-partner wanted him to pay child support. It turns out the kid wasn't his, and his ex knew very well that was the case. Took the dude 5 years to get out, 5 years! And what were the repercussions for the women? Sweet fuck all! What kind of a world is this? Men can have their lives destroyed on a false premise and there are no consequences? What the fuck??

So if I hear anyone trying to promote the same lazy nonsense, I've got zero tolerance anymore. No apologies...

Yep, everyone needs a line in the sand.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I don't think that it's the ancient traditional feminine role that Moxie hates (altogether) as I normally play the ancient traditional feminine role in many ways & she doesn't hate me. I think it's the fact that this is the stereotype that a lot of people think of when they think of women & that she doesn't think people should judge women for that. She also likes the fact that now we're more-or-less equal & have the options to do the same as men if we want. I think she just wants the same rights & options that men have & thinks women should have the same rights & options as men. Other than that, I'd agree with you.

Western Civilization only represents a relatively small percentage of the world's overall population... outside of it, most women still accept a role of preparing the next generation as a role that should be cherished, lauded... far above cleaning sewers for a corporation for cash... or dumping a child in an abortion bucket as a matter of convenience.

Yin and Yang works in harmony. Everybody trying to be Yang breaks it.

As for judging "women" - the dying degeneracy of modern times appears unable to even define the term. Do you mean "potential birthing parent with a bloated chest"?

Horsa

Equine-loving rhyme-artist
Reactions
Western Civilization only represents a relatively small percentage of the world's overall population... outside of it, most women still accept a role of preparing the next generation as a role that should be cherished, lauded... far above cleaning sewers for a corporation for cash... or dumping a child in an abortion bucket as a matter of convenience.

Yin and Yang works in harmony. Everybody trying to be Yang breaks it.

As for judging "women" - the dying degeneracy of modern times appears unable to even define the term. Do you mean "potential birthing parent with a bloated chest"?
I know. A lot of people in developing countries still live like their ancestors did. (I disagree with all abortion except for that caused by women who have been raped as I see it as the murder of unborn babies which could have been prevented by taking precautions. I think it's especially bad as a lot of women would have liked to have children but couldn't.) I get your examples though & if I was in that position I'd prefer the trad. role of a woman than those stated in your examples.

I know. Lots of things have to be balanced in order to work properly like till receipts & the amount of money in the till should balance out. (Gosh! All this talk of balance is reminding me of the dual effect & dual impact principle in double entry book-keeping.)

Talking about women, I am talking about the trad. definition of the word woman. I realise that today there aren't just 2 genders but many.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Talking about women, I am talking about the trad. definition of the word woman. I realise that today there aren't just 2 genders but many.
May I ask what persuaded you to suddenly think that there are many genders other than the two that have graced civilization for thousands of years?

Reactions: Horsa

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Imagine a Pride of Lions... it's an interesting study because it's the only really social feline based around natural group structures.

The females are the foundation of the pride - they are lifers. They do the majority of the hunting, birth, feed and care for the next generation. They generally stay in the same pride until they die.

The males defend the pride from outside predators.

Each role is different, but equally important. The females can't defend the pride, the males aren't the best hunters. Swap the roles around and the pride is finished.

Reactions: Kieran and Horsa

Horsa

Reactions
May I ask what persuaded you to suddenly think that there are many genders other than the two that have graced civilization for thousands of years?
I've been sent on many courses from work recently & have had many forms to fill in which includes all the (new) genders as well as learning more about equality & diversity as well as the courses I got sent on recently.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I've been sent on many courses from work recently & have had many forms to fill in which includes all the (new) genders as well as learning more about equality & diversity as well as the courses I got sent on recently.
and what convinced you to delegate your thinking to these people?

Horsa

Reactions
Imagine a Pride of Lions... it's an interesting study because it's the only really social feline based around natural group structures.

The females are the foundation of the pride - they are lifers. They do the majority of the hunting, birth, feed and care for the next generation. They generally stay in the same pride until they die.

The males defend the pride from outside predators.

Each role is different, but equally important. The females can't defend the pride, the males aren't the best hunters. Swap the roles around and the pride is finished.
I agree. It's like teamwork. We need all members of the team to work together in order to do the quickest & most efficient job.

Reactions: Kieran

Horsa

Reactions
and what convinced you to delegate your thinking to these people?
I didn't entirely but know that the world has changed a lot & we have to accept everyone for who they are & sometimes who they want to be. (We also have to accept that the world has changed & change slightly accordingly. No-one, including heritage preservationists, historians & archaeologists can live entirely in the past.) Don't forget our identities aren't only what we see ourselves as or what other people see us as but a mixture of how we see ourselves & how others see us.

