Serious PC thread

tented

Administrator
Reactions
I would find it very hard to believe that anyone with even a vague interest in politics or current affairs - particularly anyone whose politics are tribal left - doesn’t know who Jordan Peterson is, or what he looks like. Particularly when it comes to the trans hoax, which he’s deciphered with clarity and passion, which of course means he’s hated.

Typically, he’s the adult in the room on this conversation so of course Twitter would ban him for expressing a logical opinion.

One of my favourite YouTubers is The Offensive Tranny. Biological female, suffers from gender dysphoria, knows what it is and doesn’t think of herself as a man, but accepts that to transition is the only way she can deal with her condition.

Like most people, she’s opposed to the mutilation of young girls and the chemical castration of little boys, by activists.

Here’s The Offensive Tranny on Ellen Page:

Here is his latest on the Jordan Peterson Twitter ban:

Reactions: Federberg

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Here is his latest on the Jordan Peterson Twitter ban:

I love the OT. She always tells what gender dysphoria actually is - a mental disorder, which she feels she can only control by transitioning, while also acknowledging the biological truth of their existence - that she will never be a man but living as a transsexual helps her to live better - and also of course, she knows there are only two genders and that modern trans ideology is a dangerous hoax, deliberately grooming - and destroying - young children. As she said in the video, there will be a surge in detransitions on the coming years.

It’s a tragedy being brought to us by the radical left, who want to cause a revolution and confusion in gender understanding, the effect and goal of which is to destabilise society, by denying the existence of both truth and reality: it’s a revolution fuelled by hysterical personal attacks on anyone who has the gall to ask obvious questions which point to the the dishonesty and absurdity of their position - and we saw this with the girl in the video Federberg posted, who immediately attacked the senator’s questions as transphobic, said very stupid things like, “can a man get pregnant?”, and generally acted like the cry bully that these obnoxious liars really are, while using the trademark jargon that signals who we are listening to when she used the meaningless term, “cis”.

I’m glad the OT showed the clips of The Young Turks, which is a popular far left YouTube channel. Look at how incoherent, desperate and deceitful they are, while giving the game away on their actions by resorting to name calling. Difficult for con men (and women) to act straight, really…

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Remember this?

Yes, now I do! When I listened to it now and then thought of the extent to which radical left activists have hacked the system, hacked the language, and created fake causes which they defend with false ideas of compassion, the way they talk about truth as if it’s a dirty word, and the sheer volume of them in charge of educating the next generation, then it seems we’ve long gone past the final stage he’s talking about in the video…

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Remember this?

it's very interesting. But when you realise that this guy has been dead since 1993, and he probably made this prediction in the late 80s, a time when there were fairly profound societal changes and a new permissiveness, and a seemingly biblical punishment for all of it (AIDS). It would all have seemed like Sodom and Gomorrah then.

But here we are 30 years later, and looking back, with all this self identification malarky it seems like we didn't even understand the limits of permissiveness! But we have to acknowledge that all he predicted not only didn't come to pass but rather the Soviets collapsed fairly soon after he did the interview. The grand plan failed!

I think we - and it's because of lack our familiarity with them - mythologise the Russians and Putin a bit too much. They're just as incompetent as our governments are, only a bit more so, and they have less resources.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
The Offensive Tranny’s response:

That’s brilliant. You see, The Offensive Tranny has an advantage of being from Denmark and so looking objectively at this stuff. Also, she knows what gender dysphoria is and she refers to this in the video with regard to suicide rates. Also, it must be very galling to anyone with gender dysphoria to watch this witless activist make a fool of herself in the pretend cause of men who can become pregnant. The great OT made me laugh and think when she said, if a man can become pregnant, is the abortion issues also a man’s rights issue? America looks very bad when it’s activists testify as “experts” on anything..

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
don't disagree with anything this guy says. In fact I think he mirrors what a few of us here have said! It was funny to watch :)

tented

Administrator
Reactions
don't disagree with anything this guy says. In fact I think he mirrors what a few of us here have said! It was funny to watch :)

It’s an interesting discussion, with thought-provoking aspects. He certainly makes a point that asking others to treat you as something you aren’t is asking them to buy into your illusion, i.e., “I now identify as a Chinese woman, not a black man,” or the moderator/host saying “I identify as a teenager” when she’s clearly not. This approach reminds me of a post by @DarthFed a few years ago, in which he proposed the idea of stating “I identify as a women”, then going into the women’s locker room, when he’s clearly a man. At that point, yes, he would be asking others to buy into his delusion that he’s a woman.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
So I was having a debate over the weekend with a group of friends about the political contest in the Conservative Party and the conversation/argument expanded to Brexit and the current left-right divide. I consider myself a libertarian both in a social and economic context (although these days I feel like the ground has shifted and some would consider me socially conservative, and that's not because I've moved my position!). Anyway what struck me was that at a certain point when the conversation inevitably touched on the gender definition thing, a very conservative friend of mine made a point I hadn't really considered. For context, ever since Trump's appearance on the political stage and his lying, I've been bashing my friend saying that the right has given up on truth. Well this time, he hit back and said well.. the left has also dumped objective truth into the trash can and that their actions are potentially more insidious than anything the right has done. I was floored, but it did get me thinking...

What's worse the Big Lie (Trump election etc), or claiming that a man can identify as a woman if that's how he "feels"?

I honestly don't know. Both sides are bat shit crazy to me, and what's scary is that I don't know whether my way of thinking is still in the majority...

tented

Administrator
Reactions
What's worse the Big Lie (Trump election etc), or claiming that a man can identify as a woman if that's how he "feels"?

Given the high-level global and political ramifications of the Big Lie, I’d say it’s worse than anything involving gender identification.

I honestly don't know. Both sides are bat shit crazy to me, and what's scary is that I don't know whether my way of thinking is still in the majority...

What do you mean by “your way of thinking” — that both sides are crazy? I’d say yes, in terms of the extremes of both sides, but they’re just that: the extremes.

I believe that if we did truly nation-wide polls in the UK and the US, asking people to give their thoughts (anonymously) on various issues, there would be a lot more agreement than disagreement. I recently heard someone (I can’t remember who) discussing how similar the Democrats and Republicans were in the mid-1970s that it became a problem for each party to outline a platform at their respective political conventions leading up to the Presidential elections. It’s unthinkable such a thing could happen today.

But major agreement doesn’t catch people’s attention. We’ve entered into the age of multimedia, cable TV, and social media — all vying for attention in order to attract ad revenue. They all know the best way to attract hits/viewers is to use provocative headlines, which the majority of people encounter, thus giving the false impression that these extremes are the norm.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Given the high-level global and political ramifications of the Big Lie, I’d say it’s worse than anything involving gender identification.

What do you mean by “your way of thinking” — that both sides are crazy? I’d say yes, in terms of the extremes of both sides, but they’re just that: the extremes.

I believe that if we did truly nation-wide polls in the UK and the US, asking people to give their thoughts (anonymously) on various issues, there would be a lot more agreement than disagreement. I recently heard someone (I can’t remember who) discussing how similar the Democrats and Republicans were in the mid-1970s that it became a problem for each party to outline a platform at their respective political conventions leading up to the Presidential elections. It’s unthinkable such a thing could happen today.

But major agreement doesn’t catch people’s attention. We’ve entered into the age of multimedia, cable TV, and social media — all vying for attention in order to attract ad revenue. They all know the best way to attract hits/viewers is to use provocative headlines, which the majority of people encounter, thus giving the false impression that these extremes are the norm.
yes that's what I meant. The reason I say that is that what seems to happen in hospitals and schools, and lets not even bring in prisons makes me think that some of this insanity has already polluted major institutions. I don't recall ever supporting any push for this. So it makes me wonder... is all this happening because there's a consensus and my sensibilities have already been left behind. But it's probably as you say.. the silent majority is suddenly waking up and seeing all this madness being foisted on us

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Is it possible that wokeism might die a quicker death than we all think? Looking at some of the recent or pending movie or tv series fails, surely the big wigs in Hollywood are going to come to (or should have already) the realisation that it doesn't correlate well with making money. I refer of course to things like Amazon's new Lord of the Rings series, Marvel's She Hulk just to name a few of the product that is unlikely to do well at the box office. I'm not even mentioning the fact that film studios were willing to cancel Jonny Depp without due process but are still reluctant to do the same fully to Amber Heard. Let's see how Aquaman 2 does, but I'm sensing that if there's even a sniff of her in the finished product the whole thing will tank. Time will tell I guess...

Reactions: TheSicilian

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Is it possible that wokeism might die a quicker death than we all think? Looking at some of the recent or pending movie or tv series fails, surely the big wigs in Hollywood are going to come to (or should have already) the realisation that it doesn't correlate well with making money. I refer of course to things like Amazon's new Lord of the Rings series, Marvel's She Hulk just to name a few of the product that is unlikely to do well at the box office. I'm not even mentioning the fact that film studios were willing to cancel Jonny Depp without due process but are still reluctant to do the same fully to Amber Heard. Let's see how Aquaman 2 does, but I'm sensing that if there's even a sniff of her in the finished product the whole thing will tank. Time will tell I guess...
Funny, I thought you were going to talk about what was all the news here, as in the shelving of Batgirl, and Scoob! Which were basically done for tax reasons. Not sure what LOTR or She-Hulk have to do with "woke-ism." Do tell. Maybe Batgirl sucked up all industry attention around here.