I'm also exhausted. As well as working & being put on a book-keeping course, my book-keeping tutor has been very strict with me. As I had her for business skills where I got 95%, she has now told me she expects me to get 100% in tests. (The other course was much easier.) I feel pressurised as it allows me no margin for error & I don't think I can do it although she does. I've also kept up with my writing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kieran

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I didn't entirely but know that the world has changed a lot & we have to accept everyone for who they are & sometimes who they want to be. (We also have to accept that the world has changed & change slightly accordingly. No-one, including heritage preservationists, historians & archaeologists can live entirely in the past.) Don't forget our identities aren't only what we see ourselves as or what other people see us as but a mixture of how we see ourselves & how others see us.

I'm also exhausted. As well as working & being put on a book-keeping course, my book-keeping tutor has been very strict with me. As I had her for business skills where I got 95%, she has now told me she expects me to get 100% in tests. (The other course was much easier.) I feel pressurised as it allows me no margin for error & I don't think I can do it although she does. I've also kept up with my writing.
50 years ago, the promoters of this nonsense would have been placed in a lunatic asylum. Sometimes, the old-fashioned way of doing things still works best.

Reactions: Kieran and Horsa

Horsa

Reactions
50 years ago, the promoters of this nonsense would have been placed in a lunatic asylum. Sometimes, the old-fashioned way of doing things still works best.
I agree.

That's not the worst thing that they come up with on courses now though. They teach typical British values as well as what we're supposed to be learning & they include democracy as a typical British value. They don't like it when I tell them democracy came from ancient Greece & the word democracy comes from 2 ancient Greek words demos meaning people & cracia meaning power of & that Greeks came up with the idea of democracy in the 1st place. (I just get told I've got to learn all that lot as well as what I'm supposed to be learning which at the moment is book-keeping. I mean what has diversity & democracy got to do with book-keeping? Integrity, professional behaviour, professional competence & due care, objectivity & confidentiality have something to do with book-keeping as they're the fundamental ethical principles, but diversity & democracy have nothing to do with it.)

Last edited:

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
No agenda here. Interesting video about Hollywood and toxic feminism. Thought it was an interesting discussion point…

Wow, that was really good - one of the most balanced takes I've come across.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I'm sure that most of you won't take the hour to listen to this, but it's a great show, generally, in any case. This one starts with kids on school shootings, then goes into a trans kid's story. And not to spoil, but it eventually reminds us what the real danger to kids in the US is...guns. You won't be sorry if you listen to it all the way through.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I'm sure that most of you won't take the hour to listen to this, but it's a great show, generally, in any case. This one starts with kids on school shootings, then goes into a trans kid's story. And not to spoil, but it eventually reminds us what the real danger to kids in the US is...guns. You won't be sorry if you listen to it all the way through.

I'm not trying to turn things back at you :D But is there a political correctness angle in this?

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I'm not trying to turn things back at you :D But is there a political correctness angle in this?
If you like. It's another angle, particularly on the complaints of many around here that adults are grooming children to be "trans." This is the "Serious PC" thread. I don't know how we can debate some these things if the other side isn't taken, which you will surely find too "PC" for your taste. But it's worth taking on board. I'm trying to tell you what's in there, since it's an hour long, but you've posted videos that are longer, with no Cliff's Notes.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
If you like. It's another angle, particularly on the complaints of many around here that adults are grooming children to be "trans." This is the "Serious PC" thread. I don't know how we can debate some these things if the other side isn't taken, which you will surely find too "PC" for your taste. But it's worth taking on board. I'm trying to tell you what's in there, since it's an hour long, but you've posted videos that are longer, with no Cliff's Notes.
jeepers you're sensitive! I just wanted to know the angle - given you often want crib notes from the rest of us, before you bless us with your attention :) I'll try to find time to listen. But I must say... it's a strange world if you're suggesting that because kids are voicing concerns about pc related issues that should drive educational policy. Smacks of lunatics running the assylum....

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
jeepers you're sensitive! I just wanted to know the angle - given you often want crib notes from the rest of us, before you bless us with your attention :) I'll try to find time to listen. But I must say... it's a strange world if you're suggesting that because kids are voicing concerns about pc related issues that should drive educational policy. Smacks of lunatics running the assylum....
I really think that was an over-sensitive answer. You read-in too much. You asked if there was a PC angle. I mentioned it was a PC thread.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T World Affairs 13
britbox World Affairs 82
britbox World Affairs 1004
britbox World Affairs 8540