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Funny, I thought you were going to talk about what was all the news here, as in the shelving of Batgirl, and Scoob! Which were basically done for tax reasons. Not sure what LOTR or She-Hulk have to do with "woke-ism." Do tell. Maybe Batgirl sucked up all industry attention around here.
don't know Scoob, what's that? But Batgirl is part of my observation. I just named a few movies that appear to be part of the same paradigm. Tax reasons sounds like wishy washy bs to me.

However, during the Warner Bros Discovery‘s Q2 earnings call on Thursday (4 August), Variety reports that CEO David Zaslav elaborated upon why Batgirl was cancelled.

“We’re not going to launch a movie until it’s ready,” Zaslav said, adding: “We’re not going to launch a movie to make a quarter, and we’re not going to put a movie out unless we believe in it.”

Zaslav reiterated Warner Bros’ plans to hire a team of people whose job it is to put together a “10-year plan focusing just on DC” in the hopes of emulating Marvel Studios’ success.

“These are brands that are known everywhere in the world,” he said of characters including Batman and Wonder Woman. “And as part of that, we’re going to focus on quality. DC is something that we think we could make better and we’re focused on it now.”

Zaslav’s comments seeingly confirmThe New York Post’s claims that Batgirl was scrapped after being called “irredeemable” following negative test screenings.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
don't know Scoob, what's that? But Batgirl is part of my observation. I just named a few movies that appear to be part of the same paradigm. Tax reasons sounds like wishy washy bs to me.

However, during the Warner Bros Discovery‘s Q2 earnings call on Thursday (4 August), Variety reports that CEO David Zaslav elaborated upon why Batgirl was cancelled.

“We’re not going to launch a movie until it’s ready,” Zaslav said, adding: “We’re not going to launch a movie to make a quarter, and we’re not going to put a movie out unless we believe in it.”

Zaslav reiterated Warner Bros’ plans to hire a team of people whose job it is to put together a “10-year plan focusing just on DC” in the hopes of emulating Marvel Studios’ success.

“These are brands that are known everywhere in the world,” he said of characters including Batman and Wonder Woman. “And as part of that, we’re going to focus on quality. DC is something that we think we could make better and we’re focused on it now.”

Zaslav’s comments seeingly confirmThe New York Post’s claims that Batgirl was scrapped after being called “irredeemable” following negative test screenings.
I still don't see what this has to do with "woke-ness" or lack of. But read this from Deadline:

There has been much speculation on why Batgirl was canceled, having to do with it being a bad movie. Sources said that the film tested once, and the result wasn’t that bad, considering that the cut had temporary visual effects that tend to temper audience enthusiasm in the scores. Already, the studio is discussing making different deals with the directors and Grace, because this was not a reflection on their talent as much as the radical strategy shift. It was a hard decision for all and highly unusual to simply scrap a film that cost $60 million-$70 million, made by the hot directors who helmed Black and the Disney+ series Ms. Marvel under Kevin Feige as well as the pre-pandemic $426M-grossing hit Bad Boys for Life.

(Deadline is an film industry website, btw.)

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I still don't see what this has to do with "woke-ness" or lack of. But read this from Deadline:

There has been much speculation on why Batgirl was canceled, having to do with it being a bad movie. Sources said that the film tested once, and the result wasn’t that bad, considering that the cut had temporary visual effects that tend to temper audience enthusiasm in the scores. Already, the studio is discussing making different deals with the directors and Grace, because this was not a reflection on their talent as much as the radical strategy shift. It was a hard decision for all and highly unusual to simply scrap a film that cost $60 million-$70 million, made by the hot directors who helmed Black and the Disney+ series Ms. Marvel under Kevin Feige as well as the pre-pandemic $426M-grossing hit Bad Boys for Life.

(Deadline is an film industry website, btw.)
There've been rumours, particularly online about the public reacting negatively to these movies. Supposedly it's because of woke-ism. Diversity or gender-roles being foisted on original storylines etc. I don't know if it's true. But I'm simply observing that if it is, and either (1) the market signals it's dissatisfaction, or (2) the film studios themselves are realising the movement has over reached, then perhaps we're entering a much needed phase of correction

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T World Affairs 13
britbox World Affairs 82
britbox World Affairs 1004
britbox World Affairs 8